2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

March 7th, 2017 at 8:31:23 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I'm confused with the new Muslim ban.

There's much mention in the media that the countries targeted ought to do more to vet visa applicants. I've applied for US visas. All the vetting came from the US State Department. From the online questionnaire (in English only), to the fingerprinting, to the interview. What gives?

In the meantime, what assurances do we have US travelers to Mexico or Europe don't go there to buy drugs and sell guns?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 7th, 2017 at 10:00:14 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: ams288
FBI Director Comey calls BS on this whole story.... Obama never ordered the tapping of Donald's phones.

This is where the story gets weird. Comey works for Trump. Trump is Comey's boss. Trump doesn't need Congress to investigate Comey or anyone at CIA or NSA or DIA or FBI. These are Trump's employees! Comey is basically calling his own boss a liar (or an idiot). Trump needs to fire Comey.

Quote: Talking Points Memo
“It looks as if the President just for a moment forgot that he was President,” [former CIA director] Michael Hayden continued. “Why didn’t he simply use the powers of the presidency to ask the acting director of national intelligence, the head of the FBI, to confirm or deny the story he apparently read from Breitbart the evening before?”

“President Trump, in order to clear this up, could he demand to see this? Again, it would be unprecedented, but we’re in unprecedented circumstances," Hayden said.

As House Intelligence Committee Chair Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) and others have noted in response to Trump’s claim, a paper trail would reveal whether or not a court had granted a warrant to tap Trump’s phones. Trump would have the ability as President to demand that paper trail.

There's no reason to get Chaffetz involved, these aren't Chaffetz' employees, these are Trump's employees. A Congressional investigation is what Trump should be demanding if he were a private citizen-- ya know, an old man yelling at his TV. But he isn't a private citizen. He's President.

Quote: HotAir Blog
The Times reported on Saturday that White House counsel Don McGahn, inspired by Trump’s tweets, was seeking access to any FISA orders that might have targeted Trump or other people at Trump Tower. Question: If Trump’s suspicions about Obama are based on classified information rather than on media reports, why would McGahn need to seek access to anything? Trump would already have the material.

Another question: if it’s true that the FBI applied for a FISA order (which was supposedly rejected) last June that “named Trump,” as Heat Street alleged last November, why hasn’t a major U.S. paper been able to corroborate that? Neither the New York Times, the Washington Post, nor the Wall Street Journal has reported it, as far as I know, and “these guys are sourced up the wazoo,” as Julian Sanchez put it. The omission is even stranger if you believe that major American media is out to get Trump. What could be juicier to the MSM than a scoop that the FBI — Comey’s FBI! — had such strong suspicions about Russian influence over Trump that they sought a FISA order to investigate it? Why hasn’t the Times, which has run multiple stories alleging contacts between Trump campaign staffers and Russians, broken that news?
March 7th, 2017 at 10:15:48 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: reno
Comey is basically calling his own boss a liar (or an idiot).

At least he's accurate. Though I bet he regrets his unfortunate indiscretion late last year...
March 7th, 2017 at 10:18:23 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-07/wikileaks-hold-press-conference-vault-7-release-8am-eastern Its always conspiracy theory until its proven conspiracy fact. If Trumps phones were listened in on, there didn't have to be any paper trail. This info dump is larger than everything that Snowden leaked already.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 7th, 2017 at 10:50:26 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: petroglyph
If Trumps phones were listened in on, there didn't have to be any paper trail.

Nothing in your link suggests this.

But Golden Boy will jump on it to "prove" the CIA hacked the US election and made it looks as though it was the Russians, all to get him to the White House so they could discredit him.

Makes perfect sense.
March 7th, 2017 at 10:56:14 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Trump Tower didn't have to have its phones tapped to hear what was going on there - any number of the people who called in to Trump Tower could have had their phones tapped.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 7th, 2017 at 11:02:44 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
The title of this thread is "The Trump implosion thread". As the left leaning forum members keep pointing out weaknesses, oddities, inanities, possible illegalities with our Prez, .

Bottom line
he is a liar
not a politician liar, promising something and not being able to deliver
he is worse
Just an outright liar
His inauguration was bigger then Obama. Its an outright lie. Everybody sees the pictures.
Millions of illegal votes. Another lie
The President of the USA is a LIAR.
Its disgusting because its not typical political lying
Its liar liar pants on fire lying. Just disgusting outright lies
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 7th, 2017 at 11:12:30 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: petroglyph
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-07/wikileaks-hold-press-conference-vault-7-release-8am-eastern Its always conspiracy theory until its proven conspiracy fact. If Trumps phones were listened in on, there didn't have to be any paper trail. This info dump is larger than everything that Snowden leaked already.

I only heard a snippet on NPR heading home, but I most certainly did hear that some .org, which they described as "The CIA of the NSA" has absolutely been "turning on" smart TV's and the like to listen in on convos in the home. You think it's off, they turn it on.

Normally I'd roll my eyes at the Facebook-esque news, but FB it was not.

Reckon I'm 'bout to go full crazy-man-in-the-woods.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
March 7th, 2017 at 11:18:49 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
petroglyph; If Trumps phones were listened in on, there didn't have to be any paper trail

Quote: Nareed
Nothing in your link suggests this.

"Recently, the CIA lost control of the majority of its hacking arsenal including malware, viruses, trojans, weaponized "zero day" exploits, malware remote control systems and associated documentation. This extraordinary collection, which amounts to more than several hundred million lines of code, gives its possessor the entire hacking capacity of the CIA. The archive appears to have been circulated among former U.S. government hackers and contractors"

"include Apple's iPhone, Google's Android and Microsoft's Windows and even Samsung TVs, which are turned into covert microphones."

The agency's hacking division freed it from having to disclose its often controversial operations to the NSA bolding mine

"The CIA had created, in effect, its "own NSA" with even less accountability and without publicly answering the question as to whether such a massive budgetary spend on duplicating the capacities of a rival agency could be justified."

"The attack against Samsung smart TVs was developed in cooperation with the United Kingdom's MI5/BTSS. After infestation, Weeping Angel places the target TV in a 'Fake-Off' mode, so that the owner falsely believes the TV is off when it is on. In 'Fake-Off' mode the TV operates as a bug, recording conversations in the room and sending them over the Internet to a covert CIA server."

I am glad you perused the link
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 7th, 2017 at 11:32:39 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: Face
I only heard a snippet on NPR heading home, but I most certainly did hear that some .org, which they described as "The CIA of the NSA" has absolutely been "turning on" smart TV's and the like to listen in on convos in the home. You think it's off, they turn it on.

I'm not sure why Samsung's TVs need a voice recognition feature. That's what the damn remote is for. (Samsung probably just wants to compete with Alexa, Echo, Siri, etc.)

It makes sense to have a TV connected to the internet so that certain content (Netflix, Hulu, YouTube) can be accessed. But I see no need to have my refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, toaster online. More targets for viruses & hackers.