Challenge to FrGamble

August 29th, 2016 at 5:34:34 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: Aussie
You don't seem to be following too well here do you? We're talking about events that have occurred and their relative chance of happening. Not some rubbish about someone being resurrected. Your example of rolling a 13 which is obviously impossible and has never occurred has no relevance to the discussion. Do try and keep up please.
I guess you don't understand sarcasm. Crikey!
August 29th, 2016 at 5:42:26 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble

Also think for a moment exactly how excited the Apostles and Disciples would be if a half dead Jesus limped into the Upper Room barely able to speak. I doubt that this sight would inspire the world shaking momentum that we see in all the disciples who streamed out of the Upper Room boldly proclaiming the Resurrection of Jesus as proof that He was truly God. .

I'm picturing how excited you must get
in making up all these details that never
really happened. Can you now see how
the writers who made up most of the NT
just filled in the blanks with their fervid
imaginations? You just did it here, why would
they have been any different. Say it and
think it enough times and you believe it
really happened.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 29th, 2016 at 6:43:03 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: pew
I guess you don't understand sarcasm. Crikey!

Yeah Aussie, chill out a little man. Remember this little digression started because you misunderstood something.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 29th, 2016 at 6:45:14 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Evenbob
I'm picturing how excited you must get
in making up all these details that never
really happened.

I love how you just ignore the point and go off on some strange tangent. What am I making up? Do you think that a half-dead Jesus briefly stumbling into the Upper Room after waking up from a coma would inspire the Apostles to spread the Good News of the Resurrection with the fervor that they did?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 29th, 2016 at 7:29:19 PM permalink
Evenbob
What am I making up?

All of it? You should add more details,
like he had a raspy voice and was begging
for water.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 29th, 2016 at 7:48:02 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Do you think that a half-dead Jesus briefly stumbling into the Upper Room after waking up from a coma would inspire the Apostles to spread the Good News of the Resurrection with the fervor that they did?

Looks pretty motivating to me.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 29th, 2016 at 8:01:11 PM permalink
FrGamble
All of it? You should add more details,
like he had a raspy voice and was begging
for water.

Do you think a guy who lost so much blood and just awoke from a coma would speak clearly and not need some water? Use your brain.
August 29th, 2016 at 8:52:03 PM permalink
Evenbob
Do you think a guy who lost so much blood and just awoke from a coma would speak clearly and not need some water? Use your brain.

But he was dead as a doornail and arose as
a deity who was drawn bodily into heaven
eventually. You seem confused, he wouldn't need
anything, let alone water. Stick to the myth,
quit trying to follow in the Xtion tradition of
embellishing it.
August 30th, 2016 at 7:06:49 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Do you think a guy who lost so much blood and just awoke from a coma would speak clearly and not need some water?

How about a god under similar conditions? How about a man-god hybrid? How about a figment of your imagination?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
August 30th, 2016 at 8:41:30 AM permalink
FrGamble
But he was dead as a doornail and arose as
a deity who was drawn bodily into heaven
eventually. You seem confused, he wouldn't need
anything, let alone water. Stick to the myth,
quit trying to follow in the Xtion tradition of
embellishing it.

I'm confused are you doing a who's on first routine? Jesus Christ truly died and was gloriously Resurrected. He appears triumphant and radiant before the disciples who are locked in the Upper Room because of fear. After He appears they burst out of their room and spread the Good News to all the ends of the Earth with a fervor never before seen in history.

What you suggested, not me, was that perhaps the Roman soldiers just thought a guy who they had crucified was dead but he was really just in a coma and he awoke in a tomb and moved the stone and limped to the Upper Room and said hi to his disciples. Do you really think this is more likely than the first scenario?