Can Hillary Still Win?

Page 19 of 19« First<16171819
April 16th, 2017 at 6:44:03 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: pew
Just don't get into an accident. Duh. Evenbob do you slam your brakes on just to see your dog bounce off the dashboard? Real funny.

Sometimes accidents happen to you, sometimes you are the cause. No-one is 100% perfect behind the wheel of a car, and the Dunning-Kroeger effect suggests many of us who think we are good drivers are average or worse.

I wear a belt as it was drummed into me... Dad was a road accident investigator, Mum was a nurse who worked on a lot of serious injury wards. They'd seen the mess it made of people without a belt on. It took the laws to change before my grandfathers though wore seat belts.

If insurance rates go up, surely the hidden finger of market forces will then drive acceptance of safety precautions? Is it right to enact laws to help insurance companies... seems worst than doing it to protect people from their bad decisions.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
April 16th, 2017 at 8:32:30 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 105
Quote: TheCesspit
the Dunning-Kroeger effect suggests many of us who think we are good drivers are average or worse.

My wife thinks shes a great driver and she
scares me so badly I won't ride with her.
She uses the car like a weapon, getting
instantly angry at somebody and cutting
them off. She's a different person behind
the wheel. Her sister is even worse, letting
anything distract her and wandering into
the other lane or off the road. They both
consider themselves excellent drivers.

My wife uses the brakes and gas pedal
like she's playing a video game, I'm
stressed the whole time I ride with her.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 19 of 19« First<16171819