Will DJT repeal same sex marriages?

Page 6 of 7« First<34567>
November 12th, 2016 at 8:05:56 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: stinkingliberal
Since he kindly did the research that proved that no party has controlled all five aspects of state and federal government in the last several decades (the last actual time was the 1920s, when Republican control resulted in the Great Depression), I'm rather grateful to him and happy.

Are you reading the same thing everyone else is reading or is your math just bad?

What has happened since 2008 is people have seen how radical things get under liberal control and came to their senses.

The President is a fink.
November 12th, 2016 at 9:37:34 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: AZDuffman
Are you reading the same thing everyone else is reading or is your math just bad?

What has happened since 2008 is people have seen how radical things get under liberal control and came to their senses.

No, Duffy, I'm just pointing out that...oh, never mind. I already said it. You will believe what you want to. Including that the country has been "under liberal control." Really, the asinine things that you say do you no credit. It's not a sign of character to keep doubling down on false statements. I know that's what your Trump hero does. But you really shouldn't imitate him.

And Clinton won the popular vote, so I think that "people" said that they wanted more stinking liberalism. Not to mention that since your watershed moment of 2008 (the end of the glorious Dubya Presidency!!!), "people" elected Obama twice.

All the evidence and research shows that the people actually want liberal policies. The fact that the Republicans have managed to stop the will of the people so far doesn't mean that anything has changed in that regard. Most people loathe what Republicans represent. And ALL decent people do.
November 14th, 2016 at 5:27:15 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Given the title of this thread, it seems kinda odd no one has mentioned Donald's 60 Minutes interview last night where he said marriage equality is "settled" law and he will not work to repeal it.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 14th, 2016 at 8:00:44 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Well, there is a difference between him not working to repeal it and getting people on the supreme court who would be willing to overturn it if they were given another court case.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 14th, 2016 at 8:35:00 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Dalex64
Well, there is a difference between him not working to repeal it and getting people on the supreme court who would be willing to overturn it if they were given another court case.

Fortunately the SC cannot proactively rule on law. Meaning a case would have to reach the court claiming marriage equality is a detriment to them. It's extremely unlikely that will happen. Roe v Wade has stayed the law of the land so long largely because challenging it is not easy.

The "easiest" thin to do would be to pass a Constitutional amendment banning marriage equality. The chances of that are so low as to be impossible.

All this, mind, assuming the law is followed. If not, then all sorts of things are possible.

In any case, marriage equality is not so much the issue. There are questions about non-discrimination laws that exclude LGBTQ people, especially regarding employment.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 14th, 2016 at 11:03:27 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Dalex64

Kind of like Obama didnt do anything to pass it I guess.
The President is a fink.
November 14th, 2016 at 11:27:29 AM permalink
ams288
Kind of like Obama didnt do anything to pass it I guess.

Elena Kagan and Sonia Sotomayor disagree with that assessment.

John McCain's Supreme Court picks certainly wouldn't have given us that decision...
November 14th, 2016 at 3:56:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: ams288
Elena Kagan and Sonia Sotomayor disagree with that assessment.

John McCain's Supreme Court picks certainly wouldn't have given us that decision...

Sotomayor is a racist, pure and simple. Should never have been moved above traffic court.

But seriously, what effort did Obama expend? All he did was sit back and wait.
The President is a fink.
November 15th, 2016 at 5:21:56 AM permalink
ams288
Sotomayor is a racist, pure and simple. Should never have been moved above traffic court.

Funny to hear this nonsense from a man who says the term "racist" gets thrown around too much...
November 15th, 2016 at 8:37:15 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: ams288
Funny to hear this nonsense from a man who says the term "racist" gets thrown around too much...

She stated she believes skin color more important than qualifications. All I'm sayin.
The President is a fink.
Page 6 of 7« First<34567>