The Bible God or Kali

Page 3 of 24<123456>Last »
July 8th, 2016 at 1:50:13 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: rxwine
In a different time, I'd like to think I'd still be a skeptic waiting for evidence

I'd like to think so as well. But, I'll admit, the Greco-Roman gods were cool. It's hard to look upon the depictions and legends surrounding Athena, Apollo, Aphrodite, Diana, Hermes, Prometheus, Hera et. al and not wish they were around.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
July 8th, 2016 at 2:34:15 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Nareed
I'd like to think so as well. But, I'll admit, the Greco-Roman gods were cool.

That's true, they were cool. Nothing cool
about the OT god, though, nothing at
all. Unless you think bigotry and sexual
dysfunction and genocide are cool..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 8th, 2016 at 4:22:48 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob

You can't prove Kali doesn't exist, yet
you dismiss her out of hand. You can't prove
your god exists either, and I dismiss him out
of hand. One god at a time and you eventually
end up with none having any evidence of existing.
Man is the creator. Of gods.

Please be careful of your use of the word "prove". There are a million things you believe and act on every day that you cannot "prove". While I cannot prove to you that my God exists I can show you evidence of His existence and if you want to begin to pray and ask God into your life you can not only have evience but proof yourself that He is real.

Man is rational and thinking. If a man thinks rationally then it is beyond clear that there must be a God. Then we can look at the evidence and reason behind someone's belief in Kali and that for Jesus Christ and you will have no problem seeing the truth.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 8th, 2016 at 4:26:54 PM permalink
FrGamble
edited
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 8th, 2016 at 4:29:42 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Aussie
Why is the onus on the atheist to proove the lack of a god when the idea of one existing is far more absurd?

First of all the idea of God existing is not absurd it is logical and true. It is necessary for there to be anything. Secondly the onus is on the atheist to prove the lack of God using evidence and logic if they are making a truth claim. If they want to deny God's existence without proof or reason they should rather just be an agnostic and keep their minds and hearts open to the possibility.
July 8th, 2016 at 4:34:03 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Nareed
If it were a logical impossibility, I wouldn't have such evidence. Therefore it isn't a logical impossibility.

It is logically impossible for you to have proof of something that is not true. Since God clearly exists you have no evidence, logic, reason, or proof that there is no God. I'm 100% sure of this.

Quote:
I await your proof.

You are mistakenly using proof in the way that Evenbob tends to. I can, and have, shown you lots of evidence that points to the reality of God in the person of Jesus Christ. You must use your rationality and your conscience to decide if it is true or not. Be careful not to use just your emotions or your desires to determine what you believe to be true or not, that will always get us into trouble.
July 8th, 2016 at 5:06:24 PM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
Quote: FrGamble
First of all the idea of God existing is not absurd it is logical and true. It is necessary for there to be anything. Secondly the onus is on the atheist to prove the lack of God using evidence and logic if they are making a truth claim. If they want to deny God's existence without proof or reason they should rather just be an agnostic and keep their minds and hearts open to the possibility.

Keep telling yourself that. That's not how any logical proof works though. You're welcome to believe whatever you like of course but please don't pretend that "no god" is the position which is required to prove anything.
July 8th, 2016 at 5:13:48 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
if you want to begin to pray and ask God into your life you can not only have evience but proof yourself that He is real.

Yeah, praying. You mean like how Elie Weisel prayed
to god for 50 years, wanting an explanation for why
god let the Holocaust happen? And never got an
answer? Praying, probably the most useless thing
you can do in any situation.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 8th, 2016 at 6:51:05 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
It is logically impossible for you to have proof of something that is not true.

That makes no sense, seeing as how I have the proof. It's there. It's real. Therefore it cannot possibly be illogical.

Prove I don't have it.

Quote:
Since God clearly exists

If any god existed, I wouldn't have the proof which says none can exist.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
July 8th, 2016 at 7:37:53 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Aussie
Keep telling yourself that. That's not how any logical proof works though. You're welcome to believe whatever you like of course but please don't pretend that "no god" is the position which is required to prove anything.

Is saying there is absolutely no god a truth statement? If it is then it should have premises, evidence, logic, reason, historical evidence, scientific evidence, it should fit with what we know about the human person and who we are. Absolutely none of these things are present for someone to logically ever say with surety that there is no god. This is not about believing whatever we like this is what I think is the basics of logic and the pursuit for truth.
Page 3 of 24<123456>Last »