Until you can tell me how life formed

Science has knocked down all the other
things god was blamed for, they'll figure
it out eventually. Always remember, god
is never the first answer for any question,
it's always the very last answer. We're
hardly close to the point where we're
that desperate yet.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 19th, 2016 at 8:13:47 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: petroglyph
Same as always, the bankers won.
"The only winners in war are those who lend you money to wage it", Ezra Pound
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 19th, 2016 at 8:17:36 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Ben Carson, making sure LBGT votes for Democrats.

Quote:
"For thousands of years, mankind has known what a man is and what a woman is," Carson said to applause Tuesday at the Florida delegation breakfast near the Republican National Convention in Cleveland. "And now all of a sudden we don't know anymore. Now, is that the height of absurdity? Because today you feel like a woman, even though everything about you genetically says that you're a man or vice versa?"

"Wouldn't that be the same as if you woke up tomorrow morning after seeing a movie about Afghanistan or reading some books and said, 'You know what? I'm Afghanistan. I know I don't look that way. My ancestors came from Sweden, or something, I don't know. But I really am. And if you say I'm not, (then) you're racist,'" the former presidential candidate continued.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/19/politics/ben-carson-transgender/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 19th, 2016 at 9:19:14 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
Who ended up winning that war and who ended up clobbered?

That's the worst argument for God I've seen in a long time. It's almost obscene it's crassness.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
July 20th, 2016 at 2:23:27 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine

Because LBGT is even going to consider going off the Democrat reservation? Looks to me like the guy made a factual statement instead of bowing to the fantasy in some people's minds that you can change your gender because you "feel" or "identify" a certain way.

But hey hey lets see how the Democrats reach out to NRA members at their convention, shall we?
The President is a fink.
July 20th, 2016 at 4:05:23 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
GOP is a big-tent party where many ideas are welcome.

Because LBGT is even going to consider going off the Democrat reservation? Looks to me like the guy made a factual statement instead of bowing to the fantasy in some people's minds that you can change your gender because you "feel" or "identify" a certain way.

Hmm, Looks like the tent isn't big enough for LGBT
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 20th, 2016 at 4:07:54 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
But hey hey lets see how the Democrats reach out to NRA members at their convention, shall we?

There is no need for the Dems to reach out to the 5 million members of the NRA. That'd be a waste of time. They will always cling to their guns and their religion cause they have nothing else going for them...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 20th, 2016 at 6:13:05 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: ams288
. They will always cling to their guns and their religion cause they have nothing else going for them...
They still have "right to work" laws.

FU Charleton Heston
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 20th, 2016 at 6:36:49 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: rxwine

You know how it is. If they don't demean and clobber every minority, they'd cry "discrimination."

What one has to wonder about, is how deep the GOP death-wish runs. In a year where the Democrats put up a candidate with huge negatives and truckloads of skeletons in the closet, they pick a candidate with even bigger negatives and at least as many skeletons.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
July 20th, 2016 at 10:41:23 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: ams288
There is no need for the Dems to reach out to the 5 million members of the NRA. That'd be a waste of time. They will always cling to their guns and their religion cause they have nothing else going for them...

it'd actually move the gun debate forward if the Democrats could work with some elements of the NRA. Maybe the 'R' part, perhaps.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life