Fox News bombshell - Gretchen Carlson Files Sexual Harassment Suit Against Roger Ailes

Page 2 of 18<12345>Last »
July 6th, 2016 at 1:06:24 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: ams288
It never came out how much he settled for. Somewhere between $2-10 million.
Reminds me of a sexual harassment class I went to. It was an attractive woman, and she kept staring at my crotch and asked me how it made me "feel". I told her, "excited". She moved on. Wait, what? Just when I thought we were getting somewhere.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 6th, 2016 at 1:15:11 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: petroglyph
Reminds me of a sexual harassment class I went to. It was an attractive woman, and she kept staring at my crotch and asked me how it made me "feel". I told her, "excited". She moved on. Wait, what? Just when I thought we were getting somewhere.

They are always trying to prove that it is not just women who can be sexually harassed. One woman used the phrase "just a secretary" at one point, and I thought the secretaries were going to tar and pitch her right in the room.
July 6th, 2016 at 1:16:56 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

Women will never understand that what they
consider harassment is what we often call
foreplay. They get all dolled up to nines, a
skirt so short their ass is hanging out, and
if we notice, we're pigs.

I always found Gretchen Carlson creepy, she
is not the the best looking at FOX by a long
shot.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 6th, 2016 at 1:24:02 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Pacomartin
They are always trying to prove that it is not just women who can be sexually harassed.
Pics or it didn't happen. : )

Harassment of the type brought up here is wrong. I don't like how it was never mentioned for seven years, and after termination. If someone is going to take a stand on principle, they should risk and expose something earlier.

I don't doubt it may be true, buy at what time did her lawyer become aware of the recordings?

I have been sexually harassed and threatened with a suit if I didn't go along with demands.
July 6th, 2016 at 1:25:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188

It's not the case where your boss is always attractive and beautiful and you were hoping this would happen. Some guys will sleep with anything on 2 legs though.

Nobody you were repulsed by ever hit on you? Hard to imagine. If it happens to you by a female boss who fits that description, you'd be more sympathetic.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 6th, 2016 at 1:43:54 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Evenbob
Women will never understand that what they
consider harassment is what we often call
foreplay. They get all dolled up to nines, a
skirt so short their ass is hanging out, and
if we notice, we're pigs.

I always found Gretchen Carlson creepy, she
is not the the best looking at FOX by a long
shot.
Best as I can remember, the link may be the first time I have ever seen her? She looks similar to me of the one that was fighting with Trump?

I saw a good looking woman the other day, and she was checking out her own ass in the reflection in a glass wall. She then looked around to see if anyone had caught her. So I asked my wife, "do hot looking women do that, check their own ass and see if anyone else is admiring it", she said....yep. They know exactly what everyone one else is seeing. Then I asked, if it was ok to comment, nicely. She said, nicely...

I am dang near hermitized, but today a friend took me to Walmart in Scottsdale. I don't stare, but it is obvious to me, if someone doesn't want me looking [nicely] at their figure or the flesh exposed, they IMO, should wear more clothes?
July 6th, 2016 at 1:45:48 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: rxwine
It's not the case where your boss is always attractive and beautiful and you were hoping this would happen. Some guys will sleep with anything on 2 legs though.

Nobody you were repulsed by ever hit on you? Hard to imagine. If it happens to you by a female boss who fits that description, you'd be more sympathetic.

I'm not sure if I understand clearly what you are saying, but generally good looking people don't come on to me.

The woman wasn't a boss, she was an employee.
July 6th, 2016 at 1:54:18 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I'm not sure if I understand clearly what you are saying, but generally good looking people don't come on to me.

The woman wasn't a boss, she was an employee.

Having been in Vegas during a BBW event, I leave attractive and beautiful up to the beholder.

However, it's not pleasant being the love interest of someone who you are repulsed by. When they are your boss it's worse, unless you don't mind consequences for outright rejection.

You have to see them all the time, and they can end your employment, for any number of reasons. Unless nothing in that equation would upset you then, it should make sense why these cases sometimes occur for good reasons.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 6th, 2016 at 2:51:08 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Gretchen Carlson is 50, her TV anchor babe
days are over. She's hoping for a big settlement
cause once you file a lawsuit in TV against the
boss, you'll never get hired anywhere again.

She's a diehard Christian and thinks Festivus is an
insult to her religion. She rallied against Festivus
for years. Good grief..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 6th, 2016 at 4:50:22 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: rxwine
However, it's not pleasant being the love interest of someone who you are repulsed by. When they are your boss it's worse, unless you don't mind consequences for outright rejection.
I imagine not. That let's each person choose what's more important, principles or profit.

I have had to make a stand, many times. I feel for the truly oppressed, but the case above, she was able to endure the harassment for over 7 years at probably a huge salary but didn't say anything until now? If she would have stood up like the hard hitting news woman she appears as, then maybe someone else wouldn't have to be taking it in the ass, now.

I have been a labor organizer, and frankly these people irritate the shiz out of me. How many hard working people never got an opportunity because she batted her eyelashes at the boss? All us unattractive people had, was our hard work.

I got no sympathy for her. A waitress getting her ass pinched every night for a pittance is a different story. People that make seven figures repeating propaganda for the money with no principles, disgust me.

Quote:
You have to see them all the time, and they can end your employment, for any number of reasons.
Everybody should get fired or quit at least once, it helps you keep your perspective.
Quote:
Unless nothing in that equation would upset you then, it should make sense why these cases sometimes occur for good reasons.
Of course they do, a pretty women in an office isn't the only one who was abused.

If someone wants to pay me a few million a year for reading a teleprompter, and enduring sexual innuendo's, I will give it a try. Do you not think she capitalized on her looks for years?
Page 2 of 18<12345>Last »