Parents told off for living at the beach with children

Page 1 of 212>
October 30th, 2016 at 11:15:55 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Copy of note

Parents of a 2 and 4 year old have been living at the beach for in San Diego 9 years. Presumably they are not poor, but they "like the beach". Someone told them off in an anonymous letter calling them selfish .

I think growing up on the beach would be fantastic. It sure beats a swingset.
October 30th, 2016 at 11:42:02 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I thought having a beach house was
the American dream for raising a
family. I don't get it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 30th, 2016 at 12:35:10 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Probably from someone who wants to rent that apartment or else get new tenants and raise the rent.

San Diego does have very aggressive parking regs so that RVs can't obtain benefits without paying taxes on a real home. Parking limits are enforced and camper tops must be down.
October 30th, 2016 at 12:39:38 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Pacomartin

I think growing up on the beach would be fantastic. It sure beats a swingset.

If you like the beach why not. I wouldn't have liked it as a kid, but then again I didn't like much about being a kid in the first place.
The President is a fink.
October 30th, 2016 at 12:52:29 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
If you like the beach why not. I wouldn't have liked it as a kid, but then again I didn't like much about being a kid in the first place.

I have never liked the beach as an
adult. It's hot sandy and boring. I
saw the ocean every day for 5
years in Santa Barbara, went there
with my GF a lot so she could lay
in the sun. Hated it. Much rather
live on the side of a mountain with
a view.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 30th, 2016 at 1:40:32 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
I have never liked the beach as an
adult. It's hot sandy and boring. I
saw the ocean every day for 5
years in Santa Barbara, went there
with my GF a lot so she could lay
in the sun. Hated it. Much rather
live on the side of a mountain with
a view.

We had an extended family vacation in Myrtle Beach 15 years ago. Beach right there. My mother asked why I wasn't outside "enjoying myself." My reply was that I was reading a book I enjoyed, CNBC on the TV, cold beer in the fridge, and the ocean right outside. It would not be possible to enjoy myself more than I was. I walked the beach in the evening to relax and maybe took a dip in the afternoon.

But to lay there and hang out all day? Fugheddabaddit!
The President is a fink.
October 30th, 2016 at 2:42:53 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: AZDuffman
But to lay there and hang out all day? Fugheddabaddit!
Its different for females. Males run around and swim, females get some sun and enjoy getting looked at. They also enjoy the sex hormones that they manufacture while in the sunshine. It may be subtle, like chocolate but its effective.
October 30th, 2016 at 3:56:52 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Yeah, just laying in the sun on the beach is not for me. Tried it.

It's probable if you're drinking too much beer and pass out. Swim, volleyball, surf, sail, or wind sailing is good. Shoot, I'd as soon as hunt shells than lay out.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 30th, 2016 at 3:59:07 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
You shouldn't raise your kids in a garbage dump, but a junkyard is probably okay. Otherwise, I have little or no opinion on this.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 30th, 2016 at 4:02:09 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
You shouldn't raise your kids in a garbage dump, but a junkyard is probably okay. Otherwise, I have little or no opinion on this.

A car junkyard would be great for kids to grow up in. They would learn major skills, auto and business alike. Looking back I wish I could have had that as a high school job.
The President is a fink.
Page 1 of 212>