1 vote (11.11%)
2 votes (22.22%)
3 votes (33.33%)

9 members have voted

November 14th, 2016 at 8:28:10 AM permalink
DJTeddyBear
Threads: 5
Quote: ams288
My view is: can't we just wait until he's President and actually does something stupid to complain and protest? Why waste the energy now??
Ditto. BIG ditto.
Ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power. But having only some facts can get you into trouble!
November 14th, 2016 at 8:30:26 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: buzzardknot
If the tv cameras did not show up. how long would these protests last ?

TV cameras are meaningless
If crucial footage is caught on a phone, TV station will use it
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 14th, 2016 at 10:55:46 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DJTeddyBear
Ditto. BIG ditto.

They want to have the president start
with a bad rep even before he's sworn
in. Except it's backfiring. We look at all
these protesters as sore losers that don't
have a legitimate complaint. We know
they'll get tired and go home eventually,
who cares.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 14th, 2016 at 11:09:14 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: buzzardknot
If the tv cameras did not show up. how long would these protests last ?

If TV cameras hadn't shown up for the first week of Trump's campaign he probably would have quit.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 14th, 2016 at 11:30:59 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
The far left is finally being exposed for everyone to see. The paid agitators while go back under their respective rocks when Soros and his gang stop paying them.
November 14th, 2016 at 1:48:22 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Obama was just on TV for an hour telling us
how great Obamacare is and how wonderful
the Iran deal is, and how crazy it would be
for Trump to mess with them. He says it
was all campaign talk, once Trump gets
in office, he'll realize how fantastic these
things really are. Wanna bet, Barry?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 14th, 2016 at 1:51:24 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Obama was just on TV for an hour telling us
how great Obamacare is and how wonderful
the Iran deal is, and how crazy it would be
for Trump to mess with them. He says it
was all campaign talk, once Trump gets
in office, he'll realize how fantastic these
things really are. Wanna bet, Barry?

It would be politically stupid to bring back pre-existing conditions and take away 20 million people's health care.

Hence the "compromise" word that has been floating around out there the last 6 days.

The problem is - the things people like about Obamacare are paid for with the things people hate about it.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 14th, 2016 at 2:22:15 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
There's no going back to the old way. With technology the way it is and our strong desire to keep people alive medical care will never be reasonably priced again. I used to say (when I wasn't covered) if I need a hospital stay it would be cheaper to get a suite at Belagio and hire my own nurse. Maybe we should just go single payer. The problem is the government would be the payer and that would ruin it.
November 14th, 2016 at 2:28:18 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: ams288
It would be politically stupid to bring back pre-existing conditions and take away 20 million people's health care.

You can't have coverage of pre-existing conditions without forcing everyone to buy insurance. That's the problem. If you didn't make people buy insurance, and you wanted coverage for pre-existing conditions, then no one would pay for insurance until they fell ill. And then every insurance company in America would go broke in days.

I've no sympathy for the GOP or other opponents of Obamacare, though. They had the 8 years of Bush the younger's term, including several with control of Congress, during which they did absolutely nothing. When the Democratic-controlled House drafted their bill, the GOP Representatives didn't offer a counterproposal. Never mind whether or not it had a chance of passing or even being taken seriously, it would have been something a lot better than rhetorical gloom and doom predictions no one would take seriously (no one did).

To those who supported Obamacare, I say the same thing I think trump's supporters will hear soon: "you made your bed, don't complain if the nails are making you bleed."

The Iran deal is another thing Republicans should think twice before criticizing it. After reaching a long impasse in Afghanistan, Bush decided to invade Iraq, which posed no imminent or long-term threat to the US or her allies. All this while both Iran and Syria were developing real chemical and nuclear weapons (remember that Israeli strike on Syria a few years back?). What's Obama supposed to do? After years of a very expensive war on two fronts, where thousands of US service personnel lost their lives and more received injuries with life-long consequences, he had few military options open to him, and the Iranians knew this.

Hindsight being 20/20 and all, it would seem unfair to criticize Bush the younger for his decisions. Especially since there was intelligence indicating WMDs in Iraq (which we now mostly to have been a bluff the Bush administration fell for). But it's not. For one thing, Iraq served as counterweight to Iran. For another, he got plenty of warnings from lots of US allies, including some who supported the war anyway.

Sow as it a good deal with the Iranians? almost certainly not. Was it worse than he could have gotten had he been able to credibly threaten prolonged air strikes or invasion? Almost certainly yes.

Grow up and take responsibility. The GOP wasn't shy about, in some aspects with ample justification, blaming Bill Clinton for 9/11. A president's term ends on a given date. Their legacy can live on for decades.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 14th, 2016 at 3:12:55 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Curious who a single payer would be if not the government?

There appears to be many inefficient processes in health care, understand at least the argument that the government may not be the solution.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
Page 2 of 4<1234>