2 votes (33.33%)
3 votes (50%)
1 vote (16.66%)

6 members have voted

November 16th, 2016 at 9:07:24 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
As someone who never brings a carry on, I'd welcome this.

I am just the opposite. I don't think I have checked a bag in my last 100 flights, but most of my trips are less than seven days.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 16th, 2016 at 10:02:52 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
As someone who never brings a carry on, I'd welcome this. Hopefully it'd speed the boarding process up.

And de-boarding, too.

My modes of travel are 1) checked bags plus a laptop bag and a purse, 2) laptop bag and a purse, 3) in about 2% of flights a carry on, a laptop bag and a purse. So, yeah, I'd be totally find with outrageous overhead bin fees.

Quote:
I have no idea how anyone can avoid checking a bag and just cram all their stuff into a carry on. Even for a 3 day trip, I could never manage that.

It makes for a shorter time at the airport, not having to wait for luggage. But packing makeup and toiletries in a carry on with the liquids restrictions is too much bother for me.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 16th, 2016 at 10:12:55 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I always bring a carry on
No chance of the airline losing your bag
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 16th, 2016 at 10:37:36 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Nareed
It makes for a shorter time at the airport, not having to wait for luggage. But packing makeup and toiletries in a carry on with the liquids restrictions is too much bother for me.

I've seen guys in the TSA line have to throw away expensive bottles of cologne because they didn't know the proper restrictions. Eff that. I'll just check it.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 16th, 2016 at 4:03:34 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
As someone who never brings a carry on, I'd welcome this. Hopefully it'd speed the boarding process up.

I have no idea how anyone can avoid checking a bag and just cram all their stuff into a carry on. Even for a 3 day trip, I could never manage that.

You have to learn how to travel light. Although I usually still need to check a bag.
The President is a fink.
November 17th, 2016 at 6:47:57 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I've seen guys in the TSA line have to throw away expensive bottles of cologne because they didn't know the proper restrictions. Eff that. I'll just check it.

Yeah, things like that.

I use a liquid foundation, and also carry cold cream, moisturizer, nail polish remover, perfume, hand lotion, alcohol gel, baby oil, shampoo, conditioner, depilatory cream, and possibly other things. Pre-security-theater era, I might have packed a carry-on for a short trip. These days it's not even remotely possible.

BTW, one time I forgot to remove a tube of moisturizer from my laptop bag, and got it confiscated at security in MEX. The security person did tell me I could go back to the counter and check it, though. But for a $5 half-empty tube it just wasn't worth it.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
Page 3 of 3<123