GO TRUMPER! GO TRUMPER! GO TRUMPER!

June 21st, 2017 at 5:15:22 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
You've got to be kidding me. That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen posted here. The Democrats put out a massive bill and voted on it before it was even completely written...the Senate is now writing a bill that may come out minutes before a vote is taken.

Actual, hell, you are right so far...the Senate Republican bill may actually be available to read before the vote.

You say the ACA wasn't available to read before they voted on it?!??! You are completely down the right-wing fake news rabbit hole.

Perhaps you are too far entrenched in your "both sided-ness" to realize that this is complete nonsense.

http://www.snopes.com/aca-versus-ahca/

The fact that you can even attempt to suggest with a straight face that the Senate GOP process may be slightly better shows truly just how far-right you are, as much as you want to be seen as some sort of moderate.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 21st, 2017 at 5:25:56 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
You say the ACA wasn't available to read before they voted on it?!??! You are completely down the right-wing fake news rabbit hole.

Perhaps you are too far entrenched in your "both sided-ness" to realize that this is complete nonsense.

http://www.snopes.com/aca-versus-ahca/

Snopes? Please...that is like me quoting The Blaze. Their reputation on fact checking is not all that great.

Nancy Pelosi even talked about passing the bill to see what was in it...because the House and Senate bills were not the same. There were also thousands of pages that had to be reconciled with only 72 hours promised to review them. Give close to 3,000 pages to a set of lawyers/legislative experts and ask how long it takes to really read and understand them.

They did debate a lot of things earlier, but the final bill was passed without allowing a lot of time to review it.

It was a turd when it was passed, it is a turd now, and it will always be a turd. I am only hoping the next bill is not as big of a turd.

The last laugh may be to the lefties; ACA may have met the goal some had for it of destroying enough of the way things were to cause single-payer to be the option that surfaces moving forward.
June 21st, 2017 at 5:27:56 AM permalink
ams288
Snopes? Please...that is like me quoting The Blaze. Their reputation on fact checking is not all that great.

Another sign you're a hardcore right-winger: attacking Snopes.

Has EB hacked your account? lol
June 21st, 2017 at 5:37:56 AM permalink
RonC
Another sign you're a hardcore right-winger: attacking Snopes.

Has EB hacked your account? lol

Snopes has some problems in how it does things. I don't believe any of them automatically.
June 21st, 2017 at 5:41:39 AM permalink
ams288
Here's another article pointing out how much worse the GOP's ACHA process has been:

https://www.vox.com/health-care/2017/6/15/15807986/obamacare-lies-obstruction
June 21st, 2017 at 7:54:22 AM permalink
RonC
Here's another article pointing out how much worse the GOP's ACHA process has been:

https://www.vox.com/health-care/2017/6/15/15807986/obamacare-lies-obstruction

You don't listen well at all. You never have. You talk a lot, spout off the current leftist positions, and plug your ears when anyone responds...

I haven't claimed to like either process--the way the ACA was done or the way current process is being done--and you are running around trying to find stuff from lefties saying how they did better than the righties are doing.

Doing a crappy job a little better than the other guy isn't a very lofty aspiration. If that is what you want to cling to, go ahead. Give all of them a trophy for being equally shitty!!

It is okay to want better from all of our politicians. Not so much in your world, I guess...
June 21st, 2017 at 8:00:51 AM permalink
ams288
You don't listen well at all. You never have. You talk a lot, spout off the current leftist positions, and plug your ears when anyone responds...

I haven't claimed to like either process--the way the ACA was done or the way current process is being done--and you are running around trying to find stuff from lefties saying how they did better than the righties are doing.

They DID DO BETTER THAN THE RIGHTIES ARE DOING.

There is no comparison.

That is the point.

You always stand behind your "they're both bad" position but always fail to criticize the GOP when what they do is much much worse.

If the process of getting the ACA passed was like a mild flu, the process the GOP is using for TrumpCare is full blown AIDs.
June 21st, 2017 at 8:12:10 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
IS the GOP ever going to deliver on its promise made in 1994 to enact term limits for Congress?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 21st, 2017 at 8:37:15 AM permalink
YeahBaby
Threads: 5
Dems Have No Idea How to Win in the Age of Trump

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
poor lil man!!!!!!
June 21st, 2017 at 10:45:55 AM permalink
RonC
They DID DO BETTER THAN THE RIGHTIES ARE DOING.

There is no comparison.

That is the point.

You always stand behind your "they're both bad" position but always fail to criticize the GOP when what they do is much much worse.

If the process of getting the ACA passed was like a mild flu, the process the GOP is using for TrumpCare is full blown AIDs.

You get the prize. Your side did a bad job with the ACA and your retort is your standard "but they are worse."

That is a very inspirational goal...to be the best loser there is...you can distort all you want, but I am as unhappy with the process going on now (but it is not over and there is room for recovery) as I was with the process in passing the ACA. On top of the bad process, the ACA turned out to be awful legislation. If it was truly good legislation that solved the problems it was sold as solving, there would be no need for OrangeHairCare!