1 vote (14.28%)
1 vote (14.28%)

7 members have voted

September 13th, 2016 at 4:58:31 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Its been in the news a lot
I come from Baltimore, the home of the national anthem
In Baltimore we yell real loud "O" in the middle.
In Rio, some fans yelled "O" which brought a smile to Michael Phelps in the middle of the anthem
Those from Baltimore have no problem yelling during the anthem anywhere. Its our hometown song :-)
Colin sits or takes a knee. No biggie. If I can yell during the anthem, he should be able to take a knee

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 13th, 2016 at 6:45:47 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
About the only question now is when will the wingnut wing of the GOP begin to propose a Constitutional amendment to force people to show respect during the national anthem.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 13th, 2016 at 6:53:40 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
As someone who doesn't follow sports very closely, I am struggling to think of a time when I have actually been present for the national anthem in a crowd....

Do people really stand for it when they are watching it on TV? That seems weird to me.

I support Colin. It's obviously his Constitutional right to peacefully protest.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 13th, 2016 at 8:22:57 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Colin can do what he wants. I spent years in the military protecting our rights; there is no reason to take them away.

His employer may be able to require him to stand as a policy--that is a different thing than "freedom of speech"...you can't go into your office this morning and use "freedom of speech" to call the boss names to his face and expect to keep your job.

Colin would probably be best served by trying to become once again the quarterback he once was, but maybe his time has passed. Maybe being "controversial" is a way for him to get more attention. Who knows? I don't care; he has the right to do so as long as he is not violating any work rules.
September 13th, 2016 at 8:26:38 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
I come from Baltimore, the home of the national anthem
In Baltimore we yell real loud "O" in the middle.

I have never been a fan of that. I've heard since the early 80's and the "Wild Bill" Hagy days and it never has seemed respectful to me. Again, they have the "right" to do it and I have the "right" to think it is wrong.

It is stupid when you hear it at a Capitals game. That likely doesn't happen as much now that Washington once again has a baseball team; I have not been to a Caps game in a few years.
September 14th, 2016 at 5:28:13 AM permalink
DJTeddyBear
Threads: 5
I don't know. He should stand as a sign of respect, but no requirement for him to put his hand on his heart.
Ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power. But having only some facts can get you into trouble!
September 14th, 2016 at 7:13:01 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: DJTeddyBear
I don't know. He should stand as a sign of respect, but no requirement for him to put his hand on his heart.

This is not Arlington Cemetery
This is an NFL stadium that wraps the American Flag around their business to deflect from the reality that this is a business that inflicts brain damage on their employees.
Brett Farve cant remember jack
Junior Seau killed himself
I love sports, but not sports that are so violent, players have severely damaged brains when they retire
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 21st, 2016 at 2:43:39 PM permalink
terapined
The latest on Colin
A poll was taken
He is the most hated player in football
but
His jersey is the best selling jersey in the NFL

He has received death threats. Pretty sad, threatening a protester with death
Haven't soldiers served and died for this country to insure Colin's right to protest
September 21st, 2016 at 2:54:53 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
The latest on Colin
A poll was taken
He is the most hated player in football
but
His jersey is the best selling jersey in the NFL

Haven't soldiers served and died for this country to insure Colin's right to protest

It wasn't important to him when he was a starter taking his team to the playoffs.....
If the NFL has no work rule preventing him from kneeling, then he can kneel.....
Even his mother understands what a loser he is......
Death threats cross the line; arrest and prosecute those who made the threats.....
September 21st, 2016 at 3:35:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Not since 1814.
The President is a fink.