GOP Convention

Page 4 of 36<1234567>Last »
July 19th, 2016 at 7:00:18 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: terapined
The republican VP position is the stepping stone to the 2020 nomination

I can't think of many failed VP candidates who've gone on to secure a nomination for themselves later on.

Winning VP candidates are a different matter entirely. There's Nixon, H.W. Bush, and Gore. To be sure there was also Walter Mondale, but seeing as to what happened to him in the 84 election, he'd have been better off not running that year.

Quote:
This cycle will be a disaster for the Repubs in November

Here's hoping.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
July 19th, 2016 at 8:47:03 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: ams288
Yesterday the Republicans changed the rules for the 2020 primary season - more closed primaries so independents can't vote.

They've already written this year off as a loss....

Seems unlikely it's a write off yet. Trump's superficial and all mouth and no trousers. He doesn't have the ability to dive deep, just to shout and make instant choices... no matter how good or bad they are. Thing is, some people, a sizeable amount of people, want that in their leader. They don't like Obama. They don't like the establishment. They will react and reject.

We have fine examples of the type of supporters that like Trump right here.

And that pattern will repeat. Hils can screw it up still.

If Trump gets in, I think as many people disappointed with Obama will be disappointed with Trump's promises.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
July 19th, 2016 at 9:09:33 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: TheCesspit
He doesn't have the ability to dive deep, just to shout and make instant choices... no matter how good or bad they are.

Paradoxically, given his character and prejudices, that's a good thing. it would be much worse if he were capable of planning long term or implementing a plan.
July 19th, 2016 at 9:53:13 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Melania: YOU'RE FIRED!!!

Unbelievable.

I would love for some rightie to try to argue that this is some weird coincidence or something....

This too rich
The campaign from the Bizzarro world
Here it is
It's all Hillary's fault

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/07/19/paul-manafort-blames-hillary-clinton-for-melania-trump-speech-plagiarism-allegation/

The buck don't stop anywhere in the Trump campaign
lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 19th, 2016 at 12:21:33 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
[The buck don't stop anywhere in the Trump campaign
lol

Maybe the reason no one gets fired and there is heavy denial is Trump himself added those parts. Maybe Melania was telling the absolute truth when she said she wrote most of it. Trump, (knowing best) offered her some help when she was having trouble with coming up with a good phrase.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 19th, 2016 at 12:33:59 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Now I've thought of the ultimate scenario.

They hired a pro speech writer, who did a great job. Trump meddled with it. Melania went in blind not knowing he added lifted parts.

So now she's mad at Trump. Trump blames everyone else. No one else can say anything, so they're out defending it unable to blame Trump for it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 19th, 2016 at 1:14:53 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: rxwine
Now I've thought of the ultimate scenario.

Hillary stole a time machine from George W. Bush. She then sent Al Gore to the future to steal Mrs. Trump's speech, and surreptitiously slipped parts of it into Michelle Obama's speech some years earlier.

Because that's the stupid shit democrats would do with a time machine.
July 19th, 2016 at 1:17:40 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
The Washington Post has obtained a memo the Trump campaign is circulating that details how they want to try to blame the Clinton campaign for the plagiarism in Melania's speech.

What a stupid, stupid group of people they've got huddled in Trump tower right now.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 19th, 2016 at 1:32:19 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
The Washington Post has obtained a memo the Trump campaign is circulating that details how they want to try to blame the Clinton campaign for the plagiarism in Melania's speech.

What a stupid, stupid group of people they've got huddled in Trump tower right now.

The campaign is so dumb, they don't understand how the internet and media work
Its the internet that catches those gotcha moments
They make fun of it
People laugh
It goes viral due to the humor so the media pick up on it and it becomes a viral story with all the media

Clinton campaign just watches and chuckles
Blaming Clinton for the internet will keep this story going lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 19th, 2016 at 2:47:43 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: TheCesspit

If Trump gets in, I think as many people disappointed with Obama will be disappointed with Trump's promises.

I won't be because I rarely listen to their promises as they are all BS. I will be happy to see the GOP establishment embarrassed to death and even happier that it will be the last we effectively see of Hillary.
The President is a fink.
Page 4 of 36<1234567>Last »