Poll
4 votes (57.14%)
3 votes (42.85%)

7 members have voted

September 28th, 2016 at 5:48:18 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Would this be a fair question to ask of Hillary?----

Mrs. Clinton--- you have been married for decades to a serial cheater--- given that fact, do you feel that you can be a role model for young women?
September 28th, 2016 at 5:56:40 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
A woman asked her if she thought rape victims should be believed. She said yes, until proved otherwise.

That one was suppose to be a gotcha.

So, I think she is prepared for anything.

Anyway I think staying with your spouse could be an individual choice. You weigh the pros and cons of anything. It's rarely all good or bad.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 28th, 2016 at 6:06:38 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: SOOPOO

Mrs. Clinton--- you have been married for decades to a serial cheater--- given that fact, do you feel that you can be a role model for young women?

If the roles were reversed, and it was Hillary who was a serial cheater, while presidential candidate Bill stayed married, would the question be fair? If so, then ask away...
September 28th, 2016 at 6:27:01 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

Your question doesn't have a yes or no answer. Many cultures in the world have tolerated mistresses for the men with the tacit approval of the wives. Is the husband a good provider, non abusive, a good father? These and other questions are probably important for the proper answer to your question. It should be an individual non coercive answer for any young women not a societal answer.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 28th, 2016 at 6:56:38 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23

Depends if she rejects the statement on Bill being a serial cheater before the second part. I think it's a fair question, but it's one that can be turned around. Course old Trumper there has played away from home in the past too...
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
September 28th, 2016 at 11:16:53 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: kenarman
Your question doesn't have a yes or no answer. Many cultures in the world have tolerated mistresses for the men with the tacit approval of the wives. Is the husband a good provider, non abusive, a good father?

And not a rapist, like Bill.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 29th, 2016 at 2:51:11 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine

Anyway I think staying with your spouse could be an individual choice. You weigh the pros and cons of anything. It's rarely all good or bad.

Nobody says it is not an individual choice. What is being said is what does it say about someone who allows and even enables the spouse to behave like this. Though I do have to say you should be careful dealing with people in such an arrangement that Hillary chose to live in. Ask yourself honestly why on earth a woman would live in such humiliation.

Some do because they get to their late 20s and have never developed any marketable skill and attaching to a man is pure survival. With a law degree that should not have been the case. It seems more that she wanted the life and social circle of being married to Bill. Then ask yourself what else is she willing to sell out on for status?
The President is a fink.
September 29th, 2016 at 2:54:39 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

I have always felt that Bill Clinton should have answered the question "Did you sleep with Monica Lewinsky" as "That is a personal question". I do not think that is a fair question to ask Hillary.
September 29th, 2016 at 5:05:59 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Quote: AZDuffman
Nobody says it is not an individual choice. What is being said is what does it say about someone who allows and even enables the spouse to behave like this. Though I do have to say you should be careful dealing with people in such an arrangement that Hillary chose to live in. Ask yourself honestly why on earth a woman would live in such humiliation.

Some do because they get to their late 20s and have never developed any marketable skill and attaching to a man is pure survival. With a law degree that should not have been the case. It seems more that she wanted the life and social circle of being married to Bill. Then ask yourself what else is she willing to sell out on for status?

You know from 1978 until Bill was president, Hillary was earning more than Bill. To represent her as just a shadow behind her husband is wrong. If she wanted the power, back in the mid 70s she was seen as someone with a bright future in Washington, but choose to move to Arkansas to be with Bill. At the time, not the great career move.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
September 29th, 2016 at 5:07:53 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Quote: Pacomartin
I have always felt that Bill Clinton should have answered the question "Did you sleep with Monica Lewinsky" as "That is a personal question". I do not think that is a fair question to ask Hillary.

Yes, it is. But it was relevant at the time, based on the power relationship in the White House. And the claims by others of assault.
Page 1 of 41234>