Can Hillary Still Win?

April 16th, 2017 at 6:44:03 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: pew
Just don't get into an accident. Duh. Evenbob do you slam your brakes on just to see your dog bounce off the dashboard? Real funny.

Sometimes accidents happen to you, sometimes you are the cause. No-one is 100% perfect behind the wheel of a car, and the Dunning-Kroeger effect suggests many of us who think we are good drivers are average or worse.

I wear a belt as it was drummed into me... Dad was a road accident investigator, Mum was a nurse who worked on a lot of serious injury wards. They'd seen the mess it made of people without a belt on. It took the laws to change before my grandfathers though wore seat belts.

If insurance rates go up, surely the hidden finger of market forces will then drive acceptance of safety precautions? Is it right to enact laws to help insurance companies... seems worst than doing it to protect people from their bad decisions.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
April 16th, 2017 at 8:32:30 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: TheCesspit
the Dunning-Kroeger effect suggests many of us who think we are good drivers are average or worse.

My wife thinks shes a great driver and she
scares me so badly I won't ride with her.
She uses the car like a weapon, getting
instantly angry at somebody and cutting
them off. She's a different person behind
the wheel. Her sister is even worse, letting
anything distract her and wandering into
the other lane or off the road. They both
consider themselves excellent drivers.

My wife uses the brakes and gas pedal
like she's playing a video game, I'm
stressed the whole time I ride with her.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 9th, 2017 at 4:03:01 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Even one of the biggest far-left groups is afraid she is going to run again and wants her to just go home!

The President is a fink.
May 9th, 2017 at 6:26:04 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
Even one of the biggest far-left groups is afraid she is going to run again and wants her to just go home!

A Clinton post?
ROTFL
Trump must be really tanking. Trump wanted Michael, for sale, Flynn for NSA. Worst NSA Ever
Weird, lots to discuss about Trump, Flynn and Yates but a conservative posts about Clinton.
I never discussed Rommney after he lost
LOL
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 9th, 2017 at 6:48:54 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
A Clinton post?

Yeah, in a Hillary Clinton thread. This is how forums work.

She is in the news so I made a post.

I don't get the problem.
The President is a fink.
May 9th, 2017 at 12:28:56 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman

I don't get the problem.

Last year at this time She was a
shining gem on the mountain
top. She could do no wrong. Now
the very mention of Her name
has Dems cringing and throwing
up in their mouths a little. They
hate her, they want to forget she
ever ran. I think it's wonderful..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 9th, 2017 at 12:49:13 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
the very mention of Her name
has Dems cringing and throwing
up in their mouths a little.
Just because Hillary makes someone throw up, does not make them a democrat.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 10th, 2017 at 6:36:12 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined

ROTFL
Trump must be really tanking.
LOL

I am not sure what you mean by tanking. He is the President. He won the ONLY poll that matters, the Electoral College. He is signing executive orders, nominating and getting confirmed a Supreme Court Justice, meeting foreign dignitaries, improving his golf game, awaiting bills from Congress to sign or veto, all while the economy is improving. Since he is clearly not your 'normal' Republican, he has no guaranteed rubber stamp from 'his' party. As I predicted, the Republicans are preventing him from instituting his most bizzarro ideas. It is perfect actually. Since ZERO Democrats will ever side with DJT on any substantive issue, there only needs to be a few Repubs to block him if needed. But if there is a unanimous consensus amongst the Repubs on an issue, they have the numbers.
What citizen of the US has been adversely affected by having DJT as President?
May 10th, 2017 at 1:23:56 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: SOOPOO
What citizen of the US has been adversely affected by having DJT as President?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trumps-frequent-visits-are-hurting-say-small-business-owners-near-mar-a-lago/
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
May 11th, 2017 at 10:43:03 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Dalex64
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trumps-frequent-visits-are-hurting-say-small-business-owners-near-mar-a-lago/

Excellent find. I definitely will agree with you on that specific subset of people/businesses. I would argue that it is not a 'policy' of Trump's that is hurting those people, but rather Trump's not giving a hoot about the side effects of many of the things he does or says. I wish I could be clearer about the difference but can't find the right words...