Hillary's sick, but what's under the jackets?

Page 2 of 3<123>
September 12th, 2016 at 11:20:44 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Ayecarumba
The most disturbing part of the health issue isn't that she is ill, it's how secretive her campaign has been about it. The silence fuels the speculation.

Pneumonia killed the ninth President of the United States.

It's hard for me to blame them from keeping it a secret when we've suffered through months of right-wingers assuming every cough is a sign that her death is imminent.

They mentioned on Morning Joe this morning that some Obama campaign staffers were tweeting that just about every candidate gets walking pneumonia at some point during a Presidential campaign, you just usually don't hear about it.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 12th, 2016 at 11:26:05 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
The most disturbing part of the health issue isn't that she is ill, it's how secretive her campaign has been about it. The silence fuels the speculation.

In this case, it may very well be the campaign didn't even know. Pneumonia has symptoms very much like the common cold. Clinton might have refused to see a doctor until yesterday, taking flu placebos in the meantime. Like, you know, most people with mild cases of pneumonia.

Quote:
Pneumonia killed the ninth President of the United States.

We have drugs that can treat it now. And stuff to carry under jackets, too.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 12th, 2016 at 12:29:43 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Watch the video over and over, watch her
head. She's not having a fainting spell, it's
the same neurological spasm she's had
before. She wasn't passing out, her head
injury 4 years ago causes her to periodically
lose control of herself. Can you imagine
her staff having to deal with this on a day
to day basis?

When she had the 4min coughing fit a
week ago, why didn't Kaine just take the
mic from her for a few minutes and ad
lib. It's because they see her do this in
private all the time and they know she'll
get over it. 8 weeks from tomorrow is
the election, I bet it seems like 8 months
till the staff can get her into the WH and
hide her for the next 4 years. If she wins.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 12th, 2016 at 1:54:55 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Nareed
That's technically a sub machinegun. Definitions can get tricky.

Technically it is a submachine gun, indeed.

Specifically, it is an Uzi. Pictured is even the submachine gun variant, as opposed to the machine pistol.

Well done, Aye =)
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
September 12th, 2016 at 2:11:02 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: Face
Technically it is a submachine gun, indeed.

Specifically, it is an Uzi. Pictured is even the submachine gun variant, as opposed to the machine pistol.

Well done, Aye =)

A quick Google seems to indicate there are two pieces of hardware under the jackets: a .357 Sig Saur semi-automatic pistol, and a Heckler and Koch MP5.

I don't know where they put it though. The magazine seems like it would be easy to catch on things when drawing. On the other hand, I don't know where Reagan's guy kept his Uzi. Maybe they have one or the other?

My guess is that the hand position is to allow a quick cross draw if necessary. Any other guesses? Bullet resistant jacket opening to provide cover during a firefight? Smoke / tear gas grenade pins at the ready?
September 12th, 2016 at 2:30:36 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188

My guess is that the hand position is to allow a quick cross draw if necessary. Any other guesses? Bullet resistant jacket opening to provide cover during a firefight? Smoke / tear gas grenade pins at the ready?

Hiding a SpongeBob Squarepants' t-shirt.

Could be they each have communication button of some sort. If one of them sees something one presses it. He is geo located and it alerts the others to various conditions.

Press once for dire emergency.
twice - for suspected threat
three times for lunch break
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 12th, 2016 at 2:42:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Hillary wears the Captain Kangaroo outfits to
hide the flak jacket she wears. Trump wears
one too, but his suits hide it better.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 12th, 2016 at 3:01:31 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
A quick Google seems to indicate there are two pieces of hardware under the jackets: a .357 Sig Saur semi-automatic pistol, and a Heckler and Koch MP5.

Now wait a GD minute. You're about to make me seize up here XD

When you first said "Uzi", I tittered a bit. I almost snap corrected you and told you it was an MP5 cuz ain't no .gov minion carrying an Israeli burst gun. That'd be like Border Patrol toting AK-47's =p

But so I didn't make an ass of myself, I really looked close and, other than the slight curve of the mag, I'd put my money on Uzi all day. The sights are far too big and block-y to be an MP5, and the MP5 has an almost completely enclosed barrel. There's a good 3" of tube sticking out in front of that firearm. Can't be an MP5.

God, why do I care so much?! I dunno wtf is wrong with me, but my ammosexuality is riding on this. That's an Uzi, FINAL ANSWER! ><

Quote: Aye
I don't know where they put it though. The magazine seems like it would be easy to catch on things when drawing. On the other hand, I don't know where Reagan's guy kept his Uzi. Maybe they have one or the other?

Occam, my friend. You'll notice it with 5-0 if you keep an eye on it. Their "chill" posture generally involves either hands clasped at waist, or hooked on their hip. You know, so they're not "causing a scene" yet still in position to have a weapon in their hand immediately. This is no different. You keep your hands as close to your weapon as possible, while at the same time looking stately and proper. That's why there's only ever one hand, their impotent one, dealing with you. Pointing out violations, receiving credentials, etc and so forth. Other hand is busy until he's satisfied himself that you're not a threat.

Dunno about that draw, though. I see the guy doesn't even have a sling for that thing. Where the hell was it, in his pocket? My little 442 is pretty awkward to pocket carry, and my full sized Glock was murder. Where the hell you put a submachine gun? lol
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
September 12th, 2016 at 3:23:39 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
When you first said "Uzi", I tittered a bit. I almost snap corrected you and told you it was an MP5 cuz ain't no .gov minion carrying an Israeli burst gun. That'd be like Border Patrol toting AK-47's =p

Or like the Marines using a Harrier? :)

The Reagan incident happened in 1981, that's longer ago than I care to recall. But maybe they changed guns since then?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 12th, 2016 at 3:24:58 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I see the guy doesn't even have a sling for that thing. Where the hell was it, in his pocket?

IN the front of his pants like any normal guy.

"Is that a gun in your pocket , or are you just happy to see me?"
-Mae West

(you know about the guy who was told to put a potato in his pants? A few days later he was back complaining it didn't work, in fact, things seemed worse. "You're supposed to put it in the front!" his friend told him.

Also

Quote:
Herald: I am a herald, of course, I swear I am, and I come from Sparta about making peace.
Magistrate: But look, you are hiding a lance under your clothes, surely.
— Lysistrata, Aristophanes, 411 BC

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OrAreYouJustHappyToSeeMe
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 2 of 3<123>