Congress voting on their own pay raises.

Page 2 of 2<12
November 1st, 2016 at 2:54:31 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Getting a constitutional amendment passed is daunting. So is eating an elephant. But you can do it one bite at a time.

That is why modern amendments usually have a 7 year expiration date.
The President is a fink.
November 1st, 2016 at 3:13:17 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Face
"Pay raise" lol.

Campaign slush funds, kickbacks, all-expenses paid fact-finding junkets (I mean "missions"), sinecures for family through lobbyists, etc.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 1st, 2016 at 4:10:51 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
$400k per year. Mmhmm. Surprised you of all people would forget...

LIFETIME health coverage for them, spouses and minor children. Granted, work must be done at military hospitals, but I know of at least one chap who'd mechanically remove a testicle for such a benefit.

LIFETIME pension, currently within sighting distance of a quarter mil a year.

LIFETIME allowances for things such as office space and staff, capped nearabouts $100,000 a year.

LIFETIME protection from Secret Service.

And when LIFETIME runs out, paid funeral with military honors.

For a President, I don't have a problem with this.
Last thing I want from a President is leveraging their power to make sure they don't end up in poverty after the term is over
They can retire gracefully as it should be.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 1st, 2016 at 4:18:27 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: terapined
For a President, I don't have a problem with this.
Last thing I want from a President is leveraging their power to make sure they don't end up in poverty after the term is over
They can retire gracefully as it should be.

What if instead of the generous benefits, they were given a chance to steal as many WH utensils as they wanted? then, if they wind up poor (ha!), they can auction them off on eBay.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 2nd, 2016 at 2:18:56 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

"Pay raise" lol. What "approval rating" do you need to keep your job, doc? If you gas 2 out of every 100, that's a 98% success rate. Would your boss be cool with that? I'm just a grunt and even my rate needs to be within reach of 100%. These mf'ers have an approval rate of, like, 17%!

"Pay raise" lol.

Each and every one of them at the last election got a positive approval rating from their constituents. Meaning they were either elected or reelected to their job.
Page 2 of 2<12