2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

March 5th, 2017 at 5:34:26 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Right, you just said Trump was doing some kind of crazy tweet.

Yep. He woke up yesterday and furiously starting tweeting nonsense about Obama.

It's no secret he was extremely upset about Jeff Sessions recusing himself from any Russia investogations (maybe he's scared Jeff won't be there to make them go away???).

So he gets on Twitter and tries to change the narrative. And, as always, his delusional supporters buy the BS that he spews no matter how stupid it is.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 5th, 2017 at 6:46:19 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: foxnews
Trump said as recently as last week that Keystone and the Dakota Access pipeline must use American steel "or we're not building one."

But it won't use us steel. The non-us steel has already been purchased, and the Dakota access line is nearly complete.

His executive order even says it only applies to new projects and repairs, so he chose to lie about what materials were going to be used and what must be used.

I think they should continue to use the steel that was already purchased.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 5th, 2017 at 7:22:32 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
Yep. He woke up yesterday and furiously starting tweeting nonsense about Obama.

It's no secret he was extremely upset about Jeff Sessions recusing himself from any Russia investogations (maybe he's scared Jeff won't be there to make them go away???).

So he gets on Twitter and tries to change the narrative. And, as always, his delusional supporters buy the BS that he spews no matter how stupid it is.

If he really wants to "make it go away" and the Attorney General truly has that power, it is fairly simple. Right now, an Obama acolyte may well be the second in command in the DOJ. Easy fix. The next time there is a recess, smake a recess appointment of Deputy AG. That person will then be the acting AG for the purposes of things Sessions is recused from.

Whether he wants to "make it go away" or not, the Demotards will be screaming about the recess appointment...
March 5th, 2017 at 7:35:25 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: Dalex64
But it won't use us steel. The non-us steel has already been purchased, and the Dakota access line is nearly complete.

His executive order even says it only applies to new projects and repairs, so he chose to lie about what materials were going to be used and what must be used.

I think they should continue to use the steel that was already purchased.

"We have cleared the way for the construction of the Keystone and Dakota Access Pipelines -- thereby creating tens of thousands of jobs -- and I've issued a new directive that new American pipelines be made with American steel."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/28/politics/donald-trump-speech-transcript-full-text/

"The Keystone XL oil pipeline won't use American steel in its construction, despite what President Donald Trump says.

White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Friday that's due to language in a presidential directive Trump issued in January.

"The way that executive order is written, it’s specific to new pipelines or those that are being repaired", Sanders said. "And since this one is already currently under construction, the steel is already literally sitting there, it would be hard to go back. But I know that everything moving forward would fall under that executive order.""

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/03/keystone-pipeline-wont-use-us-steel-despite-trump-pledge.html

Your post is much ado about nothing. Of course they should use steel that was already purchased until that supply is exhausted. It would be stupid to do otherwise.
March 5th, 2017 at 7:35:46 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
What didn't happen is Obama didn't personally order it. That's just stupid.

You'd think if Obama had tapped Golden Boy's campaign phones, the Democrats would have buried him in the election.

So instead we're asked to believe Obama did something illegal for no gain whatsoever.

Yep. That falls within the definition of stupid. Or rather for "situation normal in Golden Boy land."

Also, I find it hard to believe that a liar who has lied habitually even about small things is suddenly telling something true while providing no evidence for it.

But that's just me.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 5th, 2017 at 7:51:53 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
Demotards

Moronic insult.

As someone who apparently prides himself on pointing out the evils of "both sides," it doesn't do your reputation any good using childish insults like that.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 5th, 2017 at 7:59:37 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
It is interesting reading the debate about the keystone steel without any actually talk of where the steel is coming from. All we have is the usual political sniping without any concern about what is actually occurring.

The steel for keystone which is already mostly purchased is already half US steel the other half is mostly Canadian steel with about 15% coming from Italy and India. That percentage is for the complete project including the construction in Canada.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 5th, 2017 at 8:01:07 AM permalink
RonC
Moronic insult.

As someone who apparently prides himself on pointing out the evils of "both sides," it doesn't do your reputation any good using childish insults like that.

Whatever. The people who insist on every single thing about any sitting President being wrong are complete idiots. This includes people who complained about everything Obama did; they would be worthy of a similar insult. Those are the people I am targeting with this; not the average Democrat who wants things to be done right and just has different positions on issues than the President or others. It is a shoe; it is up to each person to put it on or leave it off...

Making a recess appointment to fill a slot the Democrats won't allow an up or down vote on does not make something an attempt to do anything but fill a slot.
March 5th, 2017 at 8:07:17 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: RonC
"We have cleared the way for the construction of the Keystone and Dakota Access Pipelines -- thereby creating tens of thousands of jobs -- and I've issued a new directive that new American pipelines be made with American steel."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/28/politics/donald-trump-speech-transcript-full-text/

"The Keystone XL oil pipeline won't use American steel in its construction, despite what President Donald Trump says.

White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Friday that's due to language in a presidential directive Trump issued in January.

"The way that executive order is written, it’s specific to new pipelines or those that are being repaired", Sanders said. "And since this one is already currently under construction, the steel is already literally sitting there, it would be hard to go back. But I know that everything moving forward would fall under that executive order.""

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/03/keystone-pipeline-wont-use-us-steel-despite-trump-pledge.html

Your post is much ado about nothing. Of course they should use steel that was already purchased until that supply is exhausted. It would be stupid to do otherwise.

My post was about the quote from Trump reported on Fox news, that Trump pledge that you just mentioned, saying that they would use us steel, or not build it.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 5th, 2017 at 8:20:14 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: Dalex64
My post was about the quote from Trump reported on Fox news, that Trump pledge that you just mentioned, saying that they would use us steel, or not build it.

Quote: POTUS
"...and I've issued a new directive that new American pipelines be made with American steel."

He did not promise in that comment to make the existing pipeline projects--with product already purchased--use American steel. Neither did the Executive Order.