Social Media

Page 2 of 2<12
July 13th, 2016 at 2:48:38 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: DRich
My wife just applied for a new job and has been scheduled for a second interview. The future employer asked to have access to her Facebook page which is currently set private. Is this typical today? If I was hiring I would definitely do a social media search on the candidate for publicly available information but I would have never asked permission to see private areas.

I've heard about it, and would refuse to do it. There's plenty of my stuff that's in public they can see if they want. If your wife's stuff is private now, then her public persona is all they should need to worry about.

I would not do this for a job, as I probably wouldn't respect the company that asked, and that's a route to a bad time.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
July 13th, 2016 at 2:54:47 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
This was bigger about 5 years ago than it is today. I think enough people told them the password is "effoff" that it died down.

Unless she is really desperate tell them "NO." Only reason for such access is maybe an officer or highly visible person like a spokesperson who might bring damage to the company.
The President is a fink.
July 13th, 2016 at 4:50:06 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Fleastiff
What if a potential employer asked you:
Why do you enjoy discussions of poisons and corpses with erections? Why do you enjoy discussions about naked women sleeping on the sand being hunted down by hungry giant crabs?

I would be shocked because I didn't believe ESP really existed.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 13th, 2016 at 4:53:43 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: rxwine
No one expects to have access to your private email account, so why should they expect the option to deprivatize anything else you made private just because it can be done?

That's what I would ask, you want access to my private email as well? How about my letters in my actual mailbox.

Bastards.

I would be willing to give that to anybody for the right price and I think most people would. Some of us are just cheaper than others.
July 13th, 2016 at 5:14:58 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I would be willing to give that to anybody for the right price and I think most people would. Some of us are just cheaper than others.

How much would you sell yourself out for is another question though.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 13th, 2016 at 5:15:37 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Sounds like a clear cut, 7 figure case of sexual harassment to me.

How did your pool light dilemma work out? Mine just went out. I haven't figured out how to get it pulled without draining the pool.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 13th, 2016 at 5:37:37 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I would be shocked because I didn't believe ESP really existed.

Remember when I was entertaining Face and FrGambler with tales about giant crabs?

Quote: Fleastiff
That is precisely what a Coconut Crab thinks when it encounters a yachtsman who is lying on the hot sand sleeping off a lobster or two and a half dozen beers. They are particularly fond of beautiful women whose deafness makes them unable to hear their scurrying 35 mph approach. They hunt in pairs. Starting with a big toe, each.

The taste is great, absolutely great, unless the crab has been feasting on sea mangoes in which case a human will die at the first or second bite and, if male, if die with an absolutely huge erection.

They are said to never let go of anything they pinch, but if you find one on Ashley's big toe, just tickle its underbelly... it thinks you want to have sex with it and will let Ashley go.//qq

DRich: This may be one of the strangest and funniest posts I have ever read.
July 13th, 2016 at 7:07:53 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: petroglyph

How did your pool light dilemma work out? Mine just went out. I haven't figured out how to get it pulled without draining the pool.

I am embarrassed to say that I have not done it yet.

Most of the pool lights only have one or two screws and they are made to be removed with the water still in the pool. It should have enough cord slack to pull it out and set it on the deck.
July 13th, 2016 at 7:42:30 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
There was a blip I think last week about a guy in Phoenix that electrocuted himself changing one out.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
Page 2 of 2<12