2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

July 4th, 2017 at 9:43:32 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: rxwine
I'm not interested in propping up his image.

I pity those who are. It's like bailing the Titanic with a teaspoon.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
July 4th, 2017 at 10:04:46 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: rxwine
Over the top? Explain all this

Job security. Whoever's in charge of that list, will continue to be employed at least a year past Trump's death, probably two.
July 4th, 2017 at 10:09:08 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Nareed
Ah, so he never said he'd build a wall along the border with mexico, he never threatened to impose tariffs on all and sundry, he never said Muslims should be banned from entering the US, he never said "grab them by the pussy," he did affirm America's commitment to NATO's Article 5 but no one heard him, he did not call Qatar a sponsor of terrorism, he didn't contradict his staff even once, he didn't contradict his cabinet even once, he did not stand in the way of any legislation, he did not alienate every person who voted against him, he has did not use Tweeter to insult anyone at all, he never claimed there was massive fraud in the general election, and above all eh never fired the person in charge of investigating his campaign.

Did he?

Pull your head out whatever orifice you have it stuck in.

Most of your quotes are true Nareed but these were all said during the election and he still got elected, the US citizens that didn't vote for him need to get over it. You and I don't need to have any loyality because he is not our president. If the dems want some compromises from Trump then they must be willing to support some of Trumps policies. That is the tolerance and finding a middle ground that is preached by the liberals but in very short supply right now.

The lefties have just gotten to form the government in my province of BC with fewer votes than the sitting government. I feel most of their policies are a disaster for my Province. They did follow the rules getting to form a government so I am not going to make up stories about collusion. I am not a happy camper but will respect the process.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 4th, 2017 at 10:49:08 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: kenarman
Most of your quotes are true Nareed but these were all said during the election and he still got elected,

1) How did he leak intelligence to the Russians and fire Comey during the campaign? also, he had no White House staff nor a cabinet then.
2) He has kept picking fights on Tweeter with all the subtlety of a ten-year old bully in the playground.
3) So what if something was "during the election"? Does that make it any less vulgar, stupid and wrong?

Quote:
the US citizens that didn't vote for him

You mean the majority.

Quote:
If the dems want some compromises from Trump then they must be willing to support some of Trumps policies.

Which ones? Those that are blatantly illegal, those cobbled together behind closed doors, or those "his" own party wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole?

Quote:
That is the tolerance and finding a middle ground that is preached by the liberals but in very short supply right now.

Yeah, they should imitate the very tolerant conservatives and filibuster all judicial appointments, plus they should refuse to even schedule a vote for any nominations to the Supreme Court (hey, they might actually do that in 2019!)

I personally don't give a damn what the Democrats do. But it's the height of naivete to think they can gain anything by supporting Trump.

I figure his supporters and apologists really dislike the media, and thus are cheering Golden Boy for his childish taunts. But eventually he has to deliver. Thus far he seems good for nothing other than Tweeter rants, which BTW would get any other federal employee fired.
July 4th, 2017 at 11:01:07 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I would argue that much of the reason that Trump is taking US world opinion down is the incessant attacking of him by the left. Often with half truths or outright lies. I think the US is losing face in the rest of the world and the Trump detractors need to be concerned about whether their attacks are causing more permanent damage to the worlds opinion of the US than Trump might be doing on his own. Many people in the world respect loyalty and will not respect those with the over the top attacks against Trump.

Give me a break
Its all the medias fault?????
Trumps absurd disgusting tweets is the reason the whole planet has a low opinion of him.
The whole planet know his petty thoughts due to twitter. The planet has unfiltered access to how he thinks due to twitter
The planets low opinion of Trump is due to Trump alone.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 4th, 2017 at 11:44:25 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
Give me a break
Its all the medias fault?????
Trumps absurd disgusting tweets is the reason the whole planet has a low opinion of him.
The whole planet know his petty thoughts due to twitter. The planet has unfiltered access to how he thinks due to twitter
The planets low opinion of Trump is due to Trump alone.

I am just letting you know as someone who doesn't live in the US that at least in Canada I get the same feedback from both my left leaning friends and the Trump supporters. They do not think that the US is acting like a super power right now but more like dysfunctional family fighting in public and this loss of respect will still be causing the country problems long after Trump is gone. Your country's fight looks like a spoilt kid (Trump) being dealt with by an immature parent going down to the child's level.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 4th, 2017 at 11:48:36 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I am just letting you know as someone who doesn't live in the US that at least in Canada I get the same feedback from both my left leaning friends and the Trump supporters. They do not think that the US is acting like a super power right now but more like dysfunctional family fighting in public and this loss of respect will still be causing the country problems long after Trump is gone. Your country's fight looks like a spoilt kid (Trump) being dealt with by an immature parent going down to the child's level.
On the flip side, President Putin is gaining world respect
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 4th, 2017 at 11:59:04 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Its been like this since, well forever in my lifetime
Hasn't changed much since my childhood growing up.
I remember Nixon and the right incessantly complaining about the attacks from the left. The world pretty much looked down on the US due to Viet Nam. US was seen as dysfunctional
Some things never change :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 4th, 2017 at 12:02:23 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

It won't cause us any more problems than it does any country with resources or wealth. About as long as you can snap your fingers. Or vote in a different President.

That's true for any power players, not just the US.

Real long term effects is what to worry about. You can destroy a city in a couple days. Years to rebuild. Which is why anything Trump dismantles could cause more long term issues if it was a bad idea to dismantle.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 4th, 2017 at 12:38:35 PM permalink
Nareed

This is so typical.

You admit Trump is acting like a child, but rather than suggest he stop, you blame those who try to hold him accountable.

Look, if trump were a spoiled six-year old, or senile, then it would be outrageous for the media to respond the way it does. Either admit he's an adult responsible and accountable for his actions, or merely a fool who has no business holding any position in government.

And, BTW, staking out a rhetorical position and then backing off it, without defending it or admitting it was wrong, but blaming your position on someone else, is the worst kind of passive-aggressive behavior.