First Dude

July 28th, 2016 at 4:53:13 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
So if H. Clinton gets elected President and Bill becomes "First Dude", will he be expected to assume the responsibilities traditionally associated with the First Lady (e.g. Managing White House staff, Christmas decor, Hosting wives of visiting world leaders...)? If not, who is going to represent the country? Canada's Sophie Grégoire-Trudeau and Mexico's Angelica Rivera could come over for pajama parties.

Sophie Trudeau

Angelica Rivera
July 28th, 2016 at 5:03:16 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Ayecarumba
So if H. Clinton gets elected President and Bill becomes "First Dude", will he be expected to assume the responsibilities traditionally associated with the First Lady (e.g. Managing White House staff, Christmas decor, Hosting wives of visiting world leaders...)?

I could see Chelsea taking over those duties
Many non-wives have served as first ladies such as daughters-in-law, niece, sisters, cousin, and aunts in the history of the US Presidency.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 28th, 2016 at 6:00:24 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
From what I've read, if elected Hillary
has no intention of letting Bill near
any gov't meetings. He's too much of
a loose canon, he shoots off his mouth
without thinking. Most of the time
he's an embarrassment to her, nothing
new there.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 29th, 2016 at 4:04:40 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I keep seeing Bill letting his mouth hang open - an 'old man' thing

trying to look this up, I came across Meige's Syndrome, but I would say that, with involuntary and spasmodic elements, does not seem to fit what I am thinking about, which is more like a condition of being unaware that the mouth is open.

He's getting a 'withered neck' too, something else that doesn't readily come up on google.

I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 29th, 2016 at 4:46:20 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Ayecarumba
So if H. Clinton gets elected President and Bill becomes "First Dude", will he be expected to assume the responsibilities traditionally associated with the First Lady (e.g. Managing White House staff, Christmas decor, Hosting wives of visiting world leaders...)? If not, who is going to represent the country? Canada's Sophie Grégoire-Trudeau and Mexico's Angelica Rivera could come over for pajama parties.

Now that would be a way to destroy relations with a country!
The President is a fink.
July 31st, 2016 at 3:27:10 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
although Kaine seems to be having a problem too, check out the look he gives a dozing Bill during Hillary's big speech

I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 31st, 2016 at 5:23:21 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: odiousgambit
although Kaine seems to be having a problem too, check out the look he gives a dozing Bill during Hillary's big speech

Yawn
EB posted this already
Dead and Co were on last nite, simulcast
I fell asleep. Doesn't mean I am bored or don't like the band. Just getting old :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"