Democrat Party Convention

July 25th, 2016 at 9:36:07 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Seems like the people who care about the whole DWS mess the most are the hardcore righties.

They're desperate for disunity amongst the Dems, because they know Trump is a sinking ship...

Driving to work this morning my news station said the first poll taken after the latest email snafu had Trump ahead for the first time in the polls, by 3%.
I don't think he would do it, but Bernie can 'blackmail' Hillary if he wants.... Him withdrawing support during his speech would tilt the election to Trump....
Since at age 70+ he has no real political future anyway, and his future is writing a book, giving speeches, etc.... Sanders could make it interesting.... Odds at 2%...
July 25th, 2016 at 10:40:37 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
Driving to work this morning my news station said the first poll taken after the latest email snafu had Trump ahead for the first time in the polls, by 3%.

Yes. Polls taken after one party's convention and before the other party's convention are historically very reliable.

/sarcasm
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 25th, 2016 at 10:51:55 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Yes. Polls taken after one party's convention and before the other party's convention are historically very reliable.

/sarcasm

I didn't say they were reliable. But saying Trump is a sinking ship upon his first time leading since he and Hillary are the presumptive nominees makes no sense. Watching DWS being booed off the stage by DEMOCRATS leads me to wonder whose ship is taking on water......

I think we need one more big Hillary mess up to actually tip the election, come November, in favor of Trump. I'd still be betting on Hillary laying 2-1 odds.
July 25th, 2016 at 11:17:12 AM permalink
ams288
I didn't say they were reliable. But saying Trump is a sinking ship upon his first time leading since he and Hillary are the presumptive nominees makes no sense. Watching DWS being booed off the stage by DEMOCRATS leads me to wonder whose ship is taking on water......

Perhaps "sinking ship" wasn't the right analogy for Trump.

Here's a better one:

If Hillary is a slowly sinking ship at the moment, then Trump is the Titanic, decomposing at the bottom of the ocean for over 100 years now....
July 25th, 2016 at 11:33:30 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I didn't say they were reliable. But saying Trump is a sinking ship upon his first time leading since he and Hillary are the presumptive nominees makes no sense.

Remember, all the inside wisdom said
last spring that Hillary would be ahead
by 30 points during the conventions.
Looks like they were off by a tad..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 25th, 2016 at 11:38:58 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
"NATE SILVER: Donald Trump Would Most Likely Win The Election If It Were Held Today"

"Silver gave the Republican nominee a 57.5% chance of winning the presidency.
Presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton had a 42.5% chance of securing the nation's highest office if voters were to take to the polls Monday."

http://www.businessinsider.com/nate-silver-donald-trump-polls-2016-7
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 25th, 2016 at 12:19:12 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: Evenbob
Remember, all the inside wisdom said
last spring that Hillary would be ahead
by 30 points during the conventions.
Looks like they were off by a tad..

Source??!?!

This is literally insane nonsense. What is "inside wisdom," anyway?

NO ONE claimed Hillary would be ahead by 30 points at any time.

Just crazy. Stop making stuff up.
July 25th, 2016 at 12:42:21 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I know the location for the party conventions is set long before there is a nominee. But does it strike anyone else that this year's cities were a really bad omen from the start? :)
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
July 25th, 2016 at 12:48:03 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: Nareed
I know the location for the party conventions is set long before there is a nominee. But does it strike anyone else that this year's cities were a really bad omen from the start? :)

Remember when the RNC was considering Las Vegas for theirs? that could have been fun....
July 25th, 2016 at 12:51:29 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Remember when the RNC was considering Las Vegas for theirs? that could have been fun....

On the other hand, if this year's Titanic of a candidate proved nothing else, it's that the religious right no longer equals the GOP base. So Vegas would have been of limited help there.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER