is Trump trying to lose?

Page 2 of 11<12345>Last »
August 17th, 2016 at 8:08:03 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: reno
Exhibit A: His advertising buys. NBC News is reporting that during the general election campaign Trump has spent zero dollars on television commercials. Zero. It's not like he has no money in the bank: he raised $82 million in July, and still has $74 million on hand. Green Party candidate Jill Stein has spent more money on TV ads than Trump.

To me this is the biggest red flag. Here's what the experts say:

Quote: Advertising Age Magazine
TV advertising is the single biggest undertaking of any campaign: about 75% of everything a candidate raises goes to support it, and about two-thirds of all ad dollars go to local broadcast TV.

During the 2012 general election, Obama had to spend $396 million on TV ads to win.

Trump accomplished an enormously difficult task of wiping out 16 other primary candidates, he has just 1 candidate left. She's an extremely flawed, beatable candidate. And now after 15 grueling months, he won't spend a penny on TV advertising? It's like running a tight competitive marathon and then sitting down for tea 100 yards before the finish line. If he is serious about becoming president and if he really is worth $10 billion, wouldn't it be worth it to liquidate $300 million in assets if that's all it took to become the most powerful man in the world?

AZDuffman & Evenbob, what do you guys think? Is he blowing it on purpose?
August 17th, 2016 at 9:19:00 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

AZDuffman & Evenbob, what do you guys think? Is he blowing it on purpose?

I don't think AZ or EB will be posting in this thread
During the Dem Convention, they were calling Trump's campaign strategy brilliant lol

Quote: Evenbob
OMG, the cable networks are still wall to wall
with the joke Trump made yesterday. Trump
has hijacked the convention! How does he do it.
It's brilliant.

Quote: AZDuffman
The comment on the Russians was just brilliant. Just enough bombast to rile the media, not so much as to sound crazy. .

LOL
Only EB and AZ would gush over Trump running a brilliant campaign
The reality, the worst campaign EVER. lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 17th, 2016 at 9:20:52 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
I think Trump is saving the TV adverts till a bit later... there's plans in place I think for the blitz to start soon.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
August 17th, 2016 at 10:13:06 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
She's an extremely flawed, beatable candidate.

Not as flawed or beatable as Trump. Though had the GOP nominated pretty much anyone else, Clinton would be sweating bullets and looking for employment in the private sector by now.

I've read several editorials claiming the biggest factor by far on the chances of any candidate in the general election, is how unfavorably the candidate is viewed. That is, what percentage of the voters have a negative perception of the candidate. The lower the number, the better the chances. Clinton's "negatives" are very high, but not as high as Trump's.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
August 17th, 2016 at 10:50:03 AM permalink
reno
Quote: TheCesspit
I think Trump is saving the TV adverts till a bit later... there's plans in place I think for the blitz to start soon.

It's true that advertising prices are actually lower after Labor Day, so theoretically Trump could get more bang for his buck.. The problem for Trump is that there are 37 states which provide some kind of early voting. For example, voting begins on September 23 in Minnesota & South Dakota.

Quote: New York Magazine
Indeed, Team Clinton is building on the 2008–12 Obama campaign’s highly sophisticated system for “banking” early votes in some competitive states and then shifting resources to states that are closer or that have fewer early voters. In line with its candidate’s relative indifference to field operations beyond his own ability to mobilize voters via personal appearances, Team Trump is a long way from having anything like that capacity. So as the Electoral College battleground begins to narrow going into the home stretch in early October (early voting begins in Ohio on October 12), the Trump campaign may well be bringing a knife to a gun fight as it deploys resources and candidate time promiscuously or as dictated by instinct or broad-based polling.

How could the Trump campaign not be aware of this?
August 17th, 2016 at 12:23:51 PM permalink
reno
If your goal is to win, you'd hire a campaign manager with lots of experience in electoral politics. Someone who knows all the obscure rules of the game, inside & out.

For example, Hillary Clinton's campaign manager is Robby Mook. Mook was the manager for U.S. Senator Jeanne Shaheen's (D-NH) 2008 campaign, he managed Governor Terry McAuliffe's (D-VA) 2013 campaign, and he served as the executive director of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee in 2012.

Earlier today, Trump announced that he has a brand new campaign manager, Stephen Bannon. Bannon has never managed any political campaign-- not for city councilman or mayor or representative, let alone U.S. president! He's a total newbie.

But Bannon has lots of experience in media. He'd be the perfect hire if your real goal was to start up a new TV network.
August 17th, 2016 at 12:25:37 PM permalink
DJTeddyBear
Threads: 5
Conspiracy? I doubt it. I think he took a dare or a bet.

But I do believe that he doesn't really want to be president.

His "campaign" keeps reminding me of the movie, "The Candidate."

The incumbent in some California race (Governor? Senator? Doesn't matter) is very popular, virtually unbeatable. The opposing party doesn't want to let him run unopposed, so they offer to back Robert Redford with the promise that he'll lose, so it doesn't matter what Redford says during the campaign.

Although he doesn't say stuff as crazy as what Trump's been saying, his crazy stuff is popular enough that it becomes a close race.

Look for it. It often plays on local TV on, or around, election day.
Ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power. But having only some facts can get you into trouble!
August 17th, 2016 at 12:37:16 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DJTeddyBear
Conspiracy? I doubt it. I think he took a dare or a bet.

But I do believe that he doesn't really want to be president.

His "campaign" keeps reminding me of the movie, "The Candidate."

The incumbent in some California race (Governor? Senator? Doesn't matter) is very popular, virtually unbeatable. The opposing party doesn't want to let him run unopposed, so they offer to back Robert Redford with the promise that he'll lose, so it doesn't matter what Redford says during the campaign.

Although he doesn't say stuff as crazy as what Trump's been saying, his crazy stuff is popular enough that it becomes a close race.

Look for it. It often plays on local TV on, or around, election day.

Good movie
I like the end when he wins and turns to his campaign manager and asks "What do I do now?"
He knows exactly what to do as a politician running for office, has no idea what the job of Governor entails. lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 17th, 2016 at 12:42:04 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Earlier today, Trump announced that he has a brand new campaign manager, Stephen Bannon. Bannon has never managed any political campaign-- not for city councilman or mayor or representative, let alone U.S. president! He's a total newbie.

I'm beginning to think Trump's campaign makes sense in Bizarro World. Can't you imagine an analyst there saying: "He didn't hire the worst campaign manager in the world, and thus far he might be called successful. But he's trying hard to reach beneath the bottom of the barrel."?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
August 17th, 2016 at 1:05:06 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I kind of hope if most people eventually conclude he wasn't ever really running, some movie company makes an unauthorized movie which makes a billion dollars which Trump doesn't get a cent from. Oh, and they make him look awful, which shouldn't be too hard.

EDIT -- oh and he tries to sue, but loses.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 2 of 11<12345>Last »