Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X

Page 1 of 3123>
September 21st, 2016 at 6:05:56 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
New season started tonight.

I've watched every season of Survivor except one.

I've gotta say: this was one of the best premiere episodes by far. Usually it takes me a few weeks to really get invested in the new season. I was hooked right from the beginning. Lots of interesting characters and a couple entertaining nutcases.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 21st, 2016 at 7:27:19 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
and hot girls? It's not starting here for another half hour. Hope there's hot girls.
September 21st, 2016 at 10:51:49 PM permalink
Aussie
Starts Thurs 29th over here. Usually it's on a few hours after it airs on your TVs so I was expecting it to be on in the next few hours but it appears they've delayed it for a week this time. I suspect it may have something to do with the Australian version which is currently running on a rival network. They may not want to indirectly promote the other network. Hopefully we get a double episode somewhere along the way so we catch up.
September 23rd, 2016 at 5:58:20 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Just watched the first episode. The eye candy factor is not high this season. It doesn't help that one of the most attractive women was voted off in the first episode. Sorry if that is a spoiler, but I think it is fair game to talk about the show as it airs in the US.

It would have been interesting to see scenes from wherever they went on the evacuation. Just the evacuation itself looked rather dramatic. I would have liked to see more time devoted to it.

Tribal counsel left me feeling a little blindsided. Usually they try to strike a balance between keeping the audience informed with what is going on and yet being in suspense at Tribal. Here I was expecting everybody to vote for that paranoid guy but that was evidently not the chatter in camp at all.

I had to brush up on my generation names. Here is a cheat sheet. I hope somebody from Gen X wins.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
September 23rd, 2016 at 7:47:24 PM permalink
zippyboy
Quote: Wizard
The eye candy factor is not high this season. It doesn't help that one of the most attractive women was voted off in the first episode.

YES! What were those players thinking? We have to go the season without her now? Thanks so much you guys.
October 27th, 2016 at 6:49:19 AM permalink
zippyboy
Quote: Wizard
The eye candy factor is not high this season. It doesn't help that one of the most attractive women was voted off in the first episode.

argggg! Another hot girl got voted off again last night! Damn it!
November 3rd, 2016 at 7:05:43 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Good episode last night.

Michaela(sp?) was a challenge beast. She would have been a huge target post-merge (which is next week already?!?)
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 3rd, 2016 at 8:13:27 PM permalink
zippyboy
Quote: ams288
Good episode last night.

Michaela(sp?) was a challenge beast. She would have been a huge target post-merge (which is next week already?!?)

Yeah, and not to be rascist or anything, but,
she handled being voted off like a stereotypical angry black bitch, yelling threats at the whites, pointing fingers, etc. She had already stated many things like that throughout the show on her little 'camera moments'. Good riddance. I won't miss her.
November 4th, 2016 at 6:42:38 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Good blindside. I like Michaela and am sorry to see her go. Agreed the rant at the end made her look like a sore loser. It was looking too far ahead to start voting off the strong players, in my opinion.

Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
November 6th, 2016 at 4:58:32 PM permalink
Aussie
We are back to airing a few hours after you now after the was a double episode here a few weeks ago. Haven't watched the latest episode yet though as I've been away.
Also thought she was a good player but she alienated a few so probably wasn't a winning chance anyway.
Page 1 of 3123>