July 10th, 2016 at 8:09:12 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Pretty neat game
Its actually getting me to go outside to hunt for pokemon monsters
Its a pretty fun phone app game using your GPS
Its a combination of finding virtual world pokemon's in the real world
Been playing for the last couple of days
I spent yesterday walking around Ybor city, its a goldmine for Pokestops to load up on some goodies to help catch pokemons
A pokestop just about every corner in Ybor
Went grocery shopping, although caught some pokemons in the lot, cant believe the store itself isn't a pokestop.
Getting ready to go outside
Got a pokestop at the gas station across the street and one at the VFW down the street
Need to check out my local bike trail, see if there are pokemons I can catch or any pokestops on the trail

The game is fun because it makes you want to get outside
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 11th, 2016 at 7:16:53 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: terapined
Pretty neat game ... because it makes you want to get outside
Pretty neat game because it brings victims to the criminals lying in wait.

Sorry for not having the link.... I believe it was in Missouri that the police announced criminals with gps enabled equipment were luring pokeman go gamers and robbing them.
July 11th, 2016 at 7:24:16 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
This weekend there were so many people wandering around my street holding their phones out in front of them because of this new game. It was comical. I took pictures.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 11th, 2016 at 7:52:47 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Fleastiff
Pretty neat game because it brings victims to the criminals lying in wait.

Sorry for not having the link.... I believe it was in Missouri that the police announced criminals with gps enabled equipment were luring pokeman go gamers and robbing them.

Just about all the Gyms and pokestops are
businesses , landmarks and tourist attractions that attract lots of people anyway
Areas with lots of pedestrians generally have lots of pokestops and gyms

I'm at Level 9 :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 11th, 2016 at 1:45:12 PM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Just about all the Gyms and pokestops are
businesses , landmarks and tourist attractions that attract lots of people anyway
Areas with lots of pedestrians generally have lots of pokestops and gyms

I'm at Level 9 :-)

Now I get what this lady was talking about when she caught two in the drive thru a few nights ago. I thought the purpose was to be outside, not in your car. Anyways I download the game. Had to be Miplet2 as Miplet was already taken.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
July 11th, 2016 at 4:56:57 PM permalink
terapined
Been a terrible release
Server issues, cant load the game
or
If you can get in, unstable platform that is freezing
The servers cant handle the USA and they release the game in Australia and New Zealand today. WTF
Everybody wants to play so nobody is playing
:-(
July 12th, 2016 at 5:14:50 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Been a terrible release
Server issues, cant load the game
or
If you can get in, unstable platform that is freezing
The servers cant handle the USA and they release the game in Australia and New Zealand today. WTF
Everybody wants to play so nobody is playing
:-(

That's not a terrible release. In the video game world, that's simply "a release".

Ever since the all online stuff, so about Xbox 360era, every game I've ever gotten on release day has been garbage. From Call of Duty to SimCity, console to PC, it's all just junk. There's no longer a premium on completeness or bug free-ness, cuz you can just patch in a fix or the rest of the game later (all too often with a charge attached). It's complete horse s#$%. I made it a point to break the need to be "in the now" and haven't bought a new game since the very Sim City that broke my will. Haven't had a single issue since (and "made" a lot of dough, as I'm paying $20 instead of $70 per).

On topic, any idea how the algorithm works? Would I get the same density and rarity hunting in the sticks as you would on the streets of Clearwater? Additionally, has anyone taken advantage of this yet? Walmart pays a premium to get a bunch of Mewtwo's in their stores.... just wonderin' =p
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
July 12th, 2016 at 5:57:05 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: Face

On topic, any idea how the algorithm works? Would I get the same density and rarity hunting in the sticks as you would on the streets of Clearwater? Additionally, has anyone taken advantage of this yet? Walmart pays a premium to get a bunch of Mewtwo's in their stores.... just wonderin' =p

I don't know how the algorithm works
They are using google maps and cell phone GPS to track clusters of people to plant pokemons in that area.
Any area where you live that people tend to cluster will generally have pokemons .
If you really don't want to walk around
Put out pokemon bait and they will come to you
I rode my bike over to a small park with a poke gym and 5 poke stops.
A nice cluster meant finding a pokemon about every 5 min.
People were putting out pokemon bait, which meant catching one about every minute.
Everybody else can see the bait
People were actually calling out thanks to the person that put out the bait
Lasts for 30 min, even though a person put out the bait, everybody can take advantage and catch more pokemons due to the bait
Had a cluster of about 15 geeks taking advantage of the bait 2 people put out to catch lots of pokemons
July 12th, 2016 at 7:41:56 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
This app came out while my son was at band camp in Lake Tahoe. He said a lot of other campers downloaded it and were walking around camp like zombies the rest of the week.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
July 12th, 2016 at 10:27:57 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Wizard
This app came out while my son was at band camp in Lake Tahoe. He said a lot of other campers downloaded it and were walking around camp like zombies the rest of the week.

A 1939 New York Times review of a demonstration of television at the 1939 World's Fair: “The problem with television is that people must sit and keep their eyes glued on a screen; the average American family hasn’t time for it.”
Page 1 of 212>