Ways to stop the Republicans

Page 2 of 8<12345>Last »
November 12th, 2016 at 6:27:00 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Right, Joe. Just like liberals said he would never get the nomination. And just like they said he would never win the general. Just like they said he was running just so Hillary could win, that he was trying to lose.

The people who were wrong along
every step of the way are undaunted
by their pitiful predictions. Now they're
madly waving their arms over their
head predicting the worst. When the
tout at the track predicts the wrong
horse time after time, you kinda sorta
stop listening to him..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 12th, 2016 at 7:28:14 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Right, Joe. Just like liberals said he would never get the nomination. And just like they said he would never win the general. Just like they said he was running just so Hillary could win, that he was trying to lose.

He already is deeply unpopular. Do you actually think that when he takes office, the entire country will be magically infused with Trump-love? Not everybody worships him the way you do; there are still a lot of us stinkin' liberals out there.

And just to state the obvious, it isn't just liberals who loathe him. A LOT of Republicans also hate his guts. They're not inclined to forget all the crap he pulled to secure the nomination.

In any event, he'll be gone soon. He has no ability to govern, and I doubt he will have any inclination to try after he realizes just how much work it is. He's a lazy and stupid man, in additional to being an evil jerk, and anyone who doesn't see that should be ashamed.
November 12th, 2016 at 7:58:40 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: stinkingliberal
They're not inclined to forget all the crap he pulled to secure the nomination.

What crap would that be? Finding a message? Exciting a base? All Trump did was the same thing Bernie did on the left, except Trump was a success.
The President is a fink.
November 12th, 2016 at 8:22:57 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
He has no mandate, no matter how often you bleat that he has, and he's going to be the most unpopular President in history. I'm more concerned with mitigating the damage that the Republicans will do even after he self-destructs. Pence, for example, would not be any real improvement.

Course he has a mandate! He won the election. That's how that works.

Jeez. I may be a liberal, but at least I wash.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
November 12th, 2016 at 8:24:02 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Evenbob
The people who were wrong along
every step of the way are undaunted
by their pitiful predictions. Now they're
madly waving their arms over their
head predicting the worst. When the
tout at the track predicts the wrong
horse time after time, you kinda sorta
stop listening to him..

Just like when Obama got in for a second term, eh Bob? Against your prediction. It helps to come from a position of experience, I guess.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
November 12th, 2016 at 8:39:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: TheCesspit
Just like when Obama got in for a second term, eh Bob? Against your prediction. It helps to come from a position of experience, I guess.

And how many dire predictions did I
make after he won? Zero. None.
Nada. I didn't comment at all, in
fact. I forgot about it. If you're saying
I was waving my arms around predicting
the worst, you're full of shit.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 12th, 2016 at 9:28:51 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: TheCesspit
Course he has a mandate! He won the election. That's how that works.

Jeez. I may be a liberal, but at least I wash.

When considerably more than half the voters wanted him to NOT be President, I don't consider him to have a mandate, since I define "mandate" as "the will of the people to carry out an agenda or policy."

I would consider him to have had a mandate if he had won 50% or more of the popular vote. I think that no reasonable person could say that the country actually WANTS Trump. Some crazy racists, sure. But the country as a whole? Naah. But the bizarre Electoral College works in his favor, just as it did for Dubya.
November 12th, 2016 at 9:32:51 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
What crap would that be? Finding a message? Exciting a base? All Trump did was the same thing Bernie did on the left, except Trump was a success.

Insulting his opponents rather than engaging in substantive debate. Running a campaign based on racism and innuendo. Forcing Republicans to choose between him and their party. Behaving like a seven-year-old child. You know.

Surely you realize that he has antagonized practically everyone that he now needs to help him govern? Yeah, Paul Ryan seems to be willing to lick Trump's genitals now, but a LOT of the people that Trump shat on aren't.

Not that I'm unhappy to see all that happen, of course.
November 13th, 2016 at 4:39:19 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Insulting his opponents rather than engaging in substantive debate. Running a campaign based on racism and innuendo. Forcing Republicans to choose between him and their party. Behaving like a seven-year-old child. You know.

Been thru this many times. Trump did not make any racist comments. He did not follow the PC guidelines that liberals have imposed on the USA. This led many of them to go to their "safe spaces" where intellectual debate is not allowed and all must be PC. But he did not run a campaign based on racism.

Trump campaigned on protecting the border. Liberals want open borders. Liberals cannot defend open borders, so they call names like "racist!" No wonder Trump won in a landslide!

If you want racism, listen to the media and their giddynes about how whites are dying out and we will soon be minority-majority. Almost as if they are cheering genocide.
The President is a fink.
November 13th, 2016 at 5:52:50 AM permalink
stinkingliberal
Not much point in talking to Trumpers as if they were human beings, is there? Sigh.
Page 2 of 8<12345>Last »