Will DJT repeal same sex marriages?

Page 2 of 7<12345>Last »
November 11th, 2016 at 5:18:30 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
And no. He will not repeal same sex marriage. He doesn't have that power. And it'd be a horribly unpopular decision. The deplorables would love it, but they are not a majority.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 11th, 2016 at 5:57:21 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
President Trump is all about prosperity and happiness for all Americans regardless of sexual orientation, color, creed, religion ect... He loves all people. Gay marriage? Who cares? Not President Donald J. Trump, He's got bigger fish to fry. GO TRUMP!
November 11th, 2016 at 6:11:39 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: pew
President Trump is all about prosperity and happiness for all Americans regardless of sexual orientation, color, creed, religion ect... He loves all people. Gay marriage? Who cares? Not President Donald J. Trump, He's got bigger fish to fry. GO TRUMP!

I hope you are right.

I'd love to be proved wrong about his character and for him to turn out to be the "dealmaker" he claimed to be during the primary campaign.
November 11th, 2016 at 6:35:48 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: pew
Trump is all about prosperity and happiness for all Americans regardless of sexual orientation, color, creed, religion ect...

So he was lying non-stop throughout his whole campaign?

Shocking.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 11th, 2016 at 10:52:40 AM permalink
YeahBaby
Threads: 5
Quote: ams288
From a man who spends so much time practically fellating Donald Trump, this is surprising to hear!

u still mad at election huh bruh? lol...........
November 11th, 2016 at 10:55:28 AM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: AZDuffman
Gays called me a bigot because I did not share their view that we should not redefine marriage to their view. There was no discrimination of gays to marry. They had to marry someone of the opposite sex, like anyone else. So since I am a bigot for not sharing their view then they are by definition a bigot for not sharing mine. And gays are basically the most intolerant group to those who do not share their views, so save it.

Sue on what basis? When you lose a court battle you cannot just say you want to try again. You have to have grounds. What grounds do you see?

"There was no discrimination..." "they HAD to marry..." You truly don't see the contradiction?

Sorry, their calling you a bigot doesn't make them bigots, any more than my calling someone a murderer would make me a murderer as well. And I would love to see some actual support for your view that "gays are the most intolerant group." Remember, just because The Donald won, we haven't thrown truth and the need for evidence completely out the window. You'll get called on ridiculous statements, just like our esteemed future leader will (and boy, will he hate that).

And as far as how this case might be back in the Supreme Court, first of all, anybody can petition to have a prior Court decision overturned. That's been done, and successfully, many times. Look it up. And as to on what grounds, Republicans have been saying for years that telling them that they can't discriminate and/or be bigots is a violation of their religious freedom. THAT isn't going to go away, and when Trump packs the Court with like-minded idiots, the jerkwads will be further emboldened.
November 11th, 2016 at 11:02:57 AM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: ams288
I hope you are right.

I'd love to be proved wrong about his character and for him to turn out to be the "dealmaker" he claimed to be during the primary campaign.

I would love that, too, but his recent stupid little tweet about the nationwide protests suggests otherwise, that his jerkass persona, whether it's genuine or not, is one he's going to keep for a while. A President should realize that the right to peacefully assemble and to protest is fundamental and should keep his mouth shut about it. But keeping his mouth shut is a skill he apparently lacks.

It's not Trump that bothers me per se. It's that so many people ADMIRE him PRECISELY BECAUSE he's a no-good piece of filth. What does that say about our country? What would it have said even if Hillary had won a narrow victory? We needed a total repudiation of all the things that Trump (and Republicans) stands for, and we didn't get it.

And I'd like to say to all the Trumpers here and elsewhere: you've been played. This man isn't going to make your lives better--quite the opposite. But he fed your fears and told you what you wanted to hear. You were suckers. You've been duped. The sad part is that we're ALL going to be paying the penalty for that.
November 11th, 2016 at 12:10:30 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: YeahBaby
u still mad at election huh bruh? lol...........

I am not "mad at election."

That frankly doesn't make sense.

Perhaps if you had a better grasp of the English language, your trolling skills would actually be effective. As of now, they're just sad.
November 11th, 2016 at 12:13:56 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: stinkingliberal
And I'd like to say to all the Trumpers here and elsewhere: you've been played. This man isn't going to make your lives better--quite the opposite..

But, but, my life is already better and he
isn't even president yet. He called the
widow of a fallen police officer today
and offered his condolences. That makes
me feel great. He didn't have to, he's
not running anymore. Obama would
have wiped his ass with the newspaper
clipping and sent it to her in the mail.
Hillary would give her the finger and giggle.
So my life is already much better, thank you.

http://nypost.com/2016/11/10/trump-calls-slain-cops-widow-to-offer-condolences/
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 11th, 2016 at 12:36:40 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: Evenbob
But, but, my life is already better and he
isn't even president yet.

As I said, I'm sure that you THINK your life is and will be better. Tens of millions in Germany in 1933 thought so, too. The siren song of Trump has overpowered you. You weren't strong enough to resist it. I understand.

As an example of your being played, have you considered for a moment that the story wound up in the New York Times? If I called someone to offer my condolences about something, I wouldn't call the newspapers immediately afterward. You've been trolled by propaganda, and you've suckered for it. Sieg Heil!

(Next, someone will post a picture of Trump with bunnies.)
Page 2 of 7<12345>Last »