Challenge to FrGamble

September 1st, 2016 at 6:28:01 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: FrGamble
No, Jesus has risen from the grave once and for all. Prayer is the way to invite the living Lord Jesus into our lives.

Then how does the resurrection play again every day?

Quote:
I don't know these fanatics, where are they and the religions they whipped up today?

They whipped up your religion.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 1st, 2016 at 11:02:22 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Nareed
Then how does the resurrection play again every day?

I don't quite understand your question. Jesus Christ was Resurrected from the dead and lives.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
September 1st, 2016 at 11:27:10 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I don't quite understand your question. Jesus Christ was Resurrected from the dead and lives.

That's your opinion, there is zero evidence
of any kind that this is true. In fact, facts
we deal with every day say it's an impossibility.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 1st, 2016 at 11:32:33 AM permalink
Nareed

You said the resurrection is renewed each day. I take that to mean Jesus somehow has to get killed and resurrect every day, at least once a day.

Fact is dead people remain dead.
September 1st, 2016 at 12:45:21 PM permalink
FrGamble
You said the resurrection is renewed each day. I take that to mean Jesus somehow has to get killed and resurrect every day, at least once a day.

My experience of the reality of the Resurrection is renewed every time I wake up in the morning and every time I pray. That doesn't mean that Jesus is Resurrected every day.

Quote:
Fact is dead people remain dead.

Is this an assumption?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
September 1st, 2016 at 12:52:11 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Is this an assumption?

It's a pretty good one to start with, as you want to use logic and all that stuff.

BUT it's not a very good way to deny the resurrection 'Jesus Died!' 'dead people stay dead'. Neither move us anywhere.

I often wonder if you are actually Rob Singer in disguise.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
September 1st, 2016 at 12:54:28 PM permalink
Nareed
My experience of the reality of the Resurrection is renewed every time I wake up in the morning and every time I pray. That doesn't mean that Jesus is Resurrected every day.

Do you say this just because you don't want to be the cause of having Jesus killed and resurrected on a daily basis?

Quote:
Is this an assumption?

Since no one ever has been seen to have resurrected from a proven death, it's a fact.
September 1st, 2016 at 12:54:42 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: TheCesspit
It's a pretty good one to start with, as you want to use logic and all that stuff.

Is it as good as material things did not create themselves?
September 1st, 2016 at 12:59:11 PM permalink
FrGamble

Since no one ever has been seen to have resurrected from a proven death, it's a fact.

It's pretty clear that some people have seen someone resurrected from a proven death.

By the way, are you sure you want to say that something is not true just because no one has ever seen it?
September 1st, 2016 at 1:16:00 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Is it as good as material things did not create themselves?

Indeed. But the prime mover of the creation of the universe is unknown, possibly ineffable. And I've told you before, does not prove the existence of your God in anyway.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life