Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: stinkingliberal
And you made yet another grammar error...pretty sad :(*

This is what gave you away as MKL, this anal
retentive obsession you have correcting spelling
and grammatical errors. You can't help yourself,
which is pretty funny.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 13th, 2016 at 4:58:26 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Well yeah, that's the whole point of it.
The root of all humor is about offending
people for the entertainment of others.

Satire is an art. This is part of why Limbaugh is so successful. Just push the right certain buttons the right way. George Carlin was also a master. No safe space needed.
The President is a fink.
November 13th, 2016 at 5:27:19 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
Satire is an art. This is part of why Limbaugh is so successful. Just push the right certain buttons the right way. George Carlin was also a master. No safe space needed.
Indeed Carlin was a master. I admire his way of educating through humor.

Did you see this? http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-13/blocks-anti-trump-protest-buses-caught-tape
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 13th, 2016 at 5:37:20 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: petroglyph
Indeed Carlin was a master. I admire his way of educating through humor.

Did you see this? http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-13/blocks-anti-trump-protest-buses-caught-tape

As if we didn't suspect this! Liberal Brownshirts, bought and paid for.
The President is a fink.
November 13th, 2016 at 5:46:03 PM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
which is pretty funny.

You mean the belligerent know-all posts, failed AP, teacher/academic stories on WoV didn't give it away already? I had him picked within a few posts over there. Now all we need is the epic meltdown and foul-mouthed PM's on his way out to complete the hilarity.
November 13th, 2016 at 5:52:29 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Aussie
You mean the belligerent know-all posts, failed AP, teacher/academic stories on WoV didn't give it away already? I had him picked within a few posts over there. Now all we need is the epic meltdown and foul-mouthed PM's on his way out to complete the hilarity.

Let the games begin!
The President is a fink.
November 13th, 2016 at 6:14:24 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Well yeah, that's the whole point of it.
The root of all humor is about offending
people for the entertainment of others.

You actually think that? Wow.

I agree that a lot of humor is mean-spirited. But society has evolved to where some subjects are no longer acceptable targets. For instance, "blonde jokes." They're sexist and offensive, while often, admittedly, very funny. But I think that sort of joke is a LOT less funny when you're part of the group that is being targeted and stereotyped. If you have consideration for the feelings of others, you weigh the pleasure that making such a joke might give you against the hurt you may cause someone who hears it. I personally know an extremely smart blonde woman who has told me that she hated jokes like that, and I can understand why. She dyed her hair brown once and people actually started treating her like she was smarter.

I have a simple rule, which I know Trumpers don't follow, that I shouldn't obtain pleasure by causing someone else pain--even potentially.
November 13th, 2016 at 6:17:09 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
which is pretty funny.

Don't be proud of your functional illiteracy, Bob. It isn't "anal retentive" to care that what you're writing makes sense and doesn't read like it was written by a seven-year-old.
November 13th, 2016 at 6:19:37 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: Aussie

What awful episodes in your life have made you so hostile? You haven't said one substantive thing on this forum (or, likely, any other). All you've done is attack other posters, including, apparently, some mythical ghost that haunts you. Do you have anything worthwhile whatsoever to say?
November 13th, 2016 at 6:23:55 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: stinkingliberal
Don't be proud of your functional illiteracy, Bob. It isn't "anal retentive" to care that what you're writing makes sense and doesn't read like it was written by a seven-year-old.

But it IS anal to compulsively correct others
all the time. And rude. It makes you look
small and petty, not to mention egotistical.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 5 of 8« First<2345678>