Trump & Putin

December 15th, 2016 at 2:47:11 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
That reminds me, what happened to all those women who made claims he groped them?

They were only paid by Soros to make
the claims before the election. I've
tried to find them, they've disappeared
off the face of the planet. What a class
action they could have against deep
pockets Trump if any of their stories
had been true.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 15th, 2016 at 3:04:55 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: rxwine
Trump is a self-confessed sex offender. Probably several other things as well.

That's not seen even as a misdemeanor in Dumbfuckistan
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 15th, 2016 at 3:33:48 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
They were only paid by Soros to make
the claims before the election. I've
tried to find them, they've disappeared
off the face of the planet. What a class
action they could have against deep
pockets Trump if any of their stories
had been true.

Shouldn't someone call the cops about them missing?
The President is a fink.
December 30th, 2016 at 2:21:48 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
So much has happened since I started this thread on July 25. I had no idea this thread would continue to be so relevant 6 months later. It's hard to believe that Trump is continuing to praise Vladimir, but he did so just a couple hours ago!

“Great move on delay (by V. Putin),” Trump tweeted Friday afternoon. “I always knew he was very smart!”

Quote: Washington Post
On Friday, Trump’s incoming chief of staff Reince Priebus rushed to clarify that Trump’s comments were not an indication that the new administration would not take hacking allegations seriously.

“We agree that foreign governments shouldn’t be hacking American institutions, period,” Priebus told Fox News. “So it’s not like we condone the hacking of institutions and entities and businesses in America, of course not.”

No, of course not. Trump takes this grave matter very very seriously.

I'm impressed by the approach that Republican Congressman Adam Kinzinger is taking to this situation. How many other Republicans will back him up and show some spine?

Even Bush's Ambassador John Bolton makes some good points. (I'm normally appalled by everything Bolton says, so that fact that I agree with even some of his thoughts on Russia just shows how out of touch Trump is with reality.)

Quote: Daily Caller
“If even a piece of what is alleged about this Russian activity is true, it is utterly unacceptable,” Bolton told “Fox & Friends.”

“It is an attack on our constitutional system. It is not enough to say, and people should be very careful about this, to say, well, it didn’t actually have an impact on the election.”
[...]
But “the fact that Russian efforts were incompetent or insufficient shouldn’t make us feel better,” Bolton argued.

“If Japan had attacked Pearl Harbor and all of its bombs and torpedoes had missed, no Americans killed, no ships sunk, would we have said no harm, no foul?” he continued. “No, it’s the effort that they made, if this is accurate, that should trouble us. Not the fact that it failed.”
December 30th, 2016 at 2:44:22 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
It seems obvious that Putin has some serious dirt on Donald that Donald doesn't want out there. Perhaps even a secretly recorded sex tape when Donald was in Russia for one of his pageants.

Donald truly is "Putin's puppet." It's amazing to watch right wingers act like this isn't a big deal, there's nothing to see here, etc.

Putin is a bad guy. This is not debatable.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 30th, 2016 at 2:55:33 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: reno

No, of course not. Trump takes this grave matter very very seriously.

I'm sure he does.

But were we told for over a year by Democrats that email security was not all that important? All of the sudden they get upset!
The President is a fink.
December 30th, 2016 at 4:04:05 PM permalink
reno
Quote: ams288
It seems obvious that Putin has some serious dirt on Donald that Donald doesn't want out there.

There could be all sorts of different possibilities that might explain Trump's actions-- it's all just guessing and conjecture. But my guess is that Trump owes money to some Russian investors. Donald doesn't seem like the kind of guy who'd be too embarrassed by a sex tape.
December 30th, 2016 at 4:08:52 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: reno
There could be all sorts of different possibilities that might explain Trump's actions-- it's all just guessing and conjecture. But my guess is that Trump owes money to some Russian investors. Donald doesn't seem like the kind of guy who'd be too embarrassed by a sex tape.

You never know... His ex wife Ivana once claimed he always had trouble maintaining an erection.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 30th, 2016 at 4:18:32 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Oh yes, Trump is taking it very seriously.

His tough, alpha-male response? We should move on to other things.

The Russians must be quaking in their boots.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 6th, 2017 at 11:42:46 AM permalink
reno
Partisan politics is, by definition, tribalistic: I will always root for the football team wearing blue, you will always root for the football team wearing red, and if either quarterback gets busted for cheating, our collective response will be entirely dependent upon what color the jersey is. In sports, this is excusable. In world affairs where U.S. national security is at stake, it isn't.

Quote: Jonah Goldberg
Donald Trump and many of his supporters are having a hard time acknowledging the following: [Julian] Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks, is an avowed enemy of the United States who has openly admitted — and acted on — his animosity toward America. A onetime TV host for Russia Today, a Vladimir Putin–directed propaganda network, he is, if not in the employ of Russia, then objectively in service to it. The government of Russia, through surrogates and proxies, meddled in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, much as it has done in numerous other countries. The Russians used WikiLeaks as a very effective tool for their mischief.

In 2010, Sarah Palin rightly described Assange as “an anti-American operative with blood on his hands.” This week, she apologized. In 2010, with a bit of hyperbole, Newt Gingrich declared: “Julian Assange is engaged in terrorism. He should be treated as an enemy combatant.” This week, Gingrich told Sean Hannity (one of Assange’s most prominent fans these days) that Assange is a “down-to-earth, straightforward interviewee.”

(Goldberg is a right-winger, so his column also acknowledged how Michael Moore & the Huffington Post switched sides as well.)

My guess is that Trump's apologists will eventually regret cozying up to Putin. Right now, though, Trump's supporters are too blinded by their adoration for their Dear Leader to realize they're being conned.