Can Hillary Still Win?

March 24th, 2017 at 12:17:32 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: kenarman
As Bob said this age group probably has been thinking about suicide for a while and would find a way as they did in Canada. US suicides are also increasing among females who are unlikely to use a gun.

Few suicides are spur of the moment,
even if they seem like they are. Most
are people who have always considered
it an option. And yes, women don't like
screwing up their appearance, so guns
aren't their choice. Pills are painless.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 24th, 2017 at 1:00:49 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: petroglyph
Do you believe suicide is a right?

Sure. But most people are worried about assisted suicide. Because regular suicide, it's kind of irrelevant whether it is or isn't.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 24th, 2017 at 1:27:48 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
Sure. But most people are worried about assisted suicide. Because regular suicide, it's kind of irrelevant whether it is or isn't.
If we all have the right to decide when or if we are ready to die, it shouldn't matter if the method of choice is a firearm or other means. The firearm as a method of suicide is a moot point.

I had a friend who used Oregons compassionate suicide after going through some brutal failed cancer treatments. It is at least a two week process, so it isn't quick at all. I wondered why he didn't use a gun. Even after taking the pills, death took several hours. It wasn't like the suicide pill as seen on tv at all.

His father two years later, tried to get compassionate care death after surviving blood cancer. He was left with bad neuropathy and couldn't get assisted suicide because, the dr. told him old age isn't a terminal disease. He was in constant pain, non ambulatory and ready to go for months before he finally died from natural causes. But he was capable of making the rational choice to end his life, but he didn't have any means, other than starvation which I believe is what he died from.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 24th, 2017 at 1:52:57 PM permalink
rxwine
If we all have the right to decide when or if we are ready to die, it shouldn't matter if the method of choice is a firearm or other means. The firearm as a method of suicide is a moot point.

I actually care least about firearms in the context of self-harm. If that was all we had to worry about, that would be great by comparison to homicides and serious injuries. Kind of like with SOOPOO and his motorcycle example. The user is the most likely recipient of harm with a motorcycle. If it wasn't for the uninsured on cycles, they would be far preferable to guns as far as harm to society.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 24th, 2017 at 2:02:20 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
Few suicides are spur of the moment,
even if they seem like they are. Most
are people who have always considered
it an option. And yes, women don't like
screwing up their appearance, so guns
aren't their choice. Pills are painless.
Are the pill attempted suicides where the majority of failed attempts come from? I can think of worse ways to go. After getting shocked enough times at work I know I don't want to be electrocuted with a toaster thrown in the bath tub. Electrocution is not pain free.

I know I don't want to drown, choke [hang] or bleed out. Don't want a massive wreck on the highway. A sufficient caliber firearm properly placed seems about the most efficient way to go to me? Yeah, I think people consider it for a long time, more so than just having an epiphany?

I wonder what the ratio of suicides by non pet owners to dog owners is? People that have good dogs have more reason to live, way more than cat owners.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 24th, 2017 at 2:26:21 PM permalink
Evenbob
Are the pill attempted suicides where the majority of failed attempts come from?

A lot of them are cries for help. If you
really want to use pills, you can easily
find the way to do it that will kill you
for sure.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 24th, 2017 at 2:30:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
"Publicly, Bannon has been working to help the bill pass. But privately he’s talked it down in recent days. According to a source close to the White House, Bannon said that he’s unhappy with the Ryan bill because it “doesn’t drive down costs” and was “written by the insurance industry.” While the bill strips away many of Obamacare’s provisions, it does not go as far as Bannon would wish to “deconstruct the administrative state” in the realm of health care."
March 24th, 2017 at 2:35:41 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
You study those people who tried to kill themselves and failed. Then you extrapolate from them to those who succeeded. You measure how many regret their decisions, how many try again, etc. You don't just go around making sweeping pronouncements about things you've no clue about.

That said, many studies have found people who attempt suicide regret doing so. If this holds true for gun suicides, they don't even have a chance to regret their decision.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 24th, 2017 at 2:38:23 PM permalink
rxwine
Are the pill attempted suicides where the majority of failed attempts come from? I can think of worse ways to go. After getting shocked enough times at work I know I don't want to be electrocuted with a toaster thrown in the bath tub. Electrocution is not pain free.

I know I don't want to drown, choke [hang] or bleed out. Don't want a massive wreck on the highway. A sufficient caliber firearm properly placed seems about the most efficient way to go to me? Yeah, I think people consider it for a long time, more so than just having an epiphany?

Although hanging seems ghastly or painful (especially the afterscene) but from what I understand from those people seeking sexual asphyxiation, one can fall unconscious from the rope without realizing it. That's the danger to people doing that.
April 12th, 2017 at 1:12:20 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
New Book on Hillary Clinton’s Failed Campaign Highlights Infighting, Heated Exchanges

"Hillary Clinton's failed 2016 presidential campaign was bogged down with infighting, according to excerpts from Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton's Doomed Campaign, an upcoming book written by Jonathan Allen and Amie Parnes."

I wonder if it will mention the decision to write off the white vote?
The President is a fink.