3 votes (33.33%)
5 votes (55.55%)

9 members have voted

November 11th, 2016 at 1:15:28 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: Evenbob
Here's a fact. Huma was seen on the street
today bawling like a baby that they lost.
It's almost as good for me as when they
made your heroine give back or pay
for all the stuff she stole from the White
House when her and Bill left. They still
owe $80K to the gov't, good luck getting it.
Shadenfreude for everyone..

That you take joy in someone else's pain speaks volumes about you.
November 11th, 2016 at 2:14:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: stinkingliberal
That you take joy in someone else's pain speaks volumes about you.

Just some people. Hillary is the most evil
corrupt person to ever run for president.
Wait till the Clinton Foundation investigation
is done under the Trump DOJ. Shadenfreude
will be flowing in the streets that day..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 11th, 2016 at 2:14:47 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

And yes, I will reiterate, because it's the simple truth, that anyone who supports a horrible bigoted, racist, misogynist man such as Trump lacks common decency. I'm not claiming any kind of moral high ground any more than someone who says they oppose rape or murder would be. As a society, we've accepted "all men are created equal" as a basic truth. That I support and believe in that truth doesn't mean I'm claiming the moral high ground. I know that Trumpers have repudiated that truth. That's a simple fact. They do NOT believe in the "values of our Founding Fathers," as that horse's ass Ryan put it. They believe in hate--a strong enough force to put them into power.

You've been played.

OK, board, I didn't want to suggest this on so few posts. But is this the suspended joeshalbotnik form WoV?
The President is a fink.
November 11th, 2016 at 2:16:09 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
OK, board, I didn't want to suggest this on so few posts. But is this the suspended joeshalbotnik form WoV?

He's somebody we know for sure. Nobody
discovers this place by accident, it's not
big enough.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 11th, 2016 at 8:08:42 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3

Sure seems like it to me.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 13th, 2016 at 6:17:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Democrat version of Tea Party brewing.

I didn't notice that was a pun until I wrote it.

A total break-off of the liberal wing probably will not happen. I'd set odds at 20:1 and if it did it would last all of one POTUS election. We may see the end of the Superdelegate system which helped freeze out competition to Hillary. We will see the Democrats move left because while they loved Bill Clinton there is a wing that never liked the "New Democrat" thing. They may now see a generational chance to move the party even further left than Obama took it.

Get the popcorn!
The President is a fink.
November 13th, 2016 at 11:04:52 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
In the six critical states that switched Obama beat Romney by 1.3 million and Trump beat Clinton by 0.84 million. It's not a sea change in public sentiment, those are pretty small percentages. They could easily be chalked up to the relative charisma of Obama versus Clinton.

The Democratic party could have a surge in just two years. Unfortunately for the Democrats, they are expected to have 23 Senate seats up for election, additionally 2 independents who caucus with the Democrats are facing the end of their current term. Republicans are expected to have 8 seats up for election. Statistically, the Republicans are expected to increase their lead.

The Republicans seats in Arizona and Nevada are the most vulnerable as they have strong Democratic leanings and the senators have not been in office for long. Perhaps the Obamas could make one of those two states their residence for 2018 so that Michelle Obama can run for Senator placing her in better position for run for POTUS.

Arizona Jeff Flake Republican 2012
Nevada Dean Heller Republican 2011 (Appointed) 2012
Nebraska Deb Fischer Republican 2012
Texas Ted Cruz Republican 2012
Mississippi Roger Wicker Republican 2007 (Appointed) 2008 (Special)
Wyoming John Barrasso Republican 2007 (Appointed) 2008 (Special)
Tennessee Bob Corker Republican 2006 2012
Utah Orrin Hatch Republican 1976

Non-Hispanic White will change from 62.2% in 2014 to 43.6% in 2060, so ultimately the Republican party must become more appealing to minority groups.
November 13th, 2016 at 12:24:27 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: Pacomartin

Non-Hispanic White will change from 62.2% in 2014 to 43.6% in 2060, so ultimately the Republican party must become more appealing to minority groups.

That is one thing they will never, never do. And if they try, it will sound as hollow, self-serving, and disingenuous as Trump's feeble attempts to engage black voters.

You have to remember, a fundamental--a vital--tenet of Republicanism is keeping their boots planted firmly on the throats of the lesser breeds. A Republican party that somehow became no longer racist would not be the Republican party any more.

It is, in fact, possible that the Democrats could take back the Senate. It depends on the level of disgust the American people have for Trump's fascist one-party rule after two years. The people might realize that a democracy where one ideological camp is firmly in power is no democracy at all. Also, I hope that the people realize that if the Republicans remain in power, we may already have voted in the last elections in the history of the United States.

Republicans, if they want to stay in absolute power, have to remember that the people that their policies will hurt do vote. I actually expect some kind of Reichstag-fire-like "terrorist incident" to be staged by the Republicans as soon as the dissent gets too loud. After all, what's the deaths of a few thousand people (many of whom voted for Hillary anyway!) if that helps keep Republicans from having to answer criticism?

I would love to see Michelle Obama run for President. Unfortunately, she'd have to overcome the I-hate-bitches vote AND the I-hate-n*****s vote. I would have thought not so long ago that that wouldn't have been too much of an obstacle to climb, but it's all too evident now that racism and sexism are as American as apple pie and stupid YouTube videos.
November 13th, 2016 at 12:32:13 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
That is one thing they will never, never do. And if they try, it will sound as hollow, self-serving, and disingenuous as Trump's feeble attempts to engage black voters.

Except he captured enough (and more than expected) to get elected at president.

Quote:
You have to remember, a fundamental--a vital--tenet of Republicanism is keeping their boots planted firmly on the throats of the lesser breeds. A Republican party that somehow became no longer racist would not be the Republican party any more.

Except the Republican party was originally the party of Abraham Lincoln, and the pro-civil rights movement.

Quote:
It is, in fact, possible that the Democrats could take back the Senate. It depends on the level of disgust the American people have for Trump's fascist one-party rule after two years. The people might realize that a democracy where one ideological camp is firmly in power is no democracy at all. Also, I hope that the people realize that if the Republicans remain in power, we may already have voted in the last elections in the history of the United States.

It's yet to be established that Trump is in anyway a Fascist. I think he has no idea on the real -deep- effect his words and rhetoric have on many people. But this is all hyperbole. And again misses one of fundamental lessons the centre/centre-left need to learn from the election.

Quote:

Republicans, if they want to stay in absolute power, have to remember that the people that their policies will hurt do vote. I actually expect some kind of Reichstag-fire-like "terrorist incident" to be staged by the Republicans as soon as the dissent gets too loud. After all, what's the deaths of a few thousand people (many of whom voted for Hillary anyway!) if that helps keep Republicans from having to answer criticism?

Get the tinfoil hats out, everyone... you are now descending into the weird conspiracy theorism that one EB likes to entertain as well.

Quote:
I would love to see Michelle Obama run for President. Unfortunately, she'd have to overcome the I-hate-bitches vote AND the I-hate-n*****s vote. I would have thought not so long ago that that wouldn't have been too much of an obstacle to climb, but it's all too evident now that racism and sexism are as American as apple pie and stupid YouTube videos.

We've seen how well the wife-of-a-former-president thing went down well. I have no doubts she'd be pretty good, but don't expect it to happen at all without a lot more distance.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
November 13th, 2016 at 12:34:22 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Democrat version of Tea Party brewing.

I didn't notice that was a pun until I wrote it.

A total break-off of the liberal wing probably will not happen. I'd set odds at 20:1 and if it did it would last all of one POTUS election. We may see the end of the Superdelegate system which helped freeze out competition to Hillary. We will see the Democrats move left because while they loved Bill Clinton there is a wing that never liked the "New Democrat" thing. They may now see a generational chance to move the party even further left than Obama took it.

Get the popcorn!

And I just mentioned this likelyhood in another reply... seems likely to me that revolution, counter-revolution and synthesis will happen on the Democrat side. If they can eliminate the corporatists, they are doing the US a favour, even if what emerges is still the same overall centrist/centre-left party.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
Page 4 of 6<123456>