February 28th, 2019 at 9:55:59 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
WTF
The whole country is a prison
No freedom and starving
I'd rather be in a US cell then live outside a cell in that country
You'll have to get used to the body cavity searches.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 28th, 2019 at 10:22:51 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: petroglyph
You'll have to get used to the body cavity searches.

You mean like in most prisons in the world.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 28th, 2019 at 10:50:38 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
WTF happened in Viet Nam for Trump to give Kim a pass on Warmbier

If Congresswoman Ilhan Omar (D-Minnesota) or Michael Moore or Bernie Sanders had said word for word what Trump just said about Otto Warmbier, there would be wall-to-wall coverage on Fox News all day long.
February 28th, 2019 at 11:10:33 AM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: kenarman
You mean like in most prisons in the world.
I think in most prisons, convicts can just buy contraband from the guards so there is no reason for an anal cavity search?
Not an expert here, just pointing out to Terapined that when he said he would prefer our prisons, to being outside in NK, there would be some extra curricular activity.

I don't think this gets a lot of mileage on the msn, but China holds over a million of just Uighurs in labor camps. https://www.vox.com/2018/8/15/17684226/uighur-china-camps-united-nations
February 28th, 2019 at 11:13:57 AM permalink
petroglyph
I think if I were younger, if I had to choose between living in NK or being a prisoner in Guantanamo subject to daily waterboarding, I would prefer the NK route, especially with my skill set? I'd be knee deep in poontang.
February 28th, 2019 at 3:43:10 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
Just a little reality check for everyone on N. Korea. I am not trying to defend N. Korea and it is a very scary but country but they have a smaller percentage of their population in prison than the US. According to Wiki the percentage of people in prison in the US is .91%. According to Wiki the number of people in prison in N. Korea is 150-200K and it has a population of 25M for which gives us .8% of the population in prison.

If you ask the sheep on the street in the US they will say that millions of people are in the work camps in N. Korea.

Based on the 3 generation rule, I think the numbers reflect the real fear of anyone going to prison in N. Korea whether they are actually there or not. Imagine worrying about one of your relatives screwing up.

Quote:
If one person is found guilty of a crime and sent to a prison camp, so too will their entire family, and the subsequent two generations born at the camp must remain there for life.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 28th, 2019 at 4:11:22 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
I think in most prisons, convicts can just buy contraband from the guards so there is no reason for an anal cavity search?
Not an expert here, just pointing out to Terapined that when he said he would prefer our prisons, to being outside in NK, there would be some extra curricular activity.

I was looking at it from a food and health perspective
They are practically starving and suffering. The NK soldier that rushed the border, survived after being shot up. The DR's were shocked at the many parasites he was infected with. You gotta think the soldiers at the border gotta have better conditions then the populace. Giving a NK person an option of staying where they are or prison in the US with 3 squares a day to eat and health care. I think they would choose US prison.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/04/health/north-korea-defector-doctor-intl/index.html
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 28th, 2019 at 4:55:28 PM permalink
petroglyph
I was looking at it from a food and health perspective
They are practically starving and suffering. The NK soldier that rushed the border, survived after being shot up. The DR's were shocked at the many parasites he was infected with. You gotta think the soldiers at the border gotta have better conditions then the populace. Giving a NK person an option of staying where they are or prison in the US with 3 squares a day to eat and health care. I think they would choose US prison.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/04/health/north-korea-defector-doctor-intl/index.html
That's quite a story. To bad the guards don't just throw down their weapons and join him. It seems NK is an outdoor prison. Amazing how so many have Stockholm syndrome throughout history.

At least Iraqi's were attempting to kill the Hussein's once in a while.
February 28th, 2019 at 5:09:29 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: YeahBaby
OH MY GOD!!! Trumper is at 52% now!!!!!!!!!!!! he might even win every state in 2020!!!!

1789, 1792, 1820 the winner won every state
1936 winner lost two states
1984 winner lost one state

Trump won these big three states by 1.23% or less. No reason to think these won't be battleground states in 2020.
20 Pennsylvania 47.46%–48.18%
16 Michigan 47.27%–47.50%
10 Wisconsin 46.45%–47.22%
March 7th, 2019 at 7:52:00 PM permalink
YeahBaby
Threads: 5
Trump uses kung fu on Cortez, Bernie, Schumer, and Pelosi..............

and he makes Cortez brain fart LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!