Trump's conflicts of interest

Page 1 of 61234>Last »
November 16th, 2016 at 10:09:38 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Because of the size & scope of the Trump Organization combined with the size & scope of the Oval Office's power, Trump will need to be extraordinarily disciplined to pass up opportunity after opportunity to exploit the Presidency for personal financial gain. With so much money at stake and so much power at his disposal, the situation is unprecedented.

This article separates Trump's conflicts of interest into 6 categories: foreign affairs, banking, law enforcement, IRS, Trump's Washington DC Hotel, and oil pipeline permits.

Quote: Politico
Unlike past presidents who took office with considerable wealth, from George H.W. Bush to John F. Kennedy, the setup Trump is creating for his financial assets-- leaving his three oldest adult children and a "team of highly skilled executives" in charge while he's in the Oval Office-- appears likely to expose large numbers of people the president hires to an unprecedented set of conflicts spanning his entire federal government.

I doubt that putting Ivanka, Eric, & Donald Jr. in charge of the company will be sufficient to prevent the scandals. He needs to take additional steps and create greater barriers between his business interests and the government. The scandals will be a time-wasting distraction from President Trump's real goal: making America great again.
November 16th, 2016 at 10:31:52 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: reno
I doubt that putting Ivanka, Eric, & Donald Jr. in charge of the company will be sufficient to prevent the scandals. He needs to take additional steps and create greater barriers between his business interests and the government. The scandals will be a time-wasting distraction from President Trump's real goal: making America great again.

Like I said elsewhere, even coincidental moves by his children can end up looking suspicious, and will tangle him up in unnecessary scandal.

But since he's a business "success" he will know better and put it in a blind trust. Heh.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 16th, 2016 at 11:24:25 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: reno
The scandals will be a time-wasting distraction from President Trump's real goal: making America great again.

I'm willing to bet $5 he'll be facing impeachment before the 2018 mid-terms.

Much as I loathe Pence, I'll take him over the Orange Man any time. He's a known quantity.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 16th, 2016 at 11:25:01 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: rxwine
But since he's a business "success" he will know better and put it in a blind trust. Heh.

What if a blind trust manages to make more money than the Orange Man did?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 16th, 2016 at 12:04:15 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Nareed
What if a blind trust manages to make more money than the Orange Man did?

Sure, I think a chimpanzee would be very competitive. Save big on a salary.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 16th, 2016 at 3:11:23 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

He is going to hire Hillary?
The President is a fink.
November 16th, 2016 at 3:14:50 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Quote: AZDuffman

Are you in danger of joining Beverly Whaling ? Just asking.
November 16th, 2016 at 3:49:21 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: buzzardknot
Quote: AZDuffman

Are you in danger of joining Beverly Whaling ? Just asking.

I don't see why.

The President is a fink.
November 17th, 2016 at 12:31:54 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
TRUMP jet should be sold. He won't be able to fly it for a few years, and it is too big of a target for him to let his children fly it. He would get a good price for it now, and he can buy another one later.
November 17th, 2016 at 2:02:41 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Pacomartin
TRUMP jet should be sold. He won't be able to fly it for a few years, and it is too big of a target for him to let his children fly it. He would get a good price for it now, and he can buy another one later.

Or let Ivanka use it to restart his airline.
The President is a fink.
Page 1 of 61234>Last »