No votes (0%)
2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

June 16th, 2017 at 6:30:55 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Donald is yelling at TVs. Thought this would fit nicely in the "implosion" thread.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 16th, 2017 at 6:51:02 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
Donald is yelling at TVs. Thought this would fit nicely in the "implosion" thread.

Your yelling in the post doesn't make it more true.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 16th, 2017 at 8:55:32 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
It's receiving way more coverage than the alleged Hillary yelling.

There is definitely an organized effort (at least one) to discredit and end his presidency. There may even be more than one conspiracy ( = secret and illegal ) to do so.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
June 18th, 2017 at 11:50:55 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
For the snowflakes on the right complaining about the use of a Golden Boy look-alike in a production of Shakespeare's Julius Caesar:

http://mspmag.com/arts-and-culture/the-morning-after/review_julius_caesar_the_guthr/

Quote:
And, because Caesar is cast as a tall, lanky black man, the Obama inference is a bit too obvious.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 18th, 2017 at 7:13:50 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Dalex64
Well, the observations from those left wing leaning sites about Trump's​ health simply mirror the right leaning observations on Clinton's health. No shortage of that here.

I find the problem to be that the extreme right and left wing posts get all the attention. I consider myself a centrist. The problem with being a centrist is that it is boring on a forum. Boring everywhere really. There is usually an intelligent middle ground to be found on most issues but seeking that out gets drowned out by posts that Obama is a Muslim born in Kenya and Trump is a narcissistic puppet of Putin.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
June 18th, 2017 at 8:33:57 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Wizard
The problem with being a centrist is that it is boring on a forum. Boring everywhere really.

The Popular vote in 2016 for POTUS went to Democrats by 2.1% according to the latest numbers posted on Wikipedia. The cumulative popular vote in 2016 for the House elections went to Republican candidates by 1%. Leaving out California where two Democrats ran against each other, the cumulative popular vote in 2016 for the Senate elections went to Republican candidates by 3%.

Overall voter turnout – defined as the share of adult U.S. citizens who cast ballots – was 61.4% in 2016, a share similar to 2012 but below the 63.6% who say they voted in 2008.

The Latino voter turnout rate held steady at 47.6% in 2016, compared with 48.0% in 2012. So there was not a big reaction to Trump.

So by and large the nation is actually pretty evenly divided. The people who didn't vote at all outnumber the ones who voted for either party We are not at civil war despite the rhetoric of some pundits. So the reality is there must be a lot of centrists.
June 19th, 2017 at 5:52:48 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Pacomartin
So the reality is there must be a lot of centrists.

In real life, I am sure more people find themselves favoring a "Liberal" position here and a "Conservative" one there. Here? Not so much. If you say both parties are screwed up, which seems to be true the more we hear from either one of them, you get called names. The conversation here stays to the outside rather than the middle.

Most Americans just want a fair shake. They want government to take care of thing the government has to take care of and then go from there.

They want their elected officials to work out things and fix some of our problems.

It is the farther right and left that control a lot of the money fed to government and they also get the most time on TV. Once elected, it seems that most politicians cater to everyone but their constituents. Being in office is more about building a reelection campaign (money, power, etc.) than serving anyone. I'd rather they sat their happy elected butts in DC 305 days a year and either worked things out or just stared at each other the whole time. The sixty Sundays could be for quick visits home and they could take 30 days to campaign before the primary and the general elections. Getting reelected should be about getting things done, not being a great campaigner.

I know...sounds impossible...it doesn't mean that we shouldn't have standards...
June 19th, 2017 at 6:38:46 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Wizard
I find the problem to be that the extreme right and left wing posts get all the attention. I consider myself a centrist. The problem with being a centrist is that it is boring on a forum. Boring everywhere really. There is usually an intelligent middle ground to be found on most issues but seeking that out gets drowned out by posts that Obama is a Muslim born in Kenya and Trump is a narcissistic puppet of Putin.

You should try being non-partisan, or a libertarian.
June 19th, 2017 at 9:50:00 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: RonC
In real life, I am sure more people find themselves favoring a "Liberal" position here and a "Conservative" one there. Here? Not so much. If you say both parties are screwed up, which seems to be true the more we hear from either one of them, you get called names. The conversation here stays to the outside rather than the middle.

Most Americans just want a fair shake. They want government to take care of thing the government has to take care of and then go from there.

They want their elected officials to work out things and fix some of our problems.

It is the farther right and left that control a lot of the money fed to government and they also get the most time on TV. Once elected, it seems that most politicians cater to everyone but their constituents. Being in office is more about building a reelection campaign (money, power, etc.) than serving anyone. I'd rather they sat their happy elected butts in DC 305 days a year and either worked things out or just stared at each other the whole time. The sixty Sundays could be for quick visits home and they could take 30 days to campaign before the primary and the general elections. Getting reelected should be about getting things done, not being a great campaigner.

I know...sounds impossible...it doesn't mean that we shouldn't have standards...
Great post, spot on.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 20th, 2017 at 11:07:00 AM permalink
Nareed
There's buzz that Golden Boy will soon "re-organize" the White House communications staff. Apparently he thinks he ought to get better coverage for some reason.

Really, all he needs to do is fire the moron who's been using Tweeter so much lately.