Trump & Putin

Page 4 of 29<1234567>Last »
December 15th, 2016 at 1:03:22 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Dalex64
popular vote 44.9M to 39.1M to 19.7M
by percent, that is 43.0%, to 37.4% and 18.9%.

If someone called that a landslide, I would think it was much more justified than applying that term to the most recent election.

The Democrats tried, but Bill Clinton had two very hard years off the bat. Little wonder his party lost Congress in the mid-terms (and then Congress handed him the 96 election).

Rather than argue about landslides and votes, Americans would make better use of their time figuring out how to 1) remove Trump and 2) throw him in prison, all before 3) he does irrevocable damage to the country and the world.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 15th, 2016 at 1:05:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
This election is never going to be considered as a "Landslide" It will likely be known as a "Dewey wins" type suprise if anything.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 15th, 2016 at 1:18:46 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Nareed
Rather than argue about landslides and votes, Americans would make better use of their time figuring out how to 1) remove Trump and 2) throw him in prison, all before 3) he does irrevocable damage to the country and the world.

Someone somewhere may be holding out Trump tapes still. Perhaps they despise him so much they waited until he became President to drop them like a mega bomb.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 15th, 2016 at 1:23:31 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Evenbob
Bill Clinton lost 56% of the popular vote
in 92 and got over 300 EC votes. They
called that a landslide and nobody
complained. Hillary's 232 electoral votes
is the fewest electoral votes for any
member of the Democrat Party since 1988.

It was 1992. I wasn't reading bullshit on the internet in 1992. That wasn't a landslide either. Note that Bill did get a massive popular vote majority, but as that doesn't count in the actual US election results, it doesn't matter too much for policy setting or sitting in the Oval Office.

Over 300 EC votes is not a landslide. It's a win. The massive upsurge in popularity the Trump-media wants to claim is not there. What is there is enough of the country who wanted him in. His job is now to see to try and deliver on his promises and maybe turn around a few more percentage voters around for 2020... where he has the chance to try and get that 'landslide' you so want.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
December 15th, 2016 at 1:27:33 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Quote: Nareed
The Democrats tried, but Bill Clinton had two very hard years off the bat. Little wonder his party lost Congress in the mid-terms (and then Congress handed him the 96 election).

Why? So they can remove the legitimately elected leader of their country? Why throw him in prison? What crime do you think he's gotten away with? Do you often support insurrections in countries where you don't support the politics of the leader?

I'm not saying Trump is a great leader or a wonderful guy. I think his election legitimizes a whole wing of nasty, brutish illiberal, violent shitheads. But suppression of democracy and speech never leads to much good.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
December 15th, 2016 at 1:32:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: TheCesspit

Over 300 EC votes is not a landslide.

Wiki says: A landslide victory is an electoral victory in a political system, when one candidate or party receives an overwhelming majority of the votes or seats in the elected body, thus all but utterly eliminating the opponents.

The only 'elected body' is this election is
the EC, popular vote doesn't mean squat.
306 to 232 is the very definition of a
landslide. If it had been 276-262 it would
not have been. I just heard it again not
5 min ago, Trump won in a landslide.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 15th, 2016 at 1:38:26 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Wiki says:.

You listen to Wiki and Rush
I could care less about Wiki and Rush

I figure out things for myself

Bill Clinton = landslide because he way more votes popular then anybody else running
Trump = no landslide because he did not get way more votes then anybody else
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 15th, 2016 at 1:42:11 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I just heard it again not
5 min ago, Trump won in a landslide.

EB heard it on TV. It must be true!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 15th, 2016 at 1:45:06 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
If Hillary was attempting a crime of intentionally and knowingly sending classified emails but failed, it would be. But they didn't make that finding.

But she did intentionally do it.
The President is a fink.
December 15th, 2016 at 1:45:11 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Wiki says: A landslide victory is an electoral victory in a political system, when one candidate or party receives an overwhelming majority of the votes or seats in the elected body, thus all but utterly eliminating the opponents.

In which case Obama won two landslides (one of which you voted in), as did W.Clinton twice, Bush Senior once, Reagan twice, Nixon once, and so forth. 300+ is a win. That's it. You tell yourself it's a landslide, if it helps you sleep.

It's just makes you look like a muppet.
Page 4 of 29<1234567>Last »