Fox News bombshell - Gretchen Carlson Files Sexual Harassment Suit Against Roger Ailes

Page 15 of 18« First<12131415161718>
April 20th, 2017 at 8:28:41 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I had a plan?

News to me.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 20th, 2017 at 11:33:29 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
So, unless you promptly reported her, or fired her you are reacting to the same fear people who are sexually harassed are under when they decide they won't report their boss because either they won't be believed and/or the boss will retaliate in some manner, either fire them, or not promote them.
Sometimes you have to take a hit for the team. I couldn't replace her in the time left to complete the job, or her part in that project. I told my wife that she might get a call and went on with my tasks without making a big deal out of what she had said. I wanted the job done, so I just sucked it up.

So I guess I felt the oppression that others have, and riff'd her in about ten days. It was a surprise and a bit of a shock, I hadn't expected it at all. Would I hire her again? No way. Be more careful? I already was careful. If I would have complained, they would still be laughing and that would have definitely went against my record, maybe not in writing. But in that business your reputation travels faster than you do.

I had a friend that was charged with sexual harassment and he can't work now in a large area around Olympia Washington, even twenty years later.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 21st, 2017 at 6:25:52 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: petroglyph
We had a large project winding down and workers were being rif'd a few at a time. A female employee told me in private that if I didn't keep her on, she would call my wife at home and say that I had been hitting on her.

So some women are jerks.

If a man had threatened the same thing, or to tell your wife you're sleeping around with a female employee, how would this have been any different?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 21st, 2017 at 7:10:59 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
I had a plan?

News to me.

From your post it appeared your plan was for me to join the oppressed.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 21st, 2017 at 10:11:50 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Nareed
So some women are jerks.

If a man had threatened the same thing, or to tell your wife you're sleeping around with a female employee, how would this have been any different?
Not much difference at all. I don't hold a grudge against women, or even her really. If some guy was crapping on me, and I needed something they uniquely had for the project, I'm very sure the results would be the same.

As a matter of fact, I have been what I termed at the time "held hostage" to a radical asshole, but I had to have his certificate to finish a job. There were only two people in the state that had the cert at the time. I had to keep him, until I didn't. He was released the day I didn't need him.

People are just people to me. The woman was just a surprise, thought I would share my experience with the members.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 24th, 2017 at 11:01:21 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Lots of similarities between Harvey Weinstein and Bill O'Reilly. Except when Weinstein settled his lawsuits, his pay-offs to the victims never exceeded $100,000.

I bring this up because of the size of O'Reilly's January settlement with Lis Wiehl: $32 million. O'Reilly had previously paid $1 million to Laurie Dhue, $1.6 million to Juliet Huddy, and $9 million to Andrea Mackris. (Mackris had in her possession an audio recording of O'Reilly masturbating during a phone call with her. He paid her $9 million not to release the audio, even though the transcripts were already public.)

So how did Wiehl get $32 million out of him? That's a huge number. It's safe to assume that O'Reilly could afford to hire the best lawyers in the world, which means that if he still was willing to pay $32 million with world class legal representation, he must have done something really really really really shocking. Maybe the $32 million was simply a bribe to keep the police out of it.

I'll play devils advocate and try to defend poor innocent Bill O'Reilly: perhaps on one occasion he did something totally disgusting to Wiehl, but rather than sue him immediately, Wiehl subtly encouraged him to do it again so she could gather concrete evidence (audio, video, etc.) to blackmail him with. She's a lawyer, after all.
October 24th, 2017 at 11:26:17 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: reno
Lots of similarities between Harvey Weinstein and Bill O'Reilly.

Except for the fact that the righties on Fox News criticize Weinstein 24/7 and tried to smear liberals with his actions.

Not a peep from them RE: Bill-O. Curious.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 24th, 2017 at 11:27:49 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Yeah, I figure she must of had some hard evidence impossible to weasel out of. What's worth 32 million? Did she find O'Reilly on video with child prostitutes in some overseas country. That's worth 32 million to someone like O'Reilly. Recording forcible rape, probably also.

Bill wasn't a billionaire, so it isn't throwaway money.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 24th, 2017 at 11:30:51 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Yeah, I figure she must of had some hard evidence impossible to weasel out of. What's worth 32 million? Did she find O'Reilly on video with child prostitutes in some overseas country. That's worth 32 million to someone like O'Reilly. Recording forcible rape, probably also.

Bill wasn't a billionaire, so it isn't throwaway money.

I believe Bill-O had a 25 million a year contract with Fox, so this was more than a year's salary... must have been something very bad.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 24th, 2017 at 11:39:32 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: ams288
Except for the fact that the righties on Fox News criticize Weinstein 24/7 and tried to smear liberals with his actions.

Harvey and his liberal friends were having their own little war on women, so they deserve to be called out.
The President is a fink.
Page 15 of 18« First<12131415161718>