Fox News bombshell - Gretchen Carlson Files Sexual Harassment Suit Against Roger Ailes

July 19th, 2016 at 1:33:49 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
The Drudge Report is reporting Roger Ailes is officially out at FOX News, and he will receive a $40+ million golden parachute.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 19th, 2016 at 5:00:58 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: ams288
The Drudge Report is reporting Roger Ailes is officially out at FOX News, and he will receive a $40+ million golden parachute.
Oh, the shame. I will personally, sexually harass blond beauties for a lot less.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 19th, 2016 at 7:14:50 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Actually - Drudge took down the story about Roger being fired.

Apparently it's still being "negotiated."

Ailes is a fat old man - I bet he'll be dead within a couple years. Once he loses his job and doesn't have the pretty blondes to harass anymore, he will have nothing left to live for.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 19th, 2016 at 7:28:24 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188

I don't know if these "golden parachutes" are mischaracterized or really as bad as they often sound. Even when a company goes bankrupt it seems some of these things are carried out.

How does that do anything but degrade arguments for meritocracy? If you're going to preach a meritocracy you shouldn't have different standards for the rich where they fail and float gently down on their golden parachute.

(I realize the profit aspect doesn't directly apply to Ailies, I'm just bitching in general about CEO rewards even when they were failures)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 19th, 2016 at 7:35:09 PM permalink
rxwine
The failed Japanese CEO is at least more logical. He's ashamed, apologizes and maybe even commits hari cari.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 19th, 2016 at 7:54:42 PM permalink
petroglyph
Actually - Drudge took down the story about Roger being fired.

Apparently it's still being "negotiated."

Ailes is a fat old man - I bet he'll be dead within a couple years. Once he loses his job and doesn't have the pretty blondes to harass anymore, he will have nothing left to live for.
Well, my offer still stands.
July 20th, 2016 at 2:26:29 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine

(I realize the profit aspect doesn't directly apply to Ailies, I'm just bitching in general about CEO rewards even when they were failures)

Anybody is free to negotiate a golden parachute for themselves, not just CEOs. They are between the CEO and the shareholders, if someone does not like the deal they are free to sell their shares in the firm.
The President is a fink.
July 20th, 2016 at 6:00:12 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
Anybody is free to negotiate a golden parachute for themselves, not just CEOs. They are between the CEO and the shareholders, if someone does not like the deal they are free to sell their shares in the firm.

Same with collective bargaining I suppose.
July 20th, 2016 at 2:00:10 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Same with collective bargaining I suppose.

Pretty much. Unions have negotiated many a golden parachute.
The President is a fink.
July 20th, 2016 at 4:34:01 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: AZDuffman
Pretty much. Unions have negotiated many a golden parachute.
Well that's the sales pitch when you join up anyway.