Mexican economy

Page 2 of 2<12
November 19th, 2016 at 7:33:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff
Death Valley with all its jeep tours an abandoned mines, shacks, tunnels, hermits, etc. sure supports a wide area advertizing itself as Gateway to Death Valley.

It may, but people could not live there in any kind of numbers.
The President is a fink.
November 20th, 2016 at 4:22:11 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
>>>>>>> Another is probably so much of the population clustered in a few parts of the country with other parts uninhabitable.
Uninhabitable or uninhabited.

Most countries in the world have all their population clustered in one or two urban areas. Look at France!

Mexico does have programs to try to encourage growth around cities other than Mexico City, but the pull of history is very strong.
November 21st, 2016 at 2:11:28 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: AZDuffman
It [Death Valley] may, but people could not live there in any kind of numbers.
Not twelve hours after you posted this I received a post from someone who had purchased 40 acres and was inquiring about how best to use the topography and what native and non-native "dry" plants there are. He was particularlly interested in swales to conserve rainwater and soil and in retaining rain water from sudden, intense storms.

I'll admit, it won't be a thriving metropolis but its not without certain advantages.
November 21st, 2016 at 4:55:53 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: AZDuffman
It [Death Valley] may, but people could not live there in any kind of numbers.
Not twelve hours after you posted this I received a post from someone who had purchased 40 acres and was inquiring about how best to use the topography and what native and non-native "dry" plants there are. He was particularlly interested in swales to conserve rainwater and soil and in retaining rain water from sudden, intense storms.

I'll admit, it won't be a thriving metropolis but its not without certain advantages.

Good luck to him. Got to be careful with that kind of a purchase, even as big as a quarter-quarter section. I heard of some people bought near Lake Mead on the AZ side and wanted to sell. Realtors would not even bother to take the listing.
The President is a fink.
Page 2 of 2<12