What is this, the XX Century?

Page 2 of 2<12
February 7th, 2013 at 1:44:20 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: AcesAndEights
You should be able to use it on aircraft - put it in "Airplane mode" right before you shut it down for takeoff.

You'd think so, wouldn't you? But nothing gives a stewardess conniptions like turned-on phone inside the airplane in flight. In some airlines they explicitly state "all phones off during flight, even if they are in flight mode."

Not that I fly much, really. It's just that I can see Gibbon taking all my drive time, workout time and waiting time up for two solid years. And that's just volume I :P
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 8th, 2013 at 9:21:55 AM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
Quote: Nareed
You'd think so, wouldn't you? But nothing gives a stewardess conniptions like turned-on phone inside the airplane in flight. In some airlines they explicitly state "all phones off during flight, even if they are in flight mode."

Not that I fly much, really. It's just that I can see Gibbon taking all my drive time, workout time and waiting time up for two solid years. And that's just volume I :P

Huh, I've never had a problem with it. I guess my phone could be mistaken for an iPod or something, but I've never heard "all phones off during flight, even if they are in flight mode," that's messed up.
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
February 8th, 2013 at 10:23:18 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: AcesAndEights
Huh, I've never had a problem with it. I guess my phone could be mistaken for an iPod or something, but I've never heard "all phones off during flight, even if they are in flight mode," that's messed up.

It was in a "safety" lecture video ons some flight. It may have been on Mexicana, which for all intents and purposes is dead.
March 5th, 2013 at 9:47:35 PM permalink
Nareed
So the brick had been behaving and playing Decline and Fall like a good little machine.

Then today inexplicably when I tried to rewind a bit, the app crashed. It kept playing, but I couldn't get it to stop, nor access any other functions in the device. Long story short, I had to remove the battery, restart the phone, uninstall audible, and finally reinstall audible. Hopefully it will work again...
Page 2 of 2<12