Dallas shootings.

Page 1 of 61234>Last »
July 7th, 2016 at 10:17:24 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Just opening the thread.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 7th, 2016 at 10:21:36 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I'm starting to think people problems are like machine problems. Machine problems don't get generally get better on their own. If you ignore them, they don't go away. They just fester. They swell. They explode in their own way.

You can say we don't have time, energy, money to do anything. But you still can't avoid it getting worse, if you don't try fix it.

Yup, used to think it only applied to machines.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 8th, 2016 at 12:22:41 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Did the two snipers open fire in a target rich area in Dallas, TX or did this occur via the internet.
You get people all whipped up by 'cops shoot in Baton Rouge, LA a CD seller' and 'cops shoot a seat belt restrained passenger in Minnesota with no weapon visible, aim several firearms at the driver despite no weapon visible, etc.' and one wonders if without all the publicity would there have been a target rich area filled with 'uniforms' in Dallas?

Black lives matter? Innocent Lives Matter? Motorists lives matter?

The answer in some respects is sure, but not as much as the trigger happy cop's life matters.

Seller of loose cigarettes killed in Staten Island.

Taxi companies hype up Austin Uber battle to destroy drivers, Airbnb renters, etc. ... will the next sniper be a landlord in Austin?
July 8th, 2016 at 3:08:57 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I say societal collapse has arrived, I get laughed at. I say near-civil war will happen in the 2020s, I get laughed at. Folks, this is what I am talking about, this is the kind of thing I am predicting. It will not be firing on a fort that starts things, you will be half a decade or more into it before you even realize and start to accept it.

Now for the aftermath. Obama will race to call for more gun laws and say we cannot hold BLM responsible. Likely Hillary will first ask him to act and he will say he is taking her advice, all to make it look as though it was spontaneous. The same media that rushed to find a Tea Party connection to the Boston bombing (I think it was there where they just took a name from a FB group while on the air or it might have been another attack) will be rushing to defend BLM but will say, "we have to get rid of all extremist groups, left and right!"

Meanwhile, Mr and Mrs low information will demand the government take away more of their rights and freedoms. They will demand more militarization of local cops.

Whoever did this, and as I write this I have heard of no suspects, probably had some military training to set up a kill box like that. Had to be big time pre-planned. Question for now is was it the radical and violent end of BLM or was it someone taking advantage of the BLM march. Hard to think it was a total outsider because they would need to know the itinerary of the group.
The President is a fink.
July 8th, 2016 at 3:54:42 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
WTF! Just getting the news.

My 2 cents: all these prompting incidents manage to raise questions as to "what really happened"? Often, as in Ferguson, the truth that finally comes out is quite different than the initial indications would have it. I am sorry to say that I believe Af/Ams preponderantly still are in denial about it. This sets the stage for more trouble.

Two points I'll concede are: in some way , some means, unarmed people must not be shot. Police have to be trained better and know to use other non-lethal means of control, and even accept better that there are circumstances in which this will put them in a bad way, even endangered, but it must be accepted. Easy for me to say of course. The other concession, the SC incident, although we don't get to see all that happened, is the best example for the case that police sometimes are outrageous in handling Blacks, this time pretty much a case of murder by police. I give them that one.

One thing that cannot be said in a PC way, and, again, I'm sorry, is that I have to believe that if you want to become a racist when you were not one to begin with, then become a policeman. I consider this just a fact. Sorry. It's unavoidable, if there is going to be an underclass, then there is going to be a large criminal element. This is what confronts police, something actually disconnected in theory from race, but for policemen it looks like race and they become racists. Tell me I'm wrong.

Obama and his administration always take steps to make things worse, that is the part that bothers me most. Their attitude, too, probably has prevented the FBI from investigating and penetrating for intel radical elements of the BLM.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 8th, 2016 at 4:32:48 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
They have 3 suspects in custody and one more is dead. Why don't we know who they are yet?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 8th, 2016 at 7:52:09 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
I say societal collapse has arrived, I get laughed at. I say near-civil war will happen in the 2020s, I get laughed at. .

LOL
In my lifetime the most societal decisive year was 1968. The US is strong. We survived 1968's riots, RFK MLK killed and war in Viet Nam
Day after MLK was killed was the only day in my entire life that I was told its not a good idea to go outside the neighborhood

Quote: AZDuffman

Now for the aftermath. Obama will race to call for more gun laws and say we cannot hold BLM responsible. .

I am for banning guns. Don't own one. Never will.
BLM does not condone or support violence.
I have protested as BLM
I am BLM
I am not responsible for what happened in Dallas
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 8th, 2016 at 11:24:55 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Black Lives Matter (Too) needs to show the police how to deal with 'bad apples' and make sure that they don't exist in their movement.

When the police appear to be making extra-judicial executions and civil seizures of property, maybe yes, there might be a civil war in the US. They are doing a high stress job on the frontlines of protecting the property rights and human rights. Problem is, many being protected don't always think that everyone has the same rights to be protected. And some people don't have any property to be protected by the front line.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
July 8th, 2016 at 1:38:22 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: odiousgambit

Two points I'll concede are: in some way , some means, unarmed people must not be shot. Police have to be trained better and know to use other non-lethal means of control, and even accept better that there are circumstances in which this will put them in a bad way, even endangered, but it must be accepted. Easy for me to say of course.

I cannot disagree more. If a situation puts a law enforcement officer in harms way, even if the offender is 'unarmed', then the officer should be justified in using deadly force. Of course the officer, if possible, should avoid using deadly force, but there are many situations that just don't fit that hope. The law officer should never be more endangered......
Are some uses of deadly force not justifiable? Of course. Prosecute those offenders. But don't let mobs decide. Let the courts decide.

I can't remember the exact numbers, but in just Chicago alone in an average week more black lives are lost than are lost in a year in the entire US by alleged inappropriate shootings. The BLM movement takes focus away from the far more serious problem....
July 8th, 2016 at 3:37:09 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
LOL
In my lifetime the most societal decisive year was 1968. The US is strong. We survived 1968's riots, RFK MLK killed and war in Viet Nam Day after MLK was killed was the only day in my entire life that I was told its not a good idea to go outside the neighborhood

The forces are different and stronger now. It's coming, most people will deny it until they are stuck in the middle. Most will assume "because we are the USA" it cannot happen and be busy waving foam #1 fingers instead of accepting reality.

Quote: terapined

I am for banning guns. Don't own one. Never will.

If you do not want to own one fine, but why are you against others being able to protect themselves?

Quote:
BLM does not condone or support violence.

I would suggest you listen more to what their actions have been. Disrupting people at breakfast to near riots, they do condone it. At the least enough of them do that I will never have a thing to do with them. Expect violence from them to increase as it keeps being un-PC to call them out.
The President is a fink.
Page 1 of 61234>Last »