Waterproof Cellphone Case?

November 8th, 2016 at 2:55:32 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
I saw "waterproof" cellphone cases listed on Amazon. Will these products allow me to actually make a call underwater with my iphone 6? I would think the case has to have holes to allow the speaker and microphone to work, so how do they keep the water from ruining them?

I previously had a cellphone that was designed to be waterproof. The components were purposely chosen to endure that kind of use. I suspect the parts Apple uses are purposely designed to fail if the humidity gets over 75%.
November 8th, 2016 at 3:43:02 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Ayecarumba
I saw "waterproof" cellphone cases listed on Amazon.

I'm sure water won't harm the case one bit :)

Quote:
Will these products allow me to actually make a call underwater with my iphone 6? I would think the case has to have holes to allow the speaker and microphone to work, so how do they keep the water from ruining them?

I don't think the idea is to take your phone under water. How well can you speak then anyway?? I don't suppose it's even meant to take the phone into the shower with you. Just that you can keep it near you at such times, and if water spills on it, or it falls in the pool, it will be ok.

I had a Minolta Weathermatic camera that could be taken underwater and it shot photos. It was pretty good, except for the lousy instamatic-110 film it actually used.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER