Fox News bombshell - Gretchen Carlson Files Sexual Harassment Suit Against Roger Ailes

July 19th, 2016 at 1:33:49 PM permalink
ams288
Member since: Apr 21, 2016
Threads: 14
Posts: 2689
The Drudge Report is reporting Roger Ailes is officially out at FOX News, and he will receive a $40+ million golden parachute.
In order to insult me, I must first value your opinion
July 19th, 2016 at 5:00:58 PM permalink
petroglyph
Member since: Aug 3, 2014
Threads: 18
Posts: 2497
Quote: ams288
The Drudge Report is reporting Roger Ailes is officially out at FOX News, and he will receive a $40+ million golden parachute.
Oh, the shame. I will personally, sexually harass blond beauties for a lot less.
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
July 19th, 2016 at 7:14:50 PM permalink
ams288
Member since: Apr 21, 2016
Threads: 14
Posts: 2689
Actually - Drudge took down the story about Roger being fired.

Apparently it's still being "negotiated."

Ailes is a fat old man - I bet he'll be dead within a couple years. Once he loses his job and doesn't have the pretty blondes to harass anymore, he will have nothing left to live for.
In order to insult me, I must first value your opinion
July 19th, 2016 at 7:28:24 PM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 124
Posts: 5767
Quote: ams288
The Drudge Report is reporting Roger Ailes is officially out at FOX News, and he will receive a $40+ million golden parachute.


I don't know if these "golden parachutes" are mischaracterized or really as bad as they often sound. Even when a company goes bankrupt it seems some of these things are carried out.

How does that do anything but degrade arguments for meritocracy? If you're going to preach a meritocracy you shouldn't have different standards for the rich where they fail and float gently down on their golden parachute.

(I realize the profit aspect doesn't directly apply to Ailies, I'm just bitching in general about CEO rewards even when they were failures)
No one has ever proven I am not God.
July 19th, 2016 at 7:35:09 PM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 124
Posts: 5767
The failed Japanese CEO is at least more logical. He's ashamed, apologizes and maybe even commits hari cari.
No one has ever proven I am not God.
July 19th, 2016 at 7:54:42 PM permalink
petroglyph
Member since: Aug 3, 2014
Threads: 18
Posts: 2497
Quote: ams288
Actually - Drudge took down the story about Roger being fired.

Apparently it's still being "negotiated."

Ailes is a fat old man - I bet he'll be dead within a couple years. Once he loses his job and doesn't have the pretty blondes to harass anymore, he will have nothing left to live for.
Well, my offer still stands.
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
July 20th, 2016 at 2:26:29 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 105
Posts: 7500
Quote: rxwine

(I realize the profit aspect doesn't directly apply to Ailies, I'm just bitching in general about CEO rewards even when they were failures)


Anybody is free to negotiate a golden parachute for themselves, not just CEOs. They are between the CEO and the shareholders, if someone does not like the deal they are free to sell their shares in the firm.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
July 20th, 2016 at 6:00:12 AM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 124
Posts: 5767
Quote: AZDuffman
Anybody is free to negotiate a golden parachute for themselves, not just CEOs. They are between the CEO and the shareholders, if someone does not like the deal they are free to sell their shares in the firm.


Same with collective bargaining I suppose.
No one has ever proven I am not God.
July 20th, 2016 at 2:00:10 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 105
Posts: 7500
Quote: rxwine
Same with collective bargaining I suppose.


Pretty much. Unions have negotiated many a golden parachute.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
July 20th, 2016 at 4:34:01 PM permalink
petroglyph
Member since: Aug 3, 2014
Threads: 18
Posts: 2497
Quote: AZDuffman
Pretty much. Unions have negotiated many a golden parachute.
Well that's the sales pitch when you join up anyway.
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude