2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

May 28th, 2017 at 8:54:25 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Dalex64
I haven't seen any mainstream coverage either.

There is a short video out there.

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/05/26/watch-mentally-trump-wander-meeting-brought-staff.html

I knew there was a reason that I stopped participating in this board and that other one...it is the nearly complete absence of actual discussion of any political issues and the lack of very much thought-provoking conversation about the same. Just as our left and right friends have done in the big picture, these boards have tuned into the same thing.

Obama did everything right.

Trump is doing everything wrong.

Obama did everything wrong.

Trump is doing everything right.

I will use any piece of material to prove my point; even if it tells me that there is no evidence.

Yes, I have fallen into this trap at times, too. I am trying to stay out of it now--and staying away from here more as a result of it.

This is the problem with the left here on this board and everywhere--taking something that is very obviously innocent and trying to turn it into a President who is not fit for duty. I don't see that at all in the video; maybe he thought they were both supposed to leave, maybe he was walking towards someone calling him over, maybe he was a bit tired (I would be even at young age with a schedule like he had to keep on the trip) and misread something,who knows...

I am also not saying that everything this President does makes me feel comfortable. It doesn't. I am very uncomfortable with his Presidency to date. Too much twitter and not enough action--though some would act as if he has done absolutely nothing.

The right is acting basically the same as the left. Don't think that the knife I toss towards the left is not also meant for the right.

For this kind of stance I usually get some silly response from AMS288 because it puts me more in the middle than to the left or right. For some reason, it is not okay to be like most of the country and not fitting exactly in the hip pocket of one group or the other.

Just one example...

Healthcare--Obama's supporters passed it; some knew it was destined for failure when they did. That was their way to push single-payer through without having to fight the then-President and battle it out at the time. The party held together and gave us a plan that may have some good points but that is failing in many ways now.

The Republicans? Holy crap--this was your chance and you are blowing it as a team. Everyone needs to give a little bit to make things work; that is the way things get done. If they go two years without any real progress that people can see, they could easily lose the House. That happens a lot anyway...their current inaction will make it easier for the Democrats.

It feels like no one (or few) are in there doing what they were elected for...fighting for us.

It kind of sucks as a reason, and it has not worked out well to date, but that is kind of the reason that there is a President Trump. The people who supported him aren't the idiots you holier than thou people may try to make them out to be...that is just an easy way to say that you feel superior, but your gang isn't doing shit either.

Good day!
May 28th, 2017 at 11:26:57 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
If you find a board with people having rational and logical political discussions, where the extremists on both sides are thoroughly thumped or ignored for their ignorant/stupid/illogical arguments, please let me know what it is.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
May 28th, 2017 at 3:04:16 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC
I knew there was a reason that I stopped participating in this board and that other one...it is the nearly complete absence of actual discussion of any political issues and the lack of very much thought-provoking conversation about the same. Just as our left and right friends have done in the big picture, these boards have tuned into the same thing.

Obama did everything right.

Trump is doing everything wrong.

Obama did everything wrong.

Trump is doing everything right.
!

I admit I am against Trump
The complaints are endless
But
On the flip side
I give him kudos for the speech in Saudi Arabia which I liked a lot.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 28th, 2017 at 4:05:40 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Well, the observations from those left wing leaning sites about Trump's​ health simply mirror the right leaning observations on Clinton's health. No shortage of that here.

Now that he is home, the stupid and ill-advised tweeting has resumed.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
May 28th, 2017 at 5:00:15 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346

I guess he broke his pacifier on the flight back.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 28th, 2017 at 9:31:27 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

This one is my favorite:

Quote: @realDonaldTrump
The Fake News Media works hard at disparaging & demeaning my use of social media because they don't want America to hear the real story!

Uhhh Donald, I'm pretty sure everyone in the media would like you to tweet MORE. Helps the ratings when you dig a hole for yourself like you did with the Obama wiretap lie.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 28th, 2017 at 10:08:19 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I knew there was a reason that I stopped participating in this board and that other one...it is the nearly complete absence of actual discussion of any political issues and the lack of very much thought-provoking conversation about the same.

Trump is a real life absurdity in action. It's hard not to get distracted by his antics.

Having Trump become President is like finding out your brain surgeon is going to be Krusty the Clown.

Is he cutting anywhere near your head? Why is he making balloon animals? Why is he saying "Oops?"
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 29th, 2017 at 8:42:36 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
The problem isn't that Golden Boy is a joke. The problem is that he's such a bad joke.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 29th, 2017 at 10:25:12 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61

I don't think politics can be discussed anymore, at least not in the way you envision.

You're right. It's no more a social issue, it's degenerated into homerism. Taint no different than signing onto a Bruins and Habs site. You won't find any discussion about the nuances of the game, only how utterly horrible the other side is. I call it hummingbird water. It's high sugar empty calories. Everything you want and nothing you need.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
May 29th, 2017 at 10:36:32 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Defending Trump is like making your fortress in an outhouse.

Few can stomach it. Even fewer enjoy it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?