World Youth Day in Poland

July 27th, 2016 at 6:04:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
You should have invited him. You guys would be the greatest team since Bert & Ernie.

I would never go to Poland, last place
in Europe I would ever visit.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 27th, 2016 at 6:56:25 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Evenbob
I would never go to Poland, last place
in Europe I would ever visit.

Well, it wouldn't be interesting if you went to your favorite place. Everyone secretly loves reading about the Carnival Cruise, where the ship broke down in the middle of the ocean, and toilets stopped working, not the one where everything is a perfect holiday experience.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 27th, 2016 at 7:46:41 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Well, it wouldn't be interesting if you went to your favorite place. Everyone secretly loves reading about the Carnival Cruise, where the ship broke down in the middle of the ocean, and toilets stopped working, not the one where everything is a perfect holiday experience.

Ricky Gervais's series 'An Idiot Abroad' is all about sending Karl Pilkington to places he'd rather not go...
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
July 27th, 2016 at 8:04:24 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
You should have invited him. You guys would be the greatest team since Bert & Ernie.
Bert and Ernie? I remember Bert and Harry Peel.
July 28th, 2016 at 12:00:00 PM permalink
Evenbob
I thought the pope was un-fall-able. Oh
wait, that's not right. What is this, the
8th time this pope has fallen in public?
My theory is he thought this was the
break dancing part of the program.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 28th, 2016 at 12:32:25 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
We welcomed the Pope today! What a great experience. It started with songs representing all the different areas of the world from where people have come, which is just about every place. I think there is 187 countries represented. Then after a Gospel reading the Pope gave a very nice talking to the young people encouraging them to be agents of change in our world through living out mercy. It was beautiful experience and I can't tell you how truly awesome it is to be part of WYD!
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 28th, 2016 at 12:43:46 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: FrGamble
We welcomed the Pope today! What a great experience. It started with songs representing all the different areas of the world from where people have come, which is just about every place. I think there is 187 countries represented. Then after a Gospel reading the Pope gave a very nice talking to the young people encouraging them to be agents of change in our world through living out mercy. It was beautiful experience and I can't tell you how truly awesome it is to be part of WYD!

Are you out of breath with excitement
as you typed this? You sound like you
just heard Elvis and are in your room
clutching a teddy bear and writing in
your diary about it. Settle down, it's all
in your head, Gladys..
July 29th, 2016 at 11:57:04 AM permalink
FrGamble
Hearing confessions today was one of the most grace filled moments of my life. "Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy." So many good and faithful young people from all over the world who trust in the awesome love of God! Glory and praise to you Lord Jesus Christ!
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 29th, 2016 at 12:49:58 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: FrGamble
Glory and praise to you Lord Jesus Christ!

(psst. I have to break something to you.
He's long dead and can't hear you, so
you're just talking to yourself..)
July 29th, 2016 at 12:57:33 PM permalink
FrGamble
I have to proclaim the Good News to you. Jesus Christ has conquered sin and death. He is true God and true man, He lives and desires a personal living relationship with you.