Poll
4 votes (57.14%)
3 votes (42.85%)

7 members have voted

September 29th, 2016 at 7:02:47 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: TheCesspit
You know from 1978 until Bill was president, Hillary was earning more than Bill. To represent her as just a shadow behind her husband is wrong. If she wanted the power, back in the mid 70s she was seen as someone with a bright future in Washington, but choose to move to Arkansas to be with Bill. At the time, not the great career move.

That is because the governorship paid very low. Car salesmen could make more than him. But he was governor and she was an average attorney. She rose not on her personality and achievement but rather on his. Without him she would have remained an associate and would probably still be one to this day. I base this on her lack of success in anything the last 25 years.
The President is a fink.
September 29th, 2016 at 7:27:50 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
That is because the governorship paid very low. Car salesmen could make more than him. But he was governor and she was an average attorney. She rose not on her personality and achievement but rather on his. Without him she would have remained an associate and would probably still be one to this day. I base this on her lack of success in anything the last 25 years.

Well, you obviously have a very high bar. Or don't know what your talking about. One of the two.

Because I am pretty sure she's not the Democrat candidate because she's 'just' Mrs Bill Clinton, same with being the secretary of state and all the other things she has done. She's achieved plenty, and is pretty well respected among many democrats. And some republicans too. She was actually voted as one of the most trustworthy politicians among her peers.

By all, means, question her ethics on staying with a groping husband, but demeaning her with this mild slur of 'sleeping' her way into a position of power is a little story you prefer than a Hillary being powerful and competent in her own right.

---

I don't personally thing she's particularly suited to be president, but Trump would be an even worse choice. Hillary may be the establishment, but I don't think you want to replace the machine with what Trump offers. Shame the right couldn't have put up a better candidate really, and I don't mean a more centrist Republican (cos if we scrape away the veneer, that's mostly what Trump is, it seems).
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
September 29th, 2016 at 7:52:22 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I don't personally thing she's particularly suited to be president,

Clinton's eminently qualified. She has spent a lifetime involved in politics at various levels, she has held an elected office, and she served as secretary of state. She is in fact plainly more qualified than five of the last six democratic presidential nominees.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 29th, 2016 at 8:20:17 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Nareed
Clinton's eminently qualified. She has spent a lifetime involved in politics at various levels, she has held an elected office, and she served as secretary of state. She is in fact plainly more qualified than five of the last six democratic presidential nominees.

Either that or she is the 'Peter Principle' personified.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 29th, 2016 at 8:36:53 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: kenarman

True for 95% of candidates... You never truly know if they have reason beyond there level of competence.

Lack of experience was levelled at Obama... And now it's a case of too experienced? :)
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
September 29th, 2016 at 1:40:08 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Nobody says it is not an individual choice. What is being said is what does it say about someone who allows and even enables the spouse to behave like this. Though I do have to say you should be careful dealing with people in such an arrangement that Hillary chose to live in. Ask yourself honestly why on earth a woman would live in such humiliation.

When she holds up her marriage as an example of something to admire her for, like Trump holds up his business acumen, then I'll criticize her.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 29th, 2016 at 1:52:48 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
If Trump wasn't a billionaire, but lived in a trailer park, model Melania (24 years younger) would be no where to be found.

What does that say about his marriage?

"Trailer park" Trump. Has a nice ring to it. Like a mob nickname.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 29th, 2016 at 1:59:16 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: kenarman

How many bankruptcies do you figure Trump requires to reach his level of incompetence?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 29th, 2016 at 2:33:08 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Because I am pretty sure she's not the Democrat candidate because she's 'just' Mrs Bill Clinton, same with being the secretary of state and all the other things she has done. She's achieved plenty, and is pretty well respected among many democrats. And some republicans too.

Really? So the Democrats in NY cleared the primary field for her for a Senate seat despite no connection to the state and never having held elective office just because she was a partner at a small law firm 1500 miles away? You expect me to believe that? And they gave her the SoS appointment based on one year as a junior senator? And they then cleared the POTUS field for her this year why?

She has been handed everything she ever got based on her husband. She has been in public life 25 years and all to show for it is an email scandal where she was given a pass based again on her husband.

Quote:
She was actually voted as one of the most trustworthy politicians among her peers.

Kind of like being voted most trustworthy guy in the mafia.
The President is a fink.
September 29th, 2016 at 3:01:11 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
... She has been in public life 25 years and all to show for it is an email scandal ...
No.... There's some dead Americans in Benghazi too.
Page 2 of 4<1234>