Will DJT repeal same sex marriages?

Page 3 of 7<123456>Last »
November 11th, 2016 at 12:46:33 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: stinkingliberal
As I said, I'm sure that you THINK your life is and will be better.

But, but, you thought Hillary would win!
You were 100% wrong, she was crushed
in the electoral college. Why should you
be allowed to now look into the future
and preach doom and gloom? You have
a track record of being really really wrong.
You sound like a bitter old lady who just
can't live with reality.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 11th, 2016 at 1:01:07 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: Evenbob
But, but, you thought Hillary would win!
You were 100% wrong, she was crushed
in the electoral college. Why should you
be allowed to now look into the future
and preach doom and gloom? You have
a track record of being really really wrong.
You sound like a bitter old lady who just
can't live with reality.

Ah, so I was wrong...but you can't be?

As to "why I should be allowed..." well, I can say whatever the hell I wish, and though you think that I shouldn't have that right, I in fact do have it, and will continue to have it regardless of however your tin god tries to take it away.

You are no longer worth talking to.
November 11th, 2016 at 1:06:00 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346

He never was.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 11th, 2016 at 1:20:47 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Ah, so I was wrong...but you can't be?

As to "why I should be allowed..." well, I can say whatever the hell I wish, and though you think that I shouldn't have that right, I in fact do have it, and will continue to have it regardless of however your tin god tries to take it away.

He's often wrong, but will never admit it.

He hated Trump, until Trump was winning. Go back through the political threads on WoV from summer of 2015 and EB bashed Trump a lot.

Always remember that - lots of Republicans who are claiming victory really hate the guy deep down, they just don't admit to it. That gives me solace.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 11th, 2016 at 2:07:40 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

And I'd like to say to all the Trumpers here and elsewhere: you've been played. This man isn't going to make your lives better--quite the opposite. But he fed your fears and told you what you wanted to hear. You were suckers. You've been duped. The sad part is that we're ALL going to be paying the penalty for that.

Yeah, you don't get it. We are not waiting for Trump to "make our lives better." We do not expect him to pay our mortgage or fill our gas tanks. We just want him to stand up for America and Americans. We want a leader who is a Citizen of the USA, not some kind of Citizen of the world.

Secure the borders. No more refugees. Roll back draconian regulations. Do that and we will take care of making our lives better.
The President is a fink.
November 11th, 2016 at 3:09:39 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: AZDuffman
Yeah, you don't get it. We are not waiting for Trump to "make our lives better." We do not expect him to pay our mortgage or fill our gas tanks. We just want him to stand up for America and Americans. We want a leader who is a Citizen of the USA, not some kind of Citizen of the world.

Secure the borders. No more refugees. Roll back draconian regulations. Do that and we will take care of making our lives better.

The phrase "stand up for America" is meaningless out of context. The people who hunted down and lynched blacks in the 1920s said they were standing up for America (code: WHITE America). I'm sure that you construe the phrase to mean "persecute those who aren't like us."

I have a news flash for you: tolerance and resistance to bigotry IS American. Trump is threatening to destroy everything that is American. Stand up for America? My ass! Also, will he even do the work that would be necessary to set up the police state that you and he dream of? Hell, all he'll want to do is sit around and grope White House staffers (either gender; he's not particular).

The fact that you think we shouldn't be citizens of the world in addition to being citizens of the US pretty much underscores who you are and what's wrong with your thinking. We can't retreat into a shell, build walls, quintuple the border police, persecute anybody who isn't an old white man, cut off trade (it's REALLY stupid to think that trade HARMS the economy) and expect that approach to work. We'd just become an isolated backwater.

I truly don't understand the hatred that people like you feel for refugees, by the way. It's odds-on that some of your ancestors were themselves refugees. I personally feel compassion for people who have had their homes destroyed and are fleeing from brutal governments. I also think that they will add to our country, not endanger it as silly Republican rhetoric would have you believe. We have an obligation, as human beings, and as a society, to care for the disadvantaged, the weak, and those who have been hurt through no fault of their own. Obviously, you disagree, and that's why I doubt that you and I could ever find any common ground.

Especially since you've let yourself be so lovingly played.
November 11th, 2016 at 3:16:34 PM permalink
AZDuffman

I truly don't understand the hatred that people like you feel for refugees, by the way.

Quite simple. I do not want tens of thousands of people from a country that is an enemy and culture that hates the USA dropped into America. And I do not want tens of thousands of dollars spent on each and every one of them while we have our own problems here. Really, as Vets cannot get decent care at the VA. We keep hearing about everything being underfunded from schools to bridges. Somehow we have money for this?

Do you get it yet? I know you do not, of course.
The President is a fink.
November 11th, 2016 at 3:30:38 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: AZDuffman
Quite simple. I do not want tens of thousands of people from a country that is an enemy and culture that hates the USA dropped into America. And I do not want tens of thousands of dollars spent on each and every one of them while we have our own problems here. Really, as Vets cannot get decent care at the VA. We keep hearing about everything being underfunded from schools to bridges. Somehow we have money for this?

Do you get it yet? I know you do not, of course.

Well, I can only think of a few countries that are actually our enemies, and news flash for ya--if we did in fact get refugees from such countries, do you think they would share the views and attitudes of the governments of their home countries? After all, they LEFT.

It's a weak, flaccid argument to say that money spent to help refugees is being taken from some other, more worthy cause. the expenditures to help them are trivial compared to the US budget as a whole. And if you want to improve the VA, buy six fewer Stealth bombers and you could double the VA budget with that money saved alone (true story!).

I also doubt there are very many cultures that "hate the USA." You want to make an enemy of Muslims, fine. But that's only on your end. If you would educate yourself (which you resist fiercely), you would discover that everywhere you go, people are just people. They want to live their lives and prosper and see their children grow up safe and happy. Sure, there are a few bad actors. But they are not representative of the whole, in any culture.

Your attitude is like that of the 19th century US soldiers who would react to an attack on a single white farmstead by slaughtering an entire Indian village--men, women, and children. Because a few people are dangerous, everyone is. I have news for you--the world's peoples have much more reason to be afraid of white Christians than the other way around.

I feel sorry for you, that your life is dominated by so much hatred and fear.

And Trump. He's played you.
November 11th, 2016 at 3:37:56 PM permalink
AZDuffman

I also doubt there are very many cultures that "hate the USA." You want to make an enemy of Muslims, fine. But that's only on your end. If you would educate yourself (which you resist fiercely), you would discover that everywhere you go, people are just people. They want to live their lives and prosper and see their children grow up safe and happy. Sure, there are a few bad actors. But they are not representative of the whole, in any culture.

We haven't made a Stealth Bomber in almost 20 years.

Sorry to break it to you, but the USA is hated in many corners of the world. You might have missed the chants of "DEATH TO AMERICA" over the years. Maybe you were watching QVC instead of the news or something. Maybe you do not see the violence in muslim (moslem?) countries over the years. I dunno. I kind of wonder why you would stay in the USA given how much you seem to hate things here. Reading your posts I would suggest looking at other locales. Also stop breaking the pills in half.
The President is a fink.
November 11th, 2016 at 4:51:06 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

I feel sorry for you, that your life is dominated by so much hatred and fear.

It seems as though you're the hateful bitter
and afraid person here, not us. I have zero
problem with legal immigration, why would
I. Legal immigrant Muslims are fine, we have
more of them in my state than any other.

Illegal immigrants? Send them all home where
they belong. Build a wall to keep them out.
A country without borders is no longer a country.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 3 of 7<123456>Last »