Trump & Putin

December 15th, 2016 at 1:57:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
But she did intentionally do it.

Then she would be convicted. No, her claim was she didn't discern the classified info amongst the non-classified. Knowingly sent classified information was never anything that was proven against her.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 15th, 2016 at 2:01:41 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Then she would be convicted. No, her claim was she didn't discern the classified info amongst the non-classified. Knowingly sent classified information was never anything that was proven against her.

No, the fact that she was not charged or convicted does not mean she did not intentionally do it. She actively set up a private and unsecured server. That is an intentional act. By your standard Al Capone did not sell bootleg booze or have anybody murdered because he "was not convicted."

To support your position you have to believe she did not send or receive one piece of classified material by email all the time she was SOS.
The President is a fink.
December 15th, 2016 at 2:03:28 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
There is no hard and fast rule for
what a landslide is, number wise.
If you win the EC with over 300,
it's a landslide. If you get 300+,
the other guy always gets less
than 240. Trump beat Hillary
57%-43% in the EC, the only
electoral body that counts.
That's a landslide. You can cry
and wail all you like about it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 15th, 2016 at 2:09:14 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: TheCesspit
Why? So they can remove the legitimately elected leader of their country?

I don't think "legitimate" means "by the rules."

Quote:
Why throw him in prison?

Maybe his complexion will get washed out by the prison uniform :)

Quote:
What crime do you think he's gotten away with?

He has scammed a lot of people and stiffed several others, and he bribed a state's attorney general to quash an investigation (that's good grounds for an investigation, BTW). How is it fair that people wind up in jail for not paying a traffic citation, but get away with theft on the scale the Orange Man has?

Quote:
Do you often support insurrections in countries where you don't support the politics of the leader?

When the unlamented Hugo Chavez faced a coup, I wondered what had taken so long. When Edrogan had his recently, I wondered the same thing and rooted for the military.

Quote:
I'm not saying Trump is a great leader or a wonderful guy. I think his election legitimizes a whole wing of nasty, brutish illiberal, violent shitheads. But suppression of democracy and speech never leads to much good.

I think giving more weight to about 70,000 voters in three states than to 2.5 million in other states does more to suppress democracy.

As for speech, who's said anything about restricting it? Have at it. Yell, if you want.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 15th, 2016 at 2:13:58 PM permalink
rxwine
No, the fact that she was not charged or convicted does not mean she did not intentionally do it. She actively set up a private and unsecured server. That is an intentional act. By your standard Al Capone did not sell bootleg booze or have anybody murdered because he "was not convicted."

To support your position you have to believe she did not send or receive one piece of classified material by email all the time she was SOS.

Actually, if you're cleared by a legal process, you are cleared. Doesn't matter if you still want to lynch her.

You want to convict Hillary on the few emails that were classified out of thousands, is like a State Trooper following someone on the highway, until that person finally makes a mistake. It's about as valid a process.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 15th, 2016 at 2:19:35 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
You want to convict Hillary on the few emails

The FBI dropped it because the real
crimes, the big crimes, involved
the Clinton Foundation. The emails
were just a cog in the crime wheel.
Al Capone was mentioned. The
easiest conviction was going after
him on taxes, not murder. The
result is the same, years in prison,
loss of his power. They can make the
case 30 different ways by just
concentrating on the foundation.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 15th, 2016 at 2:22:05 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Not only did the FBI drop it, Trump is dropping it.

He said promising to prosecute Clinton "played great" during the election. Now he doesn't care.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
December 15th, 2016 at 2:27:06 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Actually, if you're cleared by a legal process, you are cleared. Doesn't matter if you still want to lynch her.

You want to convict Hillary on the few emails that were classified out of thousands, is like a State Trooper following someone on the highway, until that person finally makes a mistake. It's about as valid a process.

No, I want her convicted for the whole server thing, period. A child can understand the problem. A low level employee will get fired for using personal email for corporate business. It is the most basic security procedure. But she is Hillary so above the law in the eyes of 47% of the USA.
The President is a fink.
December 15th, 2016 at 2:33:03 PM permalink
rxwine
No, I want her convicted for the whole server thing, period. A child can understand the problem. A low level employee will get fired for using personal email for corporate business. It is the most basic security procedure. But she is Hillary so above the law in the eyes of 47% of the USA.

Trump is a self-confessed sex offender. Probably several other things as well.
December 15th, 2016 at 2:40:10 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Trump is a self-confessed sex offender. Probably several other things as well.

That reminds me, what happened to all those women who made claims he groped them?
The President is a fink.