The Bible God or Kali

Page 4 of 24<1234567>Last »
July 8th, 2016 at 7:42:41 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob
Yeah, praying.

Are you scared of praying? If you think it is such a waste of time why don't you tonight before going to bed just waste a minute or two and truly in your heart ask God to reveal Himself to you. If you hear a voice tell you to just listen to FrGamble then you know it is not of God and that is the evil one trying to lure you astray. But seriously, if you really think prayer is a waste give it a try. You quote all these studies, why don't you try it yourself? Ask God if He truly loves you to reveal Himself to you.

Quote:
You mean like how Elie Weisel prayed
... And never got an
answer?

Again your audacity, arrogance, and idiocy in claiming to know what this great man received in answer to his prayers is outstanding! How dare you say anything about this man's fervent prayer life and relationship with God that he valued for all his life and I pray is now receiving his eternal reward. Shame on you.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 8th, 2016 at 7:48:08 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Nareed

Prove I don't have it.

Let's see do I reiterate again that something cannot come from nothing, that contingent things need to have a non-contingent creator, point out again the direction that scientific evidence points us to, the reality of universal moral norms, that human beings are religious beings, the historical evidence? Maybe I should talk more about miracles and unexplainable supernatural and spiritual experiences, the evidence of billions and billions of people, nah. I think I will just simply say that I have a personal real relationship with the living Lord Jesus Christ and this is how I know without even a scintilla of doubt that you have absolutely no evidence much less even a logical argument as to the non-existence of God.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 8th, 2016 at 7:50:03 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: FrGamble
Let's see do I reiterate again that something cannot come from nothing, that contingent things need to have a non-contingent creator, point out again the direction that scientific evidence points us to, the reality of universal moral norms, that human beings are religious beings, the historical evidence? Maybe I should talk more about miracles and unexplainable supernatural and spiritual experiences, the evidence of billions and billions of people, nah. I think I will just simply say that I have a personal real relationship with the living Lord Jesus Christ and this is how I know without even a scintilla of doubt that you have absolutely no evidence much less even a logical argument as to the non-existence of God.

That's not much of a proof.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
July 8th, 2016 at 8:01:10 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Is saying there is absolutely no god a truth statement?

Honestly, if there was a god, do you
think it would this mind bogglingly
hard to prove his existence? It would
be blatantly obvious to every person
on the planet. Not only is it not
obvious (at all), religious types can't
even agree on which god. There are
hundreds of them.

This argument is getting silly. If god
is hiding, what good is he. What good
is a god who plays games with peoples
lives. The blatantly obvious answer is,
there is no god. Duh..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 8th, 2016 at 8:11:58 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Hopefully, FrGamble doesn't ever end up detained in N. Korea, because they will surely employ questions, like "prove you are not a spy" as opposed to presenting him with actual evidence that he was spying.

Though, it would be a good lesson for him to endure.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 8th, 2016 at 8:17:23 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Evenbob
The blatantly obvious answer is,
there is god. Duh..

This is true of course, but another reason why God does not just reveal Himself is that He wants us to use both our brains and our hearts. Ultimately, God doesn't want you just to know He exists but to fall in love with Him and form a relationship with Him.
July 8th, 2016 at 8:19:53 PM permalink
Evenbob
before going to bed just waste a minute or two and truly in your heart ask God?

Decades ago I did it all the time, when
I was studying comparative religion.
Now I'm an atheist, that was my answer.

Quote:
Again your audacity, arrogance, and idiocy in claiming to know what this great man received in answer to his prayers is outstanding! .

He claimed he never got an answer about
the Holocaust, so he quit asking. Why does
that bother you so much? I not saying it, he
said it. It's written about everywhere, that
nobody has ever got an answer from god
about why he let the Holocaust happen.

I know why that is, but you don't.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 8th, 2016 at 8:27:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
This is true of course, but another reason why God does not just reveal Himself is that He wants us to use both our brains and our hearts. .

That was a typo as I'm sure you know.
God doesn't reveal himself and of
course god people have a boatload
of silly reasons why. You have no
real reason because there is no god
and you're just throwing reasons at
the wall to see what sticks.
July 8th, 2016 at 8:57:21 PM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
Is saying there is absolutely no god a truth statement? If it is then it should have premises, evidence, logic, reason, historical evidence, scientific evidence, it should fit with what we know about the human person and who we are. Absolutely none of these things are present for someone to logically ever say with surety that there is no god. This is not about believing whatever we like this is what I think is the basics of logic and the pursuit for truth.

Again, the null hypothesis in any logical argument will be no god. Your alternate hypothesis for the existence of a god to explain what you can't explain requires evidence. None exists beyond the contents of your skull.

And it IS all about believing whatever you like. That's the whole basis of freedom of thought and freedom of religion. You can believe whatever far-fetched fantasy you want in whatever field of life you want and no one can tell you not to. More power to you. :)
July 8th, 2016 at 9:26:48 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Aussie
Again, the null hypothesis in any logical argument will be no god. )

It's much like innocent until proven guilty.
No proof, no guilt. You start with the premise
that no god exists, and try to prove there
is one. God people are confused because
they do it backwards. They use the premise
god is real, and then try and prove he's not. They
can't, so of course their premise must be
correct. They put themselves in a box of their
own making and try and drag us in there with
them.
Page 4 of 24<1234567>Last »