1 vote (14.28%)
1 vote (14.28%)
2 votes (28.57%)

7 members have voted

November 1st, 2016 at 9:01:59 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Wizard
I can concur that men's bathrooms were generally much messier and filthier than women's.

Few women say things like "Bet I can hit it from all the way over here!"

Quote:
I also noticed women's restrooms were usually much nicer, even in the same office building.

See above. You don't put nice things where they'll get messed up and soiled.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 1st, 2016 at 10:28:35 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Nareed
Few women say things like "Bet I can hit it from all the way over here!"

You don't hang out with archers and SCA-ers.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
November 1st, 2016 at 12:57:27 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Here is what Dr. Oz (no relation) says on the topic,

Quote: Dr. Oz
When you use a public restroom, do you tend to skip the first stall and choose one farther away from the entrance? If you do, you are not alone. Experts theorize that people tend to skip the first stall in favor of stalls farther back to have a little more privacy. But because the first stall is used least often, it contains the lowest bacteria levels. Instead of skipping the first stall, choose it to help avoid possible infections.

Source: sharecare.com
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
November 1st, 2016 at 1:00:00 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Does this mean we should think twice about calling you "The Wiz"??
November 1st, 2016 at 3:04:11 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Wizard
Here is what Dr. Oz (no relation) says on the topic,

Source: sharecare.com

Follow up: Does anyone care?

My biology background completely vaccinated me from germphobia. Just the stuff on your body RIGHT NOW would drive many people to the asylum. You have entire colonies of arthropods on your face as I speak, eating you and pooping right on your forehead. Most of the nastiest comes from things which are presumed totally innocuous; a keyboard, a phone, your pillow. You could dip your toothbrush in the toilet right now (biologist fun - it already has been) and it'd still be cleaner than that little pocket between your cheek and gum. Yes, cleaner than IN YOUR MOUTH.

So, to quote Nareed, "Stop trying to kill me". Anti bacterial is anti logic.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
November 2nd, 2016 at 2:00:40 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Face
Anti bacterial is anti logic.

Absolutely. Shame on Dr. Oz for spreading that BS.

Ever notice how the companies like Lysol take advantage of fear of microbes? They especially target women generally and mothers particularly with totally bogus claims.

Although anybody could dream up a scenario where you could get a disease from a toilet seat, the fact of the matter is that such is of low concern to the various health departments [not saying a dirty bathroom would be zero concern]. For whatever reason, toilet seats just aren't how disease is spread, perhaps with the rarest of exception. The wet paper towels in an overflowing waste can are probably 1000 times more concern.

One thing I applaud is the modern idea of not having main doors to the bathrooms. It is so idiotic to have a situation where you can wash and dry your hands but then have to use that same door knob everybody else uses to get out of the room!
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 2nd, 2016 at 5:40:10 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Follow up: Does anyone care?

No, as long as there's toilet paper and it's not gross-out dirty.

But I thought it was impolite to bring that up in the site owner's poll :)

Quote:
So, to quote Nareed, "Stop trying to kill me". Anti bacterial is anti logic.

I meant that by the widespread misuse of antibiotics. Avoiding contact with bacteria is rational. That said, modern society has some strange hygiene fetishes. Consider the question about using your cell phone while sitting on the toilet. Will it get some bugs floating around? very likely. But keep in mind you also take yourself, your clothes, and your purse in there, and all that will get whatever is floating around.

Finally, most bacteria are spread by hand, literally. Surfaces and things people touch or grab are rife with microscopic life and viruses. The best course of action is: don't worry about which stall to use, but make damn sure to wash your hands afterwards.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 2nd, 2016 at 6:07:50 AM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
You could dip your toothbrush in the toilet right now (biologist fun - it already has been) and it'd still be cleaner than that little pocket between your cheek and gum. Yes, cleaner than IN YOUR MOUTH.

I've read that you're better off eating a carrot that's fallen into the toilet, than had it fallen into the average kitchen sink.
November 2nd, 2016 at 6:39:57 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: zippyboy
I've read that you're better off eating a carrot that's fallen into the toilet, than had it fallen into the average kitchen sink.

Let us know how that one works out......,,
The President is a fink.
November 2nd, 2016 at 1:31:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: zippyboy
I've read that you're better off eating a carrot that's fallen into the toilet, .

Next time you're doped out of your
mind (20 min from now) why don't
you give that a try when the munchies
hit.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 3 of 4<1234>