GOP Convention

Page 3 of 36<123456>Last »
July 18th, 2016 at 10:25:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Was Chris Christie anywhere to be seen? Somehow, I suspect he was at home with 5 boxes of donuts Monday evening.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 19th, 2016 at 2:13:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Aussie
Can someone explain to an outsider what the actual purpose of these conventions are? From what I have been watching it just seems like a circle jerk for supporters of the GOP Presiderial nominee (the DNC will be the same for Hillary no doubt). Why do thousands of people who most likely play no serious part in anything need to spend 4 days in an indoor arena patting each other on the back? Why can't the few people there who will actually have any influence do the same thing in a smaller venue in a fraction of the time?

It goes back to pre-1968 when the conventions actually voted to pick the nominee. The power brokers would be in a smoke filled room and decide who got to run and who got what for backing who. It was then and remains today still about putting a platform together. Also there is a bit of meetings and such about running campaigns at more local levels which will never make it to TV as it is an actual business meeting.
The President is a fink.
July 19th, 2016 at 2:15:53 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: ams288

Democrats aren't coming out against the cops.

You need to accept reality. This week after the shootings Obama said the cops need to admit there is a problem. Democrats have been on the side of the thugs for years. Boston. Ferguson. Baltimore. Every time they come out against the cops.

Who did Obama say his son would "look like?" The slain black cop or the slain thug who attacked the cop?
The President is a fink.
July 19th, 2016 at 3:27:06 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Melania: YOU'RE FIRED!!!

Unbelievable.

I would love for some rightie to try to argue that this is some weird coincidence or something....
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 19th, 2016 at 4:39:54 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
Was Chris Christie anywhere to be seen? Somehow, I suspect he was at home with 5 boxes of donuts Monday evening.

The republican VP position is the stepping stone to the 2020 nomination
This cycle will be a disaster for the Repubs in November
Christie and Pence want the vp spot to springboard them into the lead for 2020
There is no chance a repub will actually be VP
Looks like Pence has the lead for the 2020 nomination which is what Christie is upset about
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 19th, 2016 at 4:43:42 AM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
Melania: YOU'RE FIRED!!!

Unbelievable.

I would love for some rightie to try to argue that this is some weird coincidence or something....

How about her Rick Rolling the convention! Classic!
July 19th, 2016 at 4:44:00 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: terapined
The republican VP position is the stepping stone to the 2020 nomination
This cycle will be a disaster for the Repubs in November
Christie and Pence want the vp spot to springboard them into the lead for 2020
There is no chance a repub will actually be VP
Looks like Pence has the lead for the 2020 nomination which is what Christie is upset about

Yesterday the Republicans changed the rules for the 2020 primary season - more closed primaries so independents can't vote.

They've already written this year off as a loss....
July 19th, 2016 at 4:47:59 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
You need to accept reality.

This is reality in the USA
I look white, I could care less if a cop stops me. I look white. White lives matter to cops. Not nervous at all.
If I was black and stopped by a cop, I would be scared, very scared because to some cops, black lives don't matter
That is reality
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 19th, 2016 at 5:06:48 AM permalink
ams288

Chris Christie and Trump's campaign manager Paul Manafort are already out there on the morning shows claiming it wasn't plagiarized.

They are making a big story even bigger with their idiotic denials.
July 19th, 2016 at 6:25:08 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Aussie
Can someone explain to an outsider what the actual purpose of these conventions are?

Media circus. The speakers get nationwide exposure and brownie points at home.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
Page 3 of 36<123456>Last »