Trump & Putin

March 6th, 2017 at 9:28:39 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Nareed
I fail to see the point attacking a has-been.

This is the Trump Putin thread
Conservatives cant deal with a President in Putin's pocket
The whole planet jokes about it.
Standard fare on SNL.
European Magazines are all over it with cover stories

Conservatives don't get it, just too way over their head
so they try to hijack this thread talking about Clinton and Obama.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 6th, 2017 at 10:06:02 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined

No... they absolutely get it. They just try to pretend that it's "fake news."

It's as if they think that if they say "fake news" and "lamestream media" enough, it is just going to go away. But it's not going away any time soon. When Donald's Presidency is over, whether that's in 4 years or 4 months, there are going to be so many asterisks next to his name. But the biggest asterisk of all will be RUSSIA.

It's why they were so desperate to pretend that Obama wiretapped Trump Tower - they needed something to divert attention away from Donald and his minion's constant contacts with the Russians. Too bad James Comey dumped cold water on their Obama lie though!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 6th, 2017 at 10:20:09 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346

Yeah, but what's the point? Obama is no longer in office, and neither is Clinton. The odds any of them will have any appreciable power outside their party for the next two years is negligible.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 6th, 2017 at 11:25:16 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: ams288
No... they absolutely get it. They just try to pretend that it's "fake news."

It's as if they think that if they say "fake news" and "lamestream media" enough, it is just going to go away. But it's not going away any time soon. When Donald's Presidency is over, whether that's in 4 years or 4 months, there are going to be so many asterisks next to his name. But the biggest asterisk of all will be RUSSIA.

It's why they were so desperate to pretend that Obama wiretapped Trump Tower - they needed something to divert attention away from Donald and his minion's constant contacts with the Russians. Too bad James Comey dumped cold water on their Obama lie though!

The Washington Post pointed out that Donald got what he wanted - Sessions out of the news for the weekend, replaced by his Obama assertions - and was in a better mood on Sunday.

A new travel ban came out today.

So, we'll have to see how easily distracted people and lawmakers are, and if they can stick with some issues without being distracted by "look over here"
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 6th, 2017 at 11:54:20 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Dalex64
A new travel ban came out today.

I expect lawsuits to be filed tomorrow.

It seems to be better thought out (hell, it seems a bit thought out) than the previous Muslim ban, but there are ready holes in it just the same.
March 6th, 2017 at 11:59:29 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
"Intentionally or accidentally, Trump just forced the press to admit how weak the bulk of those (Russia) allegations were. The wiretapping timeline that has drawn so much attention since Saturday night was largely based on mainstream media reporting. The media is effectively now saying, “Hey, wait, we were just blowing smoke. We didn’t think anyone would take those reports seriously and build a case that Obama was wiretapping Trump. We just wanted to make Trump look bad by pumping up vague rumors that he and his campaign might have been under observation!”

Has anybody seen that the NYT had a
headline in Jan that Trump was being
wiretapped, and now that Trump has
accused Obama, the same guy who
wrote the NYT article is saying he never
had any evidence of wiretapping?

That's what this is about, getting the media
to stop printing fake news that goes
completely unchallenged. Trump says,
hey, the media is reporting all over the
place about wiretapping, I believe them,
lets have an investigation. It's a genius
move that I'm sure came from Bannon.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 6th, 2017 at 12:10:52 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I believe what he is trying to get them to reject is that Obama ordered the wiretap, not that there wasn't a wiretap.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 6th, 2017 at 12:48:45 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Evenbob

. It's a genius
move that I'm sure came from Bannon.

Every news outlet on the planet reporting how insane the President is looking under his bed for Obama
lol
Sheer genius
ROTFL
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 6th, 2017 at 1:09:45 PM permalink
Nareed
The Pervert in Chief ought to have released a budget preview in February. He ought to be finally releasing it before mid-March.

The early buzz is not good. Several GOP Senators are calling it "dead-on-arrival," for example. The central known proposal, raising defense spending and slashing all other spending (except entitlements), requires new law to be passed, as it violates the sequester agreement (Budget Control Act of 2011). Worse, that would require a 60-person vote, meaning the measure would need Democrats onboard (that would be funny if only it were funny).

Good luck with that.
March 6th, 2017 at 1:18:51 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
This is the Trump Putin thread
Conservatives cant deal with a President in Putin's pocket
The whole planet jokes about it.
Standard fare on SNL.
European Magazines are all over it with cover stories

Am I incorrect in assuming you are referencing me posting in the wrong thread? It appears that is your intent?Apologies if I have mis-interpreted. I posted following along with the flow of the thread and didn't reference the title, so.....my bad. There are to many posts referring to the same general theme, and they could easily be combined [topic wise]. Any time SL got an idea, he started a new thread. Now it nearly takes the Dewey decimal system to get a post in the "right" thread.

Whatever. If you feel the need to disparage me for misplacing a post under an improper heading, maybe you can also educate me as it seems you are convinced that "I don't get it". And also FYI, I don't appreciate being labeled a conservative or what appears, a Trump supporter. FWIW, I am registered as an Independent. You are welcome to go back a few thousand posts and quote where I have supported any politico other than Ron Paul, who I also have disagreements with. I posted before the campaign that all the candidates are vetted by the Deep State before they are allowed to run, I continue with that opinion.

I didn't spend a total of 15 minutes watching the last election in total. There isn't enough difference between the party's, to even mention. They both have their multi-billion dollar supporters and even after being elected, they follow the whims of their directors. Trump isn't talking about the right things, if he was really going to attempt what many of his supporters think he will. Unless he is going to talk about sound money and drain the swamp of bankers, he is getting a false start. I never thought he would try to fix the country as I have posted. If he was going to bring America back from extinction, he would have to get rid of the federal reserve, and stop letting dual citizens have such a strong voting block in congress. If we don't have honest money, the rest is a fallacy, mere talking points and a distraction, for what was left of the middle class.

If you would be so kind as to educate me about what you feel "I don't get", I would welcome that. Is it that I can't grasp that Americans converse with Russians? Of course they do. What is wrong with Russians? We have many agreements and treaties with them. They cooperate with us on the Space Station, they have helped a great deal in wiping out ISIS in Syria, they informed our HS about the Boston bombers repeatedly before they performed that bit of terrorism. We have never stopped buying crude oil from them. You are right, I don't get why we aren't supposed to talk with them? Help me out, would ya? Russia is not our enemy. Why do the neo libs/cons want to start ww3 by poking the eye of the bear? Splain it to me why you want the killing to get started in ernest with Russians, while they are helping us in the ME?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW